Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My wife @thegreaterbuzzette texted me at work today that Manafort was going to jail.  She also said something about they were having trouble deciding what jail to send him to.  Assuming it had something to do with where could he be protected.  Anyone heard anything about that part of the story?

I'm watching the news now and from what I've seen so far, they don't know which jail he'll be going to.

If he's in DC's jail, he's in for a rough ride, but he's federal so he could also be going to Alexandria County jail which is where federal inmates are normally held. If he goes to Alexandria he'll be in protective custody on the 2nd floor. That's really his most likely destination unless the federal marshals move him somewhere else for security concerns. But, if they do the only other jail i know of that hold's federal inmates is in Orange County, VA which is pretty far south. If he goes there, he's about to be on some deliverance ****.  That place is dirty as hell and your jumpsuit is the old school whites and stripes.

Alexandria isn't a walk in the park either, but that's his best shot. The other two options would be more likely to break him, but also greater chance of him getting snuffed out.

Edit: This is assuming that things haven't changed in the last ten years since I've been a guest of the above establishments.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Thanks 2

Dershowitz has been laying out some really dubious arguments since he started defending Trump. So now a guy with high price lawyers and who has enough evidence against him for witness tampering that he's indicted for it is just a victim like the tons of non-white non-rich people who are actually unfairly jailed prior to trial because they can't afford decent legal representation?

Cry me a ****ing river.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Republicans” simply do not care. Anyone that claims to be on their team is free to be a foreign agent, free to be a pedophile, free to use your charity to enrich yourself, free to lie shamelessly... Anybody in the spotlight on the other side should be jailed. It’s absolute madness and we’re watching it all unfold right before our very eyes in America, 2018.

18 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Dersh is way past his expiration date.  It's more sad than anything.  But no one should listen to a word he says at this point.

No one SHOULD. The President of the United States SHOULDN’T say the same nonsense. The most watched cable “news” network SHOULDN’T be spreading that sort of propoganda. The Republican Congress SHOULDN’T be working to actively obstruct an investigation into an attack on our country by a hostile foreign nation. This SHOULDN’T be mainstream GOP.

But it is.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Dersh is way past his expiration date.  It's more sad than anything.  But no one should listen to a word he says at this point.

Well isn't that convenient......ignore a expert.

:)

27 minutes ago, twa said:

I wouldn't necessarily ignore him, but when most other experts seem to be on the other side of the issue that carries weight when it comes to how much I'd buy into what he says on it. 

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I'm watching the news now and from what I've seen so far, they don't know which jail he’ll be going to. Alexandria  isn't a walk in the park either, but that's his best shot. The other two options would be more likely to break him, but also greater chance of him getting snuffed out.

Edit: This is assuming that things haven't changed in the last ten years since I've been a guest of the above establishments.

I heart Extremeskins.

• Like 1

One of the CNN commentators mentioned the burden for Manafort to work on his defense while being a couple hours south of his lawyers, so I wonder if that means he’ll be in Orange County.

Edited by Dan T.

2 hours ago, twa said:

He's not an expert.  He's an ex-expert.  It's clear the man is suffering from something that is degrading his mind, because he's literally wrong about everything of late.

"You can't tamper unless you've at least threatened to kill someone."  Like, for ****ing real?  No one actually believes that.  That Dersh is suggesting something so plainly wrong should say a lo lt about how much stock we put in him.

We put none.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My wife @thegreaterbuzzette texted me at work today that Manafort was going to jail.  She also said something about they were having trouble deciding what jail to send him to.  Assuming it had something to do with where could he be protected.  Anyone heard anything about that part of the story?

Fresh8686 provided a really good and reasonable answer, but I think the best place to send Flynn, Manafort, and Trump Jr. is Guantanamo. After all, they should be held as possible enemies of the state who conducted treason. They ought to be treated and questioned as Trump suggested when he supported torture.

(Not really serious, but would find it fitting)

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Fresh8686 provided a really good and reasonable answer, but I think the best place to send Flynn, Manafort, and Trump Jr. is Guantanamo. After all, they should be held as possible enemies of the state who conducted treason. They ought to be treated and questioned as Trump suggested when he supported torture.

(Not really serious, but would find it fitting)

That was for Muslims. (And Hillary). 

Forgot about Warsaw, but it makes sense. Never been there but knew a couple people who transferred from there to Orange County. It’s a step down from Alexandria. It’s gonna be a harsh transition for manafort if he’s never experienced jail time before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Forgot about Warsaw, but it makes sense. Never been there but knew a couple people who transferred from there to Orange County. It’s a step down from Alexandria. It’s gonna be a harsh transition for manafort if he’s never experienced jail time before. 

"VIP-1" housing sounds like he's in some sort of protective custody though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I wasn't aware that US intelligence had intercepted Russian communications in which they discuss coordinating damaging Clinton information with the Trump campaign through Manafort. 

Goes to show how much of this investigation the public isn't fully aware off. Mueller is likely sitting on so much information that is yet to be released, hence why Trump and his minions at Fox are in full blown insanity mode with their deep state conspiracies.

• Thanks 1