Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

26 minutes ago, Bang said:

, i will ask "conservatives"  yet again,, do you feel stupid yet?

As a conservative, I say not in the least.  

Though I bet you meant Republicans.   They are not conservatives though.  There is nothing conservative about the current GOP other then their attempts to conserve their own power.  They are just an embarrassment to our country.  The current group of loons have forever tainted the term Republican.  They should not also be allowed to taint the word conservative.  Them calling themselves conservatives is no different then me calling myself an astronaut.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's like the GOP is trying to play this entire thing exactly like Benghazi.  Just keep repeating nonsense in order to plant seeds of doubt withing the base and anyone else they can fool.  Then when everything blows over and their accusations amount to nothing, the damage has already been done. This is why pundits are the worst, because they likely know what they are saying is complete BS.

The conservative base has been socially engineered to believe complete and utter nonsense. 

Newt Gingrich is comparing Robert Mueller to Joseph Stalin at the moment. 

They get away with this because too many in the American public are still buying the “both sides” baloney. 

In reality the GOP deserves to lose every election as long as they continue to craft a bull**** reality. You can’t govern when one party in this country just utterly refuses to acknowledge what is happening right in front of our faces.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

When it comes to who to believe between James Comey, who is honest to a fault - so much so that people like you and the GOP have twisted that attribute into criticizing his Boy Scout "sanctimony" and "holier than thou attitude," and Donald J. Trump, who literally built a real estate and entertainment career based on lying as a business strategy, I'm going with the Boy Scout. 

And I hope he makes a ****-load of money off the book.  He's pushing back, for history, to answer the slurs heaped on him by a vile, deranged man and his power-slurping enablers.  He had any avenue for making money post-Government career.  The cash he gets from this is a side bonus.

Get mad all you want, lash out at me if it makes you feel better.  Just pointing out that none of this matters.  Because it doesnt

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

Get mad all you want, lash out at me if it makes you feel better.  Just pointing out that none of this matters.  Because it doesnt

Well, considering that one of Mueller's four finding in the obstruction case has to do with the firing of Comey, I would say it does matter. His credibility vs Trump's matters. The weight Comey's testimony may have on proving corrupt intent on Trump's part matters. With that in mind, his characterization of Trump operating like a mob boss matters. If his anecdote about John Kelly calling Trump dishonarable gets him fired, it does matter.

It's not the whole wall by any means, but it's definitely a brick in the wall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Well, considering that one of Mueller's four finding in the obstruction case has to do with the firing of Comey, I would say it does matter. His credibility vs Trump's matters. The weight Comey's testimony may have on proving corrupt intent on Trump's part matters. With that in mind, his characterization of Trump operating like a mob boss matters. If his anecdote about John Kelly calling Trump dishonarable gets him fired, it does matter.

It's not the whole wall by any means, but it's definitely a brick in the wall.

Zoony's correct.  The ONLY entity that can do anything about Trump is Congress.  If there is no spine to do it there, which there isn't, you can have any evidence you want come out and it won't matter.  He can be a criminal in office and if Congress doesn't see fit to impeach him he will remain.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Zoony's correct.  The ONLY entity that can do anything about Trump is Congress.  If there is no spine to do it there, which there isn't, you can have any evidence you want come out and it won't matter.  He can be a criminal in office and if Congress doesn't see fit to impeach him he will remain.  

Well, let's not focus so much on the end link of the chain, that we forget there are other links that precede it. The credibility of the case and the credibility of congress are reliant, but distinctly different.

Let's see how the elections play out in November and then hedge our bets on what may or may not happen.

6 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Let's see how the elections play out in November and then hedge our bets on what may or may not happen.

I wouldn't bank on to much happening even if the Dems sweep.  You have Pence waiting in the wings which is a whole other kinda tuuurrible.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

I wouldn't bank on to much happening even if the Dems sweep.  You have Pence waiting in the wings which is a whole other kinda tuuurrible.  

Eh, if the Dems sweep he ain't doing much of anything with his remaining tenure. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if his hands are dirty in some way as well. But, who knows we'll see what happens.

22 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Well, let's not focus so much on the end link of the chain, that we forget there are other links that precede it. The credibility of the case and the credibility of congress are reliant, but distinctly different.

Well, Zonneys point I think is that end the end of there are no results and no justice then what's the point. I can see where he is coming from on that. But I still want dude yo go down in flames if I had a choice. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Well, Zonneys point I think is that end the end of there are no results and no justice then what's the point. I can see where he is coming from on that. But I still want dude yo go down in flames if I had a choice. 

I feel you. I'm just not that doom and gloom about it being pointless and there being no results/no justice.

22 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Yeah but he’s (probably) not a criminal or a traitor so it would be a significant improvement. 

Pence would not be good, but there is also not a cult of personality with the dude. In fact I doubt he would even run for re-election and might just try to quietly serve out the final two years of this term and happily go away.

I think it's important to keep up the distinction between GOP that we disagree with on issues and people like Trump. I would never vote for Pence, would not be enthused having him as President for two years, but he isn't Trump and that alone would be an improvement. 

Normalizing Trump is the absolute worst thing that can happen in all of this.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

Rosenstein is expecting to get fired according to NBC. 

The full blown constitutional crisis everyone knew would could with Trump is here. 

**** the GOP and **** everyone who enabled this through apathy, cynicism and both sideism. 

This is the culmination of all of the GOPs dirty tactics over the past decade and we let it happen because voters in this country at dumb as bricks.

Edited by No Excuses

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think it's important to keep up the distinction between GOP that we disagree with on issues and people like Trump. I would never vote for Pence, would not be enthused having him as President for two years, but he isn't Trump and that alone would be an improvement. 

I dont know how you can separate the GOP with Trump. That's wild to me. They not only nominated him, they have protected him every step of the way, allowed his madness to spread to the lower ranks AND have adopted his crazy ass attitude. The GOP itself is a cancer and it has been for a long time. 

Maybe I'm reading you wrong here 

• Like 2

"Michael Cohen negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by top Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy."

This is Elliott Broidy...

1280x960-2.jpg?resize=720,470&quality=75

...That poor woman got shortchanged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

"Michael Cohen negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by top Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy."

This is Elliott Broidy...

...That poor woman got shortchanged.

What pisses me off is that Ill never have a playboy bunny and im about 45 times more attractive than that man and much better prepared if you know what im saying. 

• Like 2