Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

Also:  I seem to remember that there's a government shutdown scheduled for the 30th.  the "popcorn munching smiley" part of me has been having this fantasy.  I think Nancy needs to demand that and spending bill that goes through the House will contain some clauses:  \

One flaw with this plan is that the House already passed a short term funding bill.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/politics/house-spending-bill-avert-shutdown/index.html

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Question:  I've seen things that kinda imply that there's a law or something that whistleblower reports must go to Congress.  Can anybody confiem that there actually is such a law?  

From what has been explained to me, the inspector general should have taken the whistleblower claim directly to congress.  Instead he went to the DOJ, and Barr told him absolutely do not share this with congress, citing......absolutely nothing as precedence.   So yeah, another situation where institutions are being ignored. 

If the WSJ is saying it, then it isn't some source easily written off as another liberal media source saying it.

If true, will Republicans in senate finally show there is a bridge somewhere that is finally at long last, a bridge too far to go when supporting Trump.

1 minute ago, gbear said:

If the WSJ is saying it, then it isn't some source easily written off as another liberal media source saying it.

If true, will Republicans in senate finally show there is a bridge somewhere that is finally at long last, a bridge too far to go when supporting Trump.

I don't think so because they are now fully complicit, by supporting treasonous policies, accepting foreign campaign money, subverting the Constitution and breaking their oath of office. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gbear said:

90% chance his supporters will cite the passage in the WSJ article where the source said he didn't believe Trump offered any quid-pro-quo for Ukraine's help on that July 25th call, and say that that exonerates him. But that was only one call; the complaint apparently cites multiple things. So even if Trump didn't actually mention it specifically on that call, it doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned elsewhere.

That being said, Trump is actually somewhat good at being slippery when it comes to **** like that. As has been said before, he really acts more like a mob boss than a business owner. He'll say stuff like "You don't really want to do that, do you? With the things we talked about?" or "It would be a shame if something happened" instead of making a direct threat. He probably did the exact same with Ukraine. So I'd be surprised if he actually said out loud "I'll only give you the aid if you investigate and smear my political opponent for me". It's still going to be pretty damning.

However, the Republicans in the Senate will do nothing. Because this will not sway Trump's base at all. Zero. They'll actually turn it around and scream about Biden for hours instead; it will only embolden them. And he won't lose his Senate and House Republican enablers unless he loses his base. They're all terrified of his base because if they go against him they're likely to get primaried and booted, and all they care about is staying in power. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, gbear said:

Everyone should know the answer to this question by now. The entirety of the GOP is rotten to its core and its going to stay rotten until they are disembowled at the polls. Nothing will change until there are consequences. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

90% chance his supporters will cite the passage in the WSJ article where the source said he didn't believe Trump offered any quid-pro-quo for Ukraine's help on that July 25th call, and say that that exonerates him. But that was only one call; the complaint apparently cites multiple things. So even if Trump didn't actually mention it specifically on that call, it doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned elsewhere.

That being said, Trump is actually somewhat good at being slippery when it comes to **** like that. As has been said before, he really acts more like a mob boss than a business owner. He'll say stuff like "You don't really want to do that, do you? With the things we talked about?" or "It would be a shame if something happened" instead of making a direct threat. He probably did the exact same with Ukraine. So I'd be surprised if he actually said out loud "I'll only give you the aid if you investigate and smear my political opponent for me". It's still going to be pretty damning.

However, the Republicans in the Senate will do nothing. Because this will not sway Trump's base at all. Zero. They'll actually turn it around and scream about Biden for hours instead; it will only embolden them. And he won't lose his Senate and House Republican enablers unless he loses his base. They're all terrified of his base because if they go against him they're likely to get primaried and booted, and all they care about is staying in power. 

Once again, I feel that Trump is given too much credit for his "slipperyness". Trump has the strategy of a four year old, just keep lying and deny no matter what. It reminds me of those videos parents post of their kids with chocolate all over their faces and ask them if they ate the chocolate. The kid always says no, we all laugh and think its cute. Its not cute or funny with Trump, the GOP are bad parents.

• Like 4