Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?


Jumbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Honestly if this is true and the Dems do nothing whats the point in voting anymore? Either im voting for a group that wants to break the law and **** me sideways or im voting for a group who wont do anything to stop them. 

 

This is where I am currently also.  If the election were tomorrow, I don't think I'd even be motivated to vote at all.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 That’s horse****. What do you want them to do? Impeach Trump when you know that as soon as it reaches the Senate they will throw it out in about 10 minutes? Everyone knows damn well why they can’t impeach him and it’s because the GOP is completely corrupt. This idea that well I’m just going to sit at home because the party that is in control is so goddamn corrupt and the party that’s not in control is not in control and that makes them just as bad... it’s an absurd fallacy and dangerous as hell.  We are actually facing a legitimate crisis right now and the cause of it is the GOP. People need to vote. Trump needs to be defeated by votes and if he’s not, I’d much rather they keep the impeachment option in the war chest in case he happens to win reelection but the Dems gain control of both houses.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

Honestly if this is true and the Dems do nothing whats the point in voting anymore? Either im voting for a group that wants to break the law and **** me sideways or im voting for a group who wont do anything to stop them. 

 

Think of this way, the group that wants to **** you sideways has that ability because they beat you at the ballot box. They won, you lost.

 

If you want your group to have power, they have to win at the ballot box.

 

Your voting gives these people their power. (For arguments sake)

Edited by Mooka
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

 That’s horse****. What do you want them to do? Impeach Trump when you know that as soon as it reaches the Senate they will throw it out in about 10 minutes? Everyone knows damn well why they can’t impeach him and it’s because the GOP is completely corrupt. This idea that well I’m just going to sit at home because the party that is in control is so goddamn corrupt and the party that’s not in control is not in control and that makes them just as bad... it’s an absurd fallacy and dangerous as hell.  

I'm paraphrasing an old quote I used a while back.  "Some battles you fight not because you know you will win, but because you know it is right."

 

Also, going through impeachment proceedings will open up a whole 'nother treasure chest of his misdeeds (and probably some other GOP members) for us and the world to see.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Spelling
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part of my feelings on impeachment is, you force every single Republican to go on record, choosing between Party and Country.  

 

(Well, OK, in the Senate, it's a safe bet that Skippy makes sure there isn't a vote at all.  But then, that's a matter of record, too.)  

 

Make 'em sign their name to it  

 

Long as Nancy keeps things away from a vote, there's no record  The only person who's on record on the matter, is Nancy.  

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm paraphrasing an old quote I used a while back.  "Some battles you fight not because you know you will win, but because you know it is right."

 

Also, going through impeachment proceedings will open up a whole neither treasure chest of his misdeeds (and probably some other GOP members) for us and the world to see.

 

So then vote for the candidates fighting the good fight. 

 

137 House Dems are calling for impeachment hearings and nearly every Presidential candidate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mooka said:

 

So then vote for the candidates fighting the good fight. 

 

137 House Dems are calling for impeachment hearings and nearly every Presidential candidate.

 

Matt Gaetz is my Rep.  My vote ain't changing that.  Place is crazy as ****.

 

It's also a matter of motivating the voters.  What a party does (or doesn't do) has a huge impact in my opinion on voter turnout.  The Dems not even beginning an impeachment inquiry doesn't exactly get me excited to go vote for them.  

 

Honest question:  How many of the Dem candidates are going HARD at their own party for not starting impeachment inquiry yet?  If one is, I'd give them big props for doing so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm paraphrasing an old quote I used a while back.  "Some battles you fight not because you know you will win, but because you know it is right."

 

Also, going through impeachment proceedings will open up a whole neither treasure chest of his misdeeds (and probably some other GOP members) for us and the world to see.

Sun Tzu says, “if a battle cannot be won, do not fight it.” If you’re smart (I’m not sure the dems are), you can win in other ways without fighting. Vladimir Putin agrees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

 

Honest question:  How many of the Dem candidates are going HARD at their own party for not starting impeachment inquiry yet?  If one is, I'd give them big props for doing so.

 

Beto's gone the hardest i believe.

 

He also was pushing impeachment as part of his Senate platform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I think Warren has gone at the Dems in the House harder than anyone else. 

 

From what I have seen (and I admit it isn't a ton, mostly just what I see here), she calls our CONGRESS.  I'd like to see a candidate actually call out the DEMS since they are the ones with the power to start the process.

 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

 

Beto's gone the hardest i believe.

 

He also was pushing impeachment as part of his Senate platform.

 

I gotta be honest, I haven't paid a lot of attention to Beto.  Never really thought he had a chance anyways.  So you could be right here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Larry said:

Part of my feelings on impeachment is, you force every single Republican to go on record, choosing between Party and Country.  

 

(Well, OK, in the Senate, it's a safe bet that Skippy makes sure there isn't a vote at all.  But then, that's a matter of record, too.)  

 

Make 'em sign their name to it 

Well that’s a different take and more logical.  I can see being frustrated with the Dems for not pursuing impeachment if you see that as the best strategy for winning the election. The idea that not impeaching him is refusing to do anything though is wrong... they can’t do anything. There is no congressional remedy right now because the majority of the senate will choose party over and country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well that’s a different take and more logical.  I can see being frustrated with the Dems for not pursuing impeachment if you see that as the best strategy for winning the election. The idea that not impeaching him is refusing to do anything though is wrong... they can’t do anything. There is no congressional remedy right now because the majority of the senate will choose party over and country.

 

I suspect you're right.  

 

I want proof of it.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“IF this is true AND the dems do nothing”

 

Doing nothing here is not acceptable to me and it will cost them my vote if it goes down that way. I hold out hope that the dems step up to the plate here, but if they let him get away with this them being in power for 4 or 8 years means next to nothing knowing this can happen again and I plan to live another 50. 

 

They need to make sure this never happens again and if their objective is just to survive it then they do not serve my interests. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

They need to make sure this never happens again and if their objective is just to survive it then they do not serve my interests. 

 

The worst case scenario is doing. Nothing backfires so bad GOP gets the house back, might not be the next election but if Trump wins again I can see it as inevitable as voters finally start to check out and give up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well that’s a different take and more logical.  I can see being frustrated with the Dems for not pursuing impeachment if you see that as the best strategy for winning the election. The idea that not impeaching him is refusing to do anything though is wrong... they can’t do anything. There is no congressional remedy right now because the majority of the senate will choose party over and country.

 

Imo not impeaching really hurts 2020 enthusiasm for Dems and is a slap in the face to those that worked so hard to produce a blue wave in 2018. 

 

We did that to elect people that would hold Trump accountable. Why should anyone bust their ass again when no action is taken? I don’t care if the senate throws it out right away. Let that be on those Senate Rs, several of which are in tight Senate races that we need to win. Use it against them in 2020. 

 

Also, show your base that you’re willing to uphold the constitution and perform the check on the executive that you were elected to do. Congress is the sole authority to do this and it starts in the house. 

 

Another point is that impeachment procides the opportunity to further investigate Trump and find out who knows what else wading through these crime infested waters. 

 

Not to mention an acquittal in the senate fires up the Dem base even more than they were in 2018. We tried the other way and the corrupt Rs protected him. there is only one option now. Vote him and his cronies out. 

 

Impeachment is the way to to to go both morally and politically and I can’t blame someone for feeling discouraged that the Dems won’t proceed and hurting their enthusiasm for 2020. GreatBuzz doesn’t apply here since it’s just yet another qualifier for him finally voting Dem. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Doing nothing here is not acceptable to me and it will cost them my vote if it goes down that way.

 

Doing nothing on this 1 particular issue that is current headline news?

 

And that's on the entire Democratic party?

 

That's the type of short-sided thinking the right is banking on IMO

 

Are you talking to you GOP friends right now, telling them how corrupt they are? That they failed the American people or that you'll never vote for a Republican again? (Not a serious question, just making a point about marketing) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saying the dems should only fight the fights they can win means they shouldnt be passing anything while Mitch controls what comes to a vote. It also presumes the only win in the case of impeachment is one where Trump is removed by the Senate.  The hearings themselves are a win for the country that we might better understand what is actually going on inside this presidency.

 

Now I suspect it wont look good for the current inhabitant, but maybe I  am wrong. In any event, we, the public, benefit from the potential to make informed decisions.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

GreatBuzz doesn’t apply here since it’s just yet another qualifier for him finally voting Dem. 

Damn dude.  I LOVED your post until I got here.

 

Its whatever though.  I still believe we as a country are just ****ed.  Put whatever party or whatever people in whatever positions you want.  It won't fix the growing divide in our nation.  All that will happen is maybe a few people will get free college before we finally implode.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...