Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

This is really pretty bad too. Apparently, the White House knew that Flynn was being investigated on Turkey, but let him have the power to scuttle some Pentagon plans for Turkey's benefit.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article151149647.html

The decision came 10 days before Donald Trump had been sworn in as president, in a conversation with President Barack Obama’s national security adviser, Susan Rice, who had explained the Pentagon’s plan to retake the Islamic State’s de facto capital of Raqqa with Syrian Kurdish forces whom the Pentagon considered the U.S.’s most effective military partners. Obama’s national security team had decided to ask for Trump’s sign-off, since the plan would all but certainly be executed after Trump had become president.

Flynn didn’t hesitate. According to timelines distributed by members of Congress in the weeks since, Flynn told Rice to hold off, a move that would delay the military operation for months.

Edited by Burgold

53 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

They real trick is going to be keeping Flynn from being the patsy and drawing hard connections between what Trump knew and when he knew it...same with Pence.

I think that's what the immunity was supposed to be for that he didn't get.

I always have said, I'm perfectly fine with witch hunts when there's an actual witch that needs to be caught.

• Like 4

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: Says Putin pays Trump.

Speaker Paul Ryan: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

This week both Ryan and McCarthy denied this ever happened.... Before being confronted with a recording.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.44c18de12f6a

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:
First tweet almost seems like Trump is bragging. 

"Witch hunt"?! LoL Trump does remember that HE fired Yates and appointed Rosenstein right? When YOUR own Deptuty AG appoints a special counsel to investigate your campaign you no longer get to call it a witch hunt.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: Says Putin pays Trump.

Speaker Paul Ryan: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

This week both Ryan and McCarthy denied this ever happened.... Before being confronted with a recording.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.44c18de12f6a

Step 1) Ryan-McCarthy lie about the reported incindent...call it fiction.

Step 2) Ryan-McCarthy confronted with the transcript say it's fabricated.

Step 3) Ryan-McCarthy confronted with the audio recording say it was all just a joke.

Lies, lies, then oops it was a joke you can believe that one though.

I love how the reporters did this though, they gave Ryan-McCarthy the rope to hang themselves with. I bet BOTH of them are furiously trying to figure out who recorded that conversation.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

"Witch hunt"?! LoL Trump does remember that HE fired Yates and appointed Rosenstein right? When YOUR own Deptuty AG appoints a special counsel to investigate your campaign you no longer get to call it a witch hunt.

He was also one of the main guys in the Kenya witch hunt. It's pretty preposterous. Benghazi was a pretty damn ridiculous witch hunt too. Moreso, after the people behind it admitted they knew there was no meat, but were just doing it for political purposes.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Step 1) Ryan-McCarthy lie about the reported incindent...call it fiction.

Step 2) Ryan-McCarthy confronted with the transcript say it's fabricated.

Step 3) Ryan-McCarthy confronted with the audio recording say it was all just a joke.

Lies, lies, then oops it was a joke you can believe that one though.

I love how the reporters did this though, they gave Ryan-McCarthy the rope to hang themselves with. I bet BOTH of them are furiously trying to figure out who recorded that conversation.

Yeah. If it is discovered that Trump really is in cahoots and needs to be booted. They should be too. Mind you, it'll never happen, but they may be at least accomplices in hiding this kind of information. Could it be a joke? I suppose it's possible, but the line about family and keeping things in-house makes me doubt it.

• Like 1

What do ya'll think Flynn or Trump are guilty of?

we have had Comey, Rosenstien and McCabe testify to congess there has been no interference in the investigation...and all three testified after the Comey meeting with Trump.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

What do ya'll think Flynn or Trump are guilty of?

Flynn is clearly guilty of not disclosing he was a paid agent of a foreign government (Turkey) while working in a national security post. Pretty cut and dry...though I don't doubt that you sophisticated bot program will come up with some snarky retort that deflects/ignores that. Trump has certainly violated the emoluments clause repeatedly.  And then there's obstruction of justice and all that other fun stuff.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Bit rich coming from the father of the birther movement...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Flynn (at the very least) delayed a military action and was paid for it by Turkey.

Try to follow along.:807:

You seem confused ...perhaps more coffee and less MSNBC. :)

The two were not linked by any reputable evidence I have seen.

Flynn did make some reporting errors

7 minutes ago, twa said:

You seem confused ...perhaps more coffee and less MSNBC. :)

The two were not linked by any reputable evidence I have seen.

Flynn did make some reporting errors

Not connected? I pay you a large sum of money and you scuttle plans favorable to me. Nah, I don't see any connection whatsoever. 

• Like 3

"Reporting errors" :rofl89:

So that's what we're calling failure to disclose being a paid agent for foreign governments these days. Because before it was called treason. 

As for what is Trump guilty of? What did he know? And when did he know it?

Anymore I'm beginning to subscribe that Trump is just too incompetent to recognize the level of his own incompetence. But incompetence isn't a legal defense.

• Like 2

Part of me wonders if the timing of this is such that Republicans won't feel any real pressure in 2018. If this runaway train gets going as rapidly as it looks like it could, the worst of this could be in the rearview mirror by election time. 

Lots of districts have been safe red for a long time. Instead of flipping, I can imagine those areas voting for a new Republican candidate who runs on being free of corruption. Win-win for the GOP, who get to ride the Trump wave and then pretend it never happened, laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Like 2