Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your strongest political conviction?

Springfield

What is the ONE thing that you believe above all else?

Me personally, I believe that all US citizens should receive health care paid for by the state.  Pay nothing for doctors visits, prescription medication, surgery, mental health, all that.  Of course "pay nothing" means it's made up for in taxes, but I believe that we can find the money in there somewhere.

Just now, Burgold said:

I can dig opportunity for everyone as that entails voting freedom, economics, civil rights, inalienable liberties, justice, etc.

And even things like common core, and taking away education of our nations young people from local yokel backwoods morons  A child born in Martinsburg WV should be provided the same curriculum as a child born in Manhattan or a child born in Omaha.

But most importantly, economic equality is the biggest hurdle we have to overcome as a society.  Where would Donald Trump be if he were born in a trailer park?  Your economic destiny in this country is determined by which vagina you come out of more than any other factor.  

Great question Springfield, and you're gonna make me do some soul searching because of it.  

Healthcare is hugely important.  Yet people are still going to eat like crap, and generally treat their bodies poorly under universal healthcare. 

Education is a really important to me as well.  Yet poor parenting can/will still drag down a kid's chance at a good education even if they have access.  

I strongly believe that voter suppression is a grievous sin... yet an uninformed population can hardly be expected to make good choices.  

I loathe the oligarchical bent of our government as well as the massive economic divide/imbalance.  

I guess what I'm thinking is that so much boils down to things beyond politics.  I wish I could articulate my feelings better, but basically I think that our society needs to figure out ways to become more tolerant, more inclusive, and more understanding.  We need to figure out a way to change the culture around unwanted pregnancy, education, addiction, mental health, economic status, consumerism, and on and on.   

I guess if I had to use one word to describe what I want in a politician, it'd probably be decency.  

That's not what you're asking though, so I'm off to ponder a bit more.  Sorry for the rambling non-answer.  

Im gonna also agree with the universal health care. 

We already have it because nobody gets turned away at the e.r. its just a matter of how its paid for and i see no valid purpose of having middle men (insurance companies) siphoning off billions that could be going to health care.

Also the middle class is far too burdened at this point, we need single payer so that everyone who pays taxes contributes not just those with insurance and the means to pay ridiculous deductibles. 

A close second is the right to collectively bargain. 

With the wealth gap we have currently the last thing we need right now is to weaken unions, they are the backbone of middle class wages, if we lose them everybody will suffer i promise.

This so called right to work, which is really just a cleverly named union busting tactic is unfortunately spreading across the country and needs to be stopped.

If you dont like your wages and benefits dont be jealous of mine, organize and fight for your own and i promise ill be there right behind you with full support.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

But most importantly, economic equality is the biggest hurdle we have to overcome as a society.  Where would Donald Trump be if he were born in a trailer park?  Your economic destiny in this country is determined by which vagina you come out of more than any other factor.  

The problem is people born to money are damn sure it's their brilliance is the catalyst for their riches. They think the problem with poor people is they are lazy and don't work as hard as the wealthy. They all live off the state. 

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That guns should be banned. Straight up just take them all away. 2nd amendment is obsolete and no longer really applies in the modern world.

Really?

Im not a gun guy but im also not for a ban.

Ive fired guns before and i used to own a shotgun but that was a long time ago.

I don't want an argument but i am curious about a few things.

First off what about hunting, do you not believe people have the right to hunt?

And what about home protection i would think people should have the right to protect their homes and families especially considering like all other illegal things you'll never get rid of them all.

A full out ban seems very extreme to me but you have a right to that opinion certainly. 

26 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

The problem is people born to money are damn sure it's their brilliance is the catalyst for their riches. They think the problem with poor people is they are lazy and don't work as hard as the wealthy. They all live off the state. 

Yes, this 100 percent

40 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Really?

Im not a gun guy but im also not for a ban.

Ive fired guns before and i used to own a shotgun but that was a long time ago.

I don't want an argument but i am curious about a few things.

And what about home protection i would think people should have the right to protect their homes and families especially considering like all other illegal things you'll never get rid of them all.

A full out ban seems very extreme to me but you have a right to that opinion certainly. 

For hunting...I don't know rent a hunting rifle on a designated hunting area or something along those lines.

I mean look at the European countries that have very strict gun laws, there is almost zero gun violence.

The obsession with guns in this country is ridiculous. The rest of the world laughs at us.

Tough to pick one but for me it starts with the Environment and Clean Energy. Then the list starts to get long... Health Care, Civil/Human Rights/Equality, Education, Criminal Justice Reform, Reforming Drug Laws, Campaign Finance Reform, Reducing Military Spending, Strengthening Corporate/Wall Street Regulations, and Gun Control are all incredibly important to me.

38 minutes ago, redskinss said:

As far as home defense goes there are plenty of non lethal alternatives available in the twenty first century. :chair:

The second amendment isn't going anywhere anytime soon though. Which is a shame IMO. What I'd be in favor of is getting rid of pretty much every firearm except for hunting rifles and shotguns for home defense. That's not going to happen either though.

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The obsession with guns in this country is ridiculous. The rest of the world laughs at us.

And we laugh at them also about some of the things they do. I personally don't give a crap what the rest of the world thinks about us. 

Nor should they care what we think. 

I wish we would start taking care of us first. This country has a lot of things that we could work on, tweak, or fix. If we don't start with us, we will never be Great Again. We are already great. 

Necessities, both traditional and modern, should be provided for cheaply or free of charge.

The technology and resources exist such that no human need go without water, food, shelter, clothing, electricity, indoor plumbing, healthcare, and means of societal interaction (internet, from which extends phones through VoIP as well).

Archived