Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs Josh Norman's Ex Girlfriend

TK

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Tolbert seems an inch shorter and 10 pounds heavier every time I see him.  I wonder if going sans a FB was a wise move for us. Our 3rd/4th TEs literally do nothing. Meanwhile, Tolbert is wreaking havoc on our poor DBs having to deal with that load at full speed.

Yeah, we could use a good fullback. Is D. Young even in the league?

9 hours ago, s0crates said:

It was a bad block by Davis, but that fumble was on Kirk too.

The only turnover on Kirk was the INT. The fumble was on Vernon. He's gotta make that block. It's not like Kirk saw the pressure coming and tried to beat it, it was on his blindside and he was a tenth of a second from his arm moving forward equaling an incomplete pass.

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Tolbert seems an inch shorter and 10 pounds heavier every time I see him.  I wonder if going sans a FB was a wise move for us. Our 3rd/4th TEs literally do nothing. Meanwhile, Tolbert is wreaking havoc on our poor DBs having to deal with that load at full speed.

I remember when I had Tolbert on my fantasy team back when he was with the Chargers.

Man, did I suck at fantasy football back then. :ols:

18 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

The game was over the second Gruden decided it would be a good idea to defer the opening kickoff for the third straight week.

Ha!  It's worse than that.  This game was over when the NFL scheduled it on a Monday night!

9 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

In these big games where Kirk isn't sharp, the ball comes out of his hand funny and different. The throws are sailing and slow. Very erratic too. 

Actually I think that was more a case of the cold.  The ball gets slick on a cold day.  Kirk may want to consider using gloves on cold days so he can get more friction from the fingers (Brady does).  I'm thinking the cold is also why receivers had trouble hanging on to the ball; on both teams. 

9 hours ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Gruden is not making me feel encouraged.  Answering most questions with "I don't know". :blink:

Coach speak.  He knows but he doesn't want to chastise his players in public.  That never works well.  No one likes for their boss to embarrass them in front of others.  That only leads to resentment.  Do it in private and if the player can learn from his mistakes then you'll have a good player instead of a bitter employee. 

12 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Actually I think that was more a case of the cold.  The ball gets slick on a cold day.  Kirk may want to consider using gloves on cold days so he can get more friction from the fingers (Brady does).  I'm thinking the cold is also why receivers had trouble hanging on to the ball; on both teams. 

It was the same thing in the Pittsburgh game and it was plenty warm.  Last night was not an isolated incident.  It's been a common theme from his poor outings. 

And from a football standpoint, last night was not that cold.

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

If Mara thought could get away with it, he would schedule the Redskins to play every Monday night. :) 

He got us scheduled for two short week games.  Vs Chicago this week and vs the Cards earlier.  No doubt in my mind it was him!

The truth is out there! 

3 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

He got us scheduled for two short week games.  Vs Chicago this week and vs the Cards earlier.  No doubt in my mind it was him!

The truth is out there! 

Umm against the cardinals? You DO know we had 10 days to prepare for that game right? Did you mean the cowboys game on thanksgiving? 

1 minute ago, CBass1724 said:

It was the same thing in the Pittsburgh game and it was plenty warm.  Last night was not an isolated incident.  It's been a common theme from his poor outings. 

Pittsburgh dropped 8 almost the entire game.  When a defense drops like that then you have to be able to run the ball.  We couldn't against Pittsburgh and couldn't run against the Panthers last night.  Not even when we had the numbers.  I hate to admit this but our Oline is not a good run blocking line.  The problem is more than just left guard.  We used to be able to compensate with a healthy Reed.  He was a mismatch over the middle and was enough of a threat to keep LB's and the Strong Safety playing honest.  But last night he was just a decoy and the panthers figured that out quickly.  Should have been on the bench really. 

The only way Kirk was going to find room to throw vs Pittsburgh or Carolina was to make the LB's creep up to stop the run.  When they can drop into coverage it makes for very tight windows.  And when your receivers have a case of the dropsies it makes for a bad night. (Yet Kirk still threw for over 300 yards and should have had a TD to Davis - on a bad night!)  Davis was horrible!  He dropped an easy TD that fatty mcTolbert scored on.  Same china concept.  Garcon dropped a key ball. DJax jumped (for some inexplicable reason) and dropped a first down.  Sure, Kirk missed a couple of throws but it's not all on him. 

Luavao has got to go.  And I'm not sure that Moses is the answer.  He is a good pass protector but he doesn't beat people up.  We also need an inline TE that can block and catch.  All our TE's are lightweight and are mediocre at blocking.  I also thought Callahan was some genius run blocking guru.  Dallass looks pretty good running the ball and we don't look so hot right now.  If the running game doesn't get going expect the Bears to just copy Carolina's scheme. 

Kirk was not the reason the offense wasn't good enough last night.  He was a factor but not even close to the primary reason.  We have to be able to run the ball!

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Umm against the cardinals? You DO know we had 10 days to prepare for that game right? Did you mean the cowboys game on thanksgiving? 

Crap, thanks for that.  The mods should have me in the concussion protocol for that mistake.  Being a Redskins fan is making me punch drunk!

22 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Doesn't have to be really cold.  It was cold enough that there was no sweat on Kirk's fingers.  You need a little of that to help grip a leather ball.  Joey T used to lick his fingers before every pass lol.  I explained what the deal was with Pittsburgh.  No windows to throw in and we couldn't stop a 3 or 4 man rush in that game!

D wasn't great, but if you'd told me going in that we'd hold them to 26 points, I'd have liked our chances. Stupid pass catchers screwing up. Please get fully healthy, Reed! I wish Gruden had challenged that Garcon incompletion on the sidelines.

We still have a shot at the playoffs. It's basically the same conditions that existed going into this weekend: win out and hope that TB, ATL, or NYG lose at least one (specifically next week's game, in the case if the NYG) of their remaining games.

38 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Doesn't have to be really cold.  It was cold enough that there was no sweat on Kirk's fingers.  You need a little of that to help grip a leather ball.  Joey T used to lick his fingers before every pass lol.  I explained what the deal was with Pittsburgh.  No windows to throw in and we couldn't stop a 3 or 4 man rush in that game!

You're not listening to what I'm saying.  The ball comes out of his hand differently in his bad games.  It's like he loses his release point or is just too uncomfortable to step and throw into it in a normal manner.  So when the ball comes out of his hands, it's totally different.  This is nothing scheme related and I'm just talking about his release of the ball.  I'm not disagreeing with your analysis of the game itself.

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Never said they were good. But they were good enough. Off gave CA 10 pts! D kept them to 16. Off had almost as many 3 and outs as they have had all year. People can keep complaining about the D, but it's not the right place to be pissed.

But then again, Carolina pissed away at least 10 points with Cam's stupid personal foul call and Ted Ginn's wide-open drop where no one was around him...

The offense is allowed a bad game, in my opinion, they have been very, very good, despite some glaring deficiencies at LG and C, suspended Williams, injuries to Reed, and a mediocre at best running game. And make no mistake, they were terrible. I am not saying this game was not their fault, or they didn't have a part to play in it. They **** the bed too.

But the Carolina offense was a mess, at best. Their line is terrible, Stewart is awful, Cam is a mess. And our defense was terrible from the get-go. The opening drive they gave up 50 yrds on 2 plays. That was the best game Cam has had since Week 2 against the train wreck 9ers. He hadn't completed over 48% of his passes in a month. That was Jonathan Stewart's 1st 100 yrd game since Nov 22, 2015...also against us.

You're absolutely right--they got no help from the offense. But they did not play well either. They made one play--a 3rd down sack. And this is a common refrain all season. So while the offense was an issue this game, the defense has been an issue all season--be it lack of talent, poor coaching, or both.

35 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I'm not blaming anything on Kirk.  He played bad, that's all.  But the ball coming out of his hands differently is a common theme from his bad games.  He definitely had plenty of drops last night, but don't pretend he was sharp, either. 

I think Kirk still gets rattled easily and has a hard time getting over it. He has gotten a bit better at getting over mistakes but there are certain things he still can't seem to deal with well. I agree with you about his release and balls sailing or dropping when he's rattled...it does look much different than when he's sharp and in rhythm. He also doesn't seem to do very well when good defenses disguise their looks (like on that awful INT where the safety was just sitting and waiting for that throw). Now, that's the whole purpose of disguising your looks but elite QBs figure out what they're doing and adapt and dissect that stuff. Kirk can seem a bit robotic at times and once he gets put off of that (like with complex/disguised coverages) he doesn't adapt all that well.

IMO if Kirk wants to get paid top 5 QB money he needs to start playing like a top 5 QB...and that doesn't mean top 5 in passing yards between the 20s or completion percentage. It means dealing with things like complex defensive changes, getting pressured/rattled and getting over it quickly, being efficient in the red zone, and being able to put the team on his back and be clutch in prime time/must win games. He simply hasn't shown that stuff consistently. Now, some of that is on playcalling/coaching, but that excuse is only going to get you so far. Kirk consistently looks tentative and indecisive in the red zone (like all of those ridiculous panicky backpedals he kept doing over and over in the red zone last night). Not sure exactly what the issue is but he needs to figure it out.

Unfortunately what I think doesn't matter and we'll probably be forced to pay him top 5 money even if he isn't an elite QB. The Ravens got into the same predicament with Flacco...good but not elite QB but they didn't have much choice and the market dictates the price for any decent QB.

27 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

The crowd last night was embarrassing. No cheering or getting loud when the D was on the field. No body cheered when Dunbar got up from being injured and walked to the sideline. Very low energy, empty seats, plenty of panther fans. 

What do you expect? They probably had the same feeling that many of us had...that we would **** the bed ONCE AGAIN on prime time and be awful. And they were right.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

But then again, Carolina pissed away at least 10 points with Cam's stupid personal foul call and Ted Ginn's wide-open drop where no one was around him...

The offense is allowed a bad game, in my opinion, they have been very, very good, despite some glaring deficiencies at LG and C, suspended Williams, injuries to Reed, and a mediocre at best running game. And make no mistake, they were terrible. I am not saying this game was not their fault, or they didn't have a part to play in it. They **** the bed too.

But the Carolina offense was a mess, at best. Their line is terrible, Stewart is awful, Cam is a mess. And our defense was terrible from the get-go. The opening drive they gave up 50 yrds on 2 plays. That was the best game Cam has had since Week 2 against the train wreck 9ers. He hadn't completed over 48% of his passes in a month. That was Jonathan Stewart's 1st 100 yrd game since Nov 22, 2015...also against us.

You're absolutely right--they got no help from the offense. But they did not play well either. They made one play--a 3rd down sack. And this is a common refrain all season. So while the offense was an issue this game, the defense has been an issue all season--be it lack of talent, poor coaching, or both.

I don't totally disagree. The defense was not great by any means. And they are clearly the weakest unit - not denying that. But to say they only made one play is not really accurate either. After the interception - they stopped Carolina for a FG, then had 2 straight stops. In fact, after that FG, the Def only gave up 6 pts. The TD is on the Off. You can't give a team the ball at the 1 and expect them not to score.

We all know how the season has gone. And yes, the Off is allowed a bad game. But they have not really been good since the GB game. With our poor D, the Off has to play well to win. It would be nice to be able to rely on the D when the Off comes up short. But it's just not that good.

But more to my point, we finally got a good enough (not good, but good enough) play to win if the Off just played average. Instead they laid a big fat egg - with Kirk leading the way in poor play. And this is not the only poor game - Pitts, Det, Balt, and really last week against Philly. Four games in a row, the Off has not scored 10 pts in the first half.

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

The game was over the second Gruden decided it would be a good idea to defer the opening kickoff for the third straight week.

I would still defer. As bad as we played in the 1st half, we still had the game in our grasp at the beginning of the 2nd. 

IMO, it's so much more important to get the ball in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

I would still defer. As bad as we played in the 1st half, we still had the game in our grasp at the beginning of the 2nd. 

IMO, it's so much more important to get the ball in the 2nd.

Not when it demoralizes your offense and puts them in a hole before they can even get on the field.

Whole offense was playing tight and not to make a mistake because we were in catch up mode the entire game.

Being down that early makes Gruden more likely to abandon the run game, Cousins more likely to force throws to try and overcome the deficit, and receivers more likely to drop easy passes because they're worried about getting downfield before securing the catch.

Just seem like an inexcuseable example of making it harder on our team than it needs to be.  Play to your strengths, don't negate it by putting them down by a touchdown for 3 straight weeks.  Gotta get rid of the self imposed road blocks and gameplan smarter.  Can't beat anyone else until we stop beating ourselves.

Having woken up at 2am as they led 10-3 and had goal to go, to the point we gave away 7 right at the start of the second half....at which point we were clearly done....I missed the remainder of the game. Having just caught up with the rest, ugly is the best word I can find to use. 

I don't nessecarily think it tells us a great deal more other than that's where we are right now. Some good, some outright crap, some neither here nor there.

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I don't totally disagree. The defense was not great by any means. And they are clearly the weakest unit - not denying that. But to say they only made one play is not really accurate either. After the interception - they stopped Carolina for a FG, then had 2 straight stops. In fact, after that FG, the Def only gave up 6 pts. The TD is on the Off. You can't give a team the ball at the 1 and expect them not to score.

We all know how the season has gone. And yes, the Off is allowed a bad game. But they have not really been good since the GB game. With our poor D, the Off has to play well to win. It would be nice to be able to rely on the D when the Off comes up short. But it's just not that good.

But more to my point, we finally got a good enough (not good, but good enough) play to win if the Off just played average. Instead they laid a big fat egg - with Kirk leading the way in poor play. And this is not the only poor game - Pitts, Det, Balt, and really last week against Philly. Four games in a row, the Off has not scored 10 pts in the first half.

You really can't disagree with any of it. D was terrible. And for a change, O was terrible too. Coming as flat as they did on both sides of the ball in basically a must win game, that has to be on the coaches. All of them.

Archived