Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enemy Panther Fan Here - Ask Me Anything!

SamMills51

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wow based on the OP we shouldn't even bother showing up, the Panthers are just loaded with Hall of Famers

Haha I'm just stating our positives. We do have holes, but I truly believe we don't have much.

Safeties in general need an upgrade

Oline will be suspect. I think Cam gets sacked a bit, and he doesn't seem to run as much anymore or scramble.

WRs don't have a number 1 as of now. Funchess seems like our best, but he doesn't get that much looks sadly under Shula's system. Ginn is a speedster, but with the low amount of time Cam gets nowadays he doesn't have as much big plays anymore.

I highly doubt Luke comes back this season much less this game.  It is VERY likely the Pnathers will be eliminated from the playoffs after the Sunday slate of games.  I'm guessing an IR announcement for Luke happens Monday morning.  No reason to risk it 

Welcome to Extreme Skins, credit where it's due pretty gutsy to come on this forum and say what you did here. I read your long post and my take from it was that it's clear you are a homer and apologetic about your team going from the Superbowl to being 3 games under 500 with 3 to play and you don't mind talking aggressively to a teams fans who are 2 games over 500 themselves. You seem very sure of your team this game. Now with that said some questions for you Sir since you said ask anything right?

1. How much did you miss Josh Norman this season after your Defense crumbled and got shredded by everyone this year and you haven't found a replacement for him yet? Was that the right move to dump him like your team did?

2. The last time your team went on the road they were beat down 40-7 to the Seahawks, the Redskins have lost a single home game in our last 5 home games. Were you aware of that? Do you think this matters much home road splits?

3. What was it like for you as a fan when you learned your head coach pulled a college move on your MVP QB and benched him for dress code violation? Do you still believe in Ron Rivera or has he completely lost control of this team?

4. With a road record of 1-5 on the season you seem very confident that the Panthers will win this week. Why? That record is trash and you guys have lost your last two games by a combined score of 75-39 on the road, I honesty don't understand how any one can feel confident about the Panthers this week. In fact I'd venture to guess that your team could go full tank mode this week and every week after this season for a variety of reasons. One see question 3, Two they aren't making the playoffs, Three they need higher draft picks. Do you think they will tank the rest of the season and when they do are you okay with your team doing that?

5. What happened to Kelvin Benjamin this year? Hell what happened to the promising future of Devin Funchess this year? Both players completely disappointed this year, do you still believe in those guys or did you give up on them? Also why did Greg Olsen only have more then 50 receiving yards once in his last 7 games? What happened to that guy? Do you think it's coaching or those guys are just trash now?

I'm sure I will want to ask you more but will wait for your replies. Remember when you walk into a Lions Den and start shouting you tend to wake up the beasts. While I do agree with you that I hope for no injuries, I mean when Luke went down I felt like crying he looked so pitiful out there I felt bad for his family, so we aren't completely out of sync here. Good luck to you, just don't take the beating too badly. You always have next year

56 minutes ago, BigHuv21 said:

I highly doubt Luke comes back this season much less this game.  It is VERY likely the Pnathers will be eliminated from the playoffs after the Sunday slate of games.  I'm guessing an IR announcement for Luke happens Monday morning.  No reason to risk it 

Though I completely agree that no risks should be taken, once he's better he's better right? I would assume that they certainly wouldn't rush him back, but I'm not sure you really benefit from sitting out games when you're 100%. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just FYI, I believe it's come out that Cam was NOT benched for dress code. That was "keep it in house" speak. I'll let you look into that more 

What was real reason? Only thing I could find was it was tie was straw that broke camels back with cam because he thinks he is above the law.

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Haha I really think our defense is underrated. You watch the games, and it's not the corners that are our problems in the secondary. Our safeties honestly are the problem without Harper's leadership, but they've really been gelling recently. Don't be surprised to see them ball out.

Well our defense is led by the great Joe Berry so watch out. But in all seriousness we are fourth in sacks with 34, that's with the worst 3rd down conversion % defense ever. So pressure should be put on cam with a banged up O line.

I'm honestly more scared of y'alls offense finding rhythm vs our defense than anything. The cardinals and Vikings are both very good defenses and the Skins faired well vs them and I think the Redskins will be prepared to attack the Panthers secondary. Dink and dunk y'all to death.

54 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just FYI, I believe it's come out that Cam was NOT benched for dress code. That was "keep it in house" speak. I'll let you look into that more 

Very very curious to see another take on that benching as this has to be the dumbest thing these eyes have seen in the NFL since I can remember. Benching your teams MVP for not wearing a tie. College coaches were nodding in agreement, Pro coaches were laughing there asses off about this.

http://deadspin.com/cam-newton-was-benched-for-not-wearing-a-tie-1789682669

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/5/13840440/cam-newton-benched-not-wearing-tie-dress-code-panthers-seahawks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/12/05/cam-newton-says-he-was-benched-for-not-wearing-a-tie-while-traveling/

The official story has been benched for dress code violation, what are you hearing?

13 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Hey! Panther fan here

Hey, yeah I got a couple of questions for you......How old are you? Are you from the Carolinas?....Do you remember when the Carolinas were Redskins Country?...Do you miss Norman?...What's the circumference of Jupiter?... How many hours are in a mile?... Is yellow square or round?...What...is your name? What...is your quest? What...is your favorite color?... Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right?..Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?....BTW, I loved me some Sam Mills!! I think you could make a case for Mills being in the HoF...Died way too early...HTTR!!!

giphy.gif

Panthers have had a down year, but I look at them more like the Cardinals then your typical bad team.  It's not like they have an awful roster that is incapable of competing.  Some things have gone wrong, some bounces have gone the wrong way etc etc....they did get walloped by Seattle, but then also were on the verge of beating the Raiders in Oakland.

I do believe the 'Skins should win this game, but it is going to be close and hard fought and for my long term health I do not want to see the ball in Cam's hands with under 2 minutes to play and a chance to win the game.

It sounds like the team should be better than 5-8!  

-Our front seven is deadly

-Star is a beast.

-Our LBs are hands down the best in the league

-Bradberry is a stud

-Norwell ar LG; beast honestly

-all pro center Kalil

-ro bowl right guard at RT

but in all seriousness, lose to get the better draft pick, and let the skins win! :)

I always love these "Let me tell you how awesome my team is and why they're going to kick your ass" threads... Especially when we win and they disappear (or the creepy Packer guy who seemed to be attempting to convince us that we didn't suck. AFTER. we handled GB

Reminds me of that RamsRams guy that always loved to tell us how awesome all the RG3 picks were, and how St Lou... I mean Los Angeles, was on the rise. Aaaaand now most of those picks suck complete ass or are off the team, or both, and he doesn't have a team anymore. 

Always a good read.

Archived