Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enemy Panther Fan Here - Ask Me Anything!

SamMills51

LMAO ... this is from the first post in that thread on the Panthers board.

Beating the Redskins will prove to the league this team is better off without Norman

Like how can anyone think that is even remotely true?  That comment alone makes me not want to even read anything else past that.  That's like saying the Redskins are better off when Trent Williams was suspended.  

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LMAO ... this is from the first post in that thread on the Panthers board.

Like how can anyone think that is even remotely true?  That comment alone makes me not want to even read anything else past that.  That's like saying the Redskins are better off when Trent Williams was suspended.  

Did you happen to see the post/thread here about not playing him when he came back from suspension?

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Did you happen to see the post/thread here about not playing him when he came back from suspension?

Yeah, and all they've been talking about on the radio too is about how they should bring him back at guard.  

Yeah, let's take who is arguably the #1 tackle in the NFL and move him to guard.  That sounds like a solid plan!

Listening to some of the talk radio on the way home from work, specifically Chad and Russel, has started to get a little bothersome and annoying.  From this talk to the constant chatter about how the Redskins shouldn't sign Cousins at the current market rate, it's kind of painful sometimes.  But I flip back/forth between the 2 stations.

Just now, purbeast said:

Yeah, and all they've been talking about on the radio too is about how they should bring him back at guard.  

Yeah, let's take who is arguably the #1 tackle in the NFL and move him to guard.  That sounds like a solid plan!

Listening to some of the talk radio on the way home from work, specifically Chad and Russel, has started to get a little bothersome and annoying.  From this talk to the constant chatter about how the Redskins shouldn't sign Cousins at the current market rate, it's kind of painful sometimes.  But I flip back/forth between the 2 stations.

Yeah, I wonder how much the radio guys really feel the way that they do, similar to the dumbass Hot Take shows on ESPN and Fox 1 with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe, one just has to take a point and the other has to take the counter to keep things interesting or else there's no conversation/debate.  I mean talking for minutes on end non stop about sports is exhausting and coming up with new content all the time is hard.  But then again, we're talking about them here.  

Also Sam Mills was an amazing dude and his ending very sad and moving. But he was also an awesome New Orleans Saint before he ever coined your team's catch phrase "keep pounding".

#Dome patrol

For skins fans, can you imagine a statue of Deion outside of our stadium? Or his last words being our teams motto for eternity...

Low blow-ish only due again to the fact that Sam Mills was a bad ass human being.

Also wanted to add that to be fair that he obviously never played against carolina. But still.

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

EDIT: Removed monty Python Old Man at Bridge 

Guard: Who goes there?

King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!

Guard: Pull the other one!

King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.

Guard: What? Ridden on a horse?

King Arthur: Yes!

Guard: You're using coconuts!

King Arthur: What?

Guard: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.

King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...

Guard: Where'd you get the coconuts?

King Arthur: We found them.

Guard: Found them? In Mercia?! The coconut's tropical!

King Arthur: What do you mean?

Guard: Well, this is a temperate zone.

King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

Guard: Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.

Guard: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!

Guard: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?

Guard: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

King Arthur: Please!

Guard: Am I right?

It has been determined that the airspeed velocity of a European unladen swallow is about 24 miles per hour, or 11 meters per second. The real question is what is the airspeed velocity of an African unladen swallow, you need to know these things if you are King you know. ;)

On December 14, 2016 at 9:25 AM, SamMills51 said:

2.) Redskins sure like showing up around here, but I feel we have a much stronger Panther fanbase personally. ;)

This is laughable!  I am a Redskins Fan who's been living in NC for over 10 years and my experience with Panther Fans been laughable and annoyed.  Seems like to me Panther Fans are hidden (closet fans), half don't have any panther attire on, all of them cheer when something good happens, but half of them route for another NFL team all together.  Its easy to say that Panther Fans are confusing.    I can't count how many times I have said, "WHO THE F IS THAT GUY" out loud because the person is literally watching an entirely different football game with zero NFL gear on and then cheers (in addition to all the others masked within the crowd) when the small amount of Panther Fans that actually have some sort of gear on whose watching the game get loud (My girl has to tell me to stop all the time).  Now its pretty easy for "any" type of Carolina Fan to cheer because the game is always on the big screen at a bar or restaurant.  Redskins were on TV when Carolina first started playing football.  Then I remember all my friends and fans infatuation over DEL HO ME, with every step closer to the Super Bowl the Panthers blew it or choked.  Panther Fans still think their team is some sort of legacy.  Then enter CAM THE SCAM, and with every win last year one could go to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts.  With every Panthers game on TV that took the place of redskins increased the level of hate per weekend over the years.  Now its 2016 and the same fans think CAM THE SCAM sucks, its a never ending roller coaster with dumbfounded Panther Fans.  New panther Fans coming out of the woodwork to the same fans who leave the bar or restaurant because their team didn't make a good play or they are behind in the game. Thats the same fan one wouldn't even know was a Carolina Fan had you not known that person been cheering for them in the first place.  

I said;  "you don't want to be undefeated" going into the playoffs

Who won the Super Bowl MVP last year?  Did the Broncos have a good offense I can't remember.

Have fun routing for a team thats a toddler in comparison. 

I love the better fan debate. Seems like a staple of small market and expansion teams

lets debate which team has cooler uniforms. Is there a better mascot for Cam than "panther"?  Maybe the 1980s Buccaneer. 

Next, let's debate which city is better, Charlotte or DC. That one is always fun too

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

I love the better fan debate. Seems like a staple of small market and expansion teams

lets debate which team has cooler uniforms. Is there a better mascot for Cam than "panther"?  Maybe the 1980s Buccaneer. 

Next, let's debate which city is better, Charlotte or DC. That one is always fun too

I know I'm in the minority...maybe the only one in the country but I like the ol' Errol Flynn swashbuckler  better than their unies now...I like the ol Pats unies better too...n' the ol' Oilers better than the Texans...

Just now, Stefanskins said:

I know I'm in the minority...maybe the only one in the country but I like the ol' Errol Flynn swashbuckler  better than their unies now...I like the ol Pats unies better too...n' the ol' Oilers better than the Texans...

I love the Panther sound effect every time Carolina makes a big play. Does everyone in the stands simultaneously claw the air and hiss?

i need to get to a game there

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Rattlesnake88 said:

Well our defense is led by the great Joe Berry so watch out. But in all seriousness we are fourth in sacks with 34, that's with the worst 3rd down conversion % defense ever. So pressure should be put on cam with a banged up O line.

I'm honestly more scared of y'alls offense finding rhythm vs our defense than anything. 

I have a feeling this will be a high scoring shootout.  The Skins O is going to shred The Panthers D because they're that good.  Carolina's O is going to have a field day with Washington's D because they're that bad.

I lived in NC just a few years ago. I have a coworker that went to a Cowboys / Panthers game wearing a Jake Delhomme jersey. The Panthers were having a better season at the time. At half time the Cowboys were winning and he removed his Delholmme jersey and revealed his Emmit Smith jersey. He epitomizes type of fan I expect to see when I see someone older than 25 wearing a Panthers jersey. 

1 hour ago, amm0409 said:

...  Panther Fans still think their team is some sort of legacy...

Legacy? To date the Panthers have yet to string together 2 consecutive seasons with a wining record much less anything that might resemble any type of legacy. 

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I love the Panther sound effect every time Carolina makes a big play. Does everyone in the stands simultaneously claw the air and hiss?

i need to get to a game there

ahahahaha....now that'd be awesome...I do like their stadium though...even the nose bleeds aren't that bad..and Charlotte's a pretty cool city..

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, slaga said:

Legacy? To date the Panthers have yet to string together 2 consecutive seasons with a wining record much less anything that might resemble any type of legacy. 

Cause the team is cheap! You need to pay your players who perform! Sorry, when you do not expect other players to view that negativley. Why? Cause it could be them next not getting paid! 

1 hour ago, kost203 said:

Cause the team is cheap! You need to pay your players who perform! Sorry, when you do not expect other players to view that negativley. Why? Cause it could be them next not getting paid! 

I'll address why Gettleman grabbed away the franchise tag, and why Norman would not be getting a 15 million dollar deal for 5 years.

Norman is reaching the age in cornerbacks where they begin regressing soon, and he's 29 right now. His 4th or 5th year on that contract at the latest will show obvious regression due to the wear and tear of most corners in the league.

Also, you weren't here for the Hurney era from what I'm seeing. That GM would pay every player, in fact he'd overpay them, and bring us into cap trouble. 2010 was the year we just went all loose because of how bad Hurney was with contracts. He's the GM who doesn't play hardball and lets his emotions get with him and give insane contracts out without thinking. I mean Charles Johnson got like a 15 million cap hit this year before he resigned for 3 million if it weren't for Gettleman. 

Gettleman is trying to get us out of Hurney's horrid contracts, and he's really built up a lot of cap. Next year, we have a lot of guys in free agency, so most likely around $40 million of our cap will be used to sign Addison, Charles Johnson, Kawann Short, Andrew Norwell, Ted Ginn, and other key free agents, and wrap up a deal for Star. 

Norman was more than welcome to sign the franchise tag. However, his agent made it appear Norman wasn't interested in anything except $15 million and was willing to sit out the season, instead of talking it out, which made Gettleman think he just wasn't worth the trouble. His agent was soon discovered to be inept, and an issue to the negotiations, and why Norman was able to chase the money.

Right now, the way he keeps bringing up how he felt "backstabbed" and such, even when he complained before about the tag, he sounds like some dude who can't get over his ex. Sure, I wish he were a Panther too. Sure, I'd love it if Gettleman hadn't rescinded the tag. However, I understand how Gettleman is trying to keep our DLine fresh, and realizes he could really just overhaul our secondary (that needed to be. Norman was our only corner, and the rest were off the street agents in 2015, especially when Tillman got hurt.)

Sure, it's not looking good this year, and that's understandable with rookies in the secondary. However, Worley and Bradberry are gelling, and although they're definitely not all-pros yet, they're looking like they're going to be solid real soon.

4 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

I'll address why Gettleman grabbed away the franchise tag, and why Norman would not be getting a 15 million dollar deal for 5 years.

Norman is reaching the age in cornerbacks where they begin regressing soon, and he's 29 right now. His 4th or 5th year on that contract at the latest will show obvious regression due to the wear and tear of most corners in the league.

Edit

Right now, the way he keeps bringing up how he felt "backstabbed" and such, even when he complained before about the tag, he sounds like some dude who can't get over his ex. Sure, I wish he were a Panther too. Sure, I'd love it if Gettleman hadn't rescinded the tag. However, I understand how Gettleman is trying to keep our DLine fresh, and realizes he could really just overhaul our secondary (that needed to be. Norman was our only corner, and the rest were off the street agents in 2015, especially when Tillman got hurt.)

Sure, it's not looking good this year, and that's understandable with rookies in the secondary. However, Worley and Bradberry are gelling, and although they're definitely not all-pros yet, they're looking like they're going to be solid real soon.

If this is true, then Gettleman is a bigger moron than I thought he was. So many things wrong with that line of thinking.

1. His age is virtually irrelevant and just an excuse your GM got to you to swallow. CB of all players can keep playing at a high level well into their early to mid 30s. Norman just did turn 29. So unless he gets injured he has at least 2 or 3 more years of playing at a high level and a few more playing very well. Also, in terms of wear and tear, since he only came into the league in 2012 and then playing very little in 2013 and only the second half in 2014, that is just an excuse.

2. If he really thought the agent was being an ass, he could have made it clear they would pull the franchise tag if norman didn't sign the tag or come to a reasonable long term agreement. It's called communication. Sounds more like an ego problem on gettlmans part. Agents always say stuff. But the player makes the call.

3. There was no reason to pull the tag. He could have called his bluff. It would have not resulted in anything different - either he signs the franchise tag, or he sits out. If he signs, you get your guy. If he sits out, at least he is not playing for someone else. He doesn't hurt your cap if he sits out. Poor understanding of how negotiations work on gettlemans part.

4. This will hurt the team with other FAs, even ones on your team. When they placed the tag on him then rescinded, that shows you can't trust his word. It's negotiating in bad faith. Other FAs are not going to want to paly where there is such dishonesty.

Overall, it was stupid short term as it left your team very weak at CB and even worse long term as it showed players he cannot be trusted to keep his word. No way to see this any way but a complete failure on gelttlmans part that will hurt Carolina for more than just this year

As for a few other comments by you about norman:

1. "he could chase the money" - How was he chasing the money when he fired his agent and then said he would sign the franchise tag? Again, agents make threats and do stupid **** all the time. But the final conversation and agreement is with the player. Also, while he got the $15M he was looking for, it's a team friendly deal in that he can be released after 2 yrs in case it isn't working out and the dead cap hit is minimal. Norman is balling out so that's not a problem. But the safe guard is there and could have been for the panthers.

2. About his talking about being backstabbed. I heard him it say it right after it happened. Since then he has not really answered that question when asked. So it sounds more like you and the Carolina fans are trying to convince yourself it was a good idea to let one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL leave. But he has actually pretty much a professional about it - something that cannot be said about gettleman.

One last thing about gelttman - James Bradberry is doing nicely. However, that was a horrible pick. Bradberry had at best a 3rd or 4th rd grade on him - with most being in th 4th - some even the 5th or later. I know because I scouted him heavily in our ES 2016 Mock draft and eventually drafted him in our 5th round. I thought 5th rd was too low - late 3rd, early 4th is where I saw him. But they took him in the 2nd! (helped me a lot in our mock draft comparisons). That pick was a desperation pick due to the Norman debacle.

Face it, you can try to justify it all you want, but in the end gettleman and the panthers **** the bed on the whole josh Norman thing. You can dress it up if you want, but it was very poorly handled.

Ok so you take away the franchise tag? It's a one year deal. What seen you guys doing with that extra money? BEING CHEAP! Preceadance has been set like it or not. That's a fact. Now, whose to say that if your another panther fan and perform you won't get cut and never reach that lucrative pay day? 

Man that chick Cam is trying to hook up, wow what a classy looking lady.  She makes strippers blush.  I have said it before and I will say it again, Cam will not last long in this league.  I give him tops 3 years, his style of ply will basically break him down and we are seeing this as his accuracy has taken a major hit.  Believe us Carolina fans we had a guy very similar and he was stellar for one season.  The only difference was he was much more fragile than Cam.

Archived