Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enemy Panther Fan Here - Ask Me Anything!

SamMills51

17 hours ago, slaga said:

Legacy? To date the Panthers have yet to string together 2 consecutive seasons with a wining record much less anything that might resemble any type of legacy. 

Not trying to be THAT guy but this is probably not the argument you want to use with a Panthers fan....

The Panthers entered the NFL in 1995 and since then we've only had back to back winning seasons once (1996/7) and the second of those was an 8-7-1 record. Prior to that it was 89-92. So we've only got one of these since the Panthers came into the league and that includes an 8 win season...

Move along...nothing to see here :/

Panthers have definitely been the better team since 1995. But they have their terrible streaks too. It's how they were able to draft Cam after all. Unfortunately for the Panthers, as good as they have been here and there, it hasn't been good enough and at the end of the year only one team is called champion. 2 NFC championships is still pretty cool. But they aren't the NFC patriots like they can hype themselves up to be sometimes

26 minutes ago, moondog said:

Not trying to be THAT guy but this is probably not the argument you want to use with a Panthers fan....

The Panthers entered the NFL in 1995 and since then we've only had back to back winning seasons once (1996/7) and the second of those was an 8-7-1 record. Prior to that it was 89-92. So we've only got one of these since the Panthers came into the league and that includes an 8 win season...

One win away from doing that TWICE in 20+ years...BOOM. :)

20 hours ago, zoony said:

I love the Panther sound effect every time Carolina makes a big play. Does everyone in the stands simultaneously claw the air and hiss?

i need to get to a game there

It's the same sound effect that Penn St does at their games.  I'm just sayin' they stole it.

3 hours ago, moondog said:

In my book 1 is still greater than 0 right? The Skins have accomplished that insurmountable feat better than the Panthers have, have they not? The Panthers have already set themselves up for a continuation of that streak for at least this year and next year too. With 1 more win, the Redskins will have the another one to add to the steak.

Don't be that guy then...

2 hours ago, slaga said:

In my book 1 is still greater than 0 right? The Skins have accomplished that insurmountable feat better than the Panthers have, have they not? The Panthers have already set themselves up for a continuation of that streak for at least this year and next year too. With 1 more win, the Redskins will have the another one to add to the steak.

:ols:every 10 years we have slightly more wins than loses back to back. Let's pin that badge of honor.:ols:

Don't be that guy either.

2 hours ago, slaga said:

220px-PremiumSaltines.jpg

I did you a solid and went ahead and found you your new signature or profile picture...you're welcome. 

Technically you're right, but if you're the kinda guy that likes to win an argument by saying we've had a winning record once in the last 25 seasons, you go right ahead buddy. It's not something to be proud of. Hard to say it's "insurmountable" when the sorry ass Texans have done it more than we have, as have the Bengals, Jaguars, etc. 

It's like saying you're proud to be this guy....only to realize you're actually still losing to Jimmy.

124518__ringer_l_0.jpg?itok=PiKcrFLe

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

One last thing about gelttman - James Bradberry is doing nicely. However, that was a horrible pick. Bradberry had at best a 3rd or 4th rd grade on him - with most being in th 4th - some even the 5th or later. I know because I scouted him heavily in our ES 2016 Mock draft and l

Face it, you can try to justify it all you want, but in the end gettleman and the panthers **** the bed on the whole josh Norman thing. You can dress it up if you want, but it was very poorly handled.

Just to let you know, Bradberry's physical potential was number 1 out of all the cornerbacks from that draft.

Mock drafts never get it right, and I'm sure other teams were looking into Bradberry's potential too. He's a great pick honestly, and not many other corners look as good as him in the second.

The fact he's doing better than every other rookie corner from the draft says a lot though. Check up PFF Top 25 cornerbacks if you don't believe me.

We've been through losing Smith, and we got to the playoffs soon after, and heck evene the superbowl. I hated the way it happened, but it did.

Josh Norman fired his agent a bit too late. Gettleman doesn't play around. Can't say anything though because obviously this year was a down year, but I can see us being solid for years to come.

Overall, liked the move with 2 potential corners at the very least being solid contributors, and Worley learning from his mistakes fast.

If you want to know, Kawann Short and Star's picks were deemed terrible the first year. That quickly changed.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols:every 10 years we have slightly more wins than loses back to back. Let's pin that badge of honor.:ols:

Don't be that guy either.

3 hours ago, moondog said:

Technically you're right, ...

I lived in the area and dealt with the Panther fan base. You take whatever shots you have. Are they the worst fans, not by a long shot, except those that are fans of the Panthers and Cowboys, you know because the Panthers have only been around for a couple decades and the Panther fans over the age of 25 were converts of some other franchise.

Moondog,

Secondly, you are comparing the dark ages of the Snyder era to the entire existence of the Panthers. I don't think that is a fair comparison either. These are the years that the Redskins have had back to back winning seasons:

1936-1937

1937-1938

1938-1939

1939-1940

1940-1941

1941-1942

1942-1943

1943-1944

1944-1945

1971-1972

1972-1973

1973-1974

1974-1975

1975-1976

1976-1977

1982-1983

1983-1984

1984-1985

1985-1986

1986-1987

1989-1990

1990-1991

1991-1992

1996-1997

If the Skins win 1 more game this year you can add 2015-2016.

That makes 24 (or 25 if the Skins beat the Panthers on Monday) times the Redskins have had back to back winning season in their 84 years of full season play. So if you look at existence to existence, the Redskins have back to back winning seasons roughly 29% of the time compared to the Panthers' 0% of the time. 1 is better than 0 (since Panthers' expansion) and 24 (29% of the time) is much better than 0 (0% of the time)!

Don't be that guy...

edit below:

That means that the Redskins average 3 back to back winning seasons every decade and that puts the Panthers about 6 back to back winning seasons behind the Redskins, if you want to compare apples to apples.

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

Just to let you know, Bradberry's physical potential was number 1 out of all the cornerbacks from that draft.

Mock drafts never get it right, and I'm sure other teams were looking into Bradberry's potential too. He's a great pick honestly, and not many other corners look as good as him in the second.

The fact he's doing better than every other rookie corner from the draft says a lot though. Check up PFF Top 25 cornerbacks if you don't believe me.

We've been through losing Smith, and we got to the playoffs soon after, and heck evene the superbowl. I hated the way it happened, but it did.

Josh Norman fired his agent a bit too late. Gettleman doesn't play around. Can't say anything though because obviously this year was a down year, but I can see us being solid for years to come.

Overall, liked the move with 2 potential corners at the very least being solid contributors, and Worley learning from his mistakes fast.

You can say that about Bradberry now. He was a great pick in the 4th or 5th rd. He was a big stretch in the 2nd. You could have easily gotten him in the 3rd. As I said, he turned out nice but the truth is he was a big stretch.

Gettlemans hubris will cost your team for a while. You just don't offer the tag then rescind it, especially when it's one of the best players on your team. I know the old school tough guy fans are saying - yea, you tell them! Le him walk! But they are not the ones who are actually playing. The actual players will remember that.

I realize as a fan, you have to convince yourself he did the right thing with Norman. But he **** the bed, badly.

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Thank you. Just did.

You welcome man. You handle yourself quite good so far, and mods know we can be tough sometime, even between ourselves. Having said that, I would suggest you to come back here once the season's done and apply for the Panthers GM job in our annual ES Mock draft :P That's pretty fun :P

54 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You can say that about Bradberry now. He was a great pick in the 4th or 5th rd. He was a big stretch in the 2nd. You could have easily gotten him in the 3rd. As I said, he turned out nice but the truth is he was a big stretch.

Gettlemans hubris will cost your team for a while. You just don't offer the tag then rescind it, especially when it's one of the best players on your team. I know the old school tough guy fans are saying - yea, you tell them! Le him walk! But they are not the ones who are actually playing. The actual players will remember that.

I realize as a fan, you have to convince yourself he did the right thing with Norman. But he **** the bed, badly.

I personally feel like he did the right thing because of the fact he values our front above our secondary, which is great honestly. 

The thing is, Gettleman has done this before. Steve Smith, arguably one of my favorite players, and the way he was let go was surprising. Heck, even Gettleman said he regrets the way the conversation went from his side. But the Panthers answered with playoff appearances and then a Superbowl shot last year. 

DeAngelo was another sort of surprise shock, but not many Panther fans liked him anymore and his dwindling work ethic. He was motivated with the Steelers though, so kudos to him.

Norman is another shock, but I believe we'll be fine in the long run. Sure, getting a deal done would've been great, but it is what it is. He's not the reason we lost any of our games by far though. Injuries and coaching management were.

47 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Norman is another shock, but I believe we'll be fine in the long run. Sure, getting a deal done would've been great, but it is what it is. He's not the reason we lost any of our games by far though. Injuries and coaching management were.

Yeah, Norman would have given up 300 yards to Julio, too. Damn scrub.:ols:

2 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Yeah, Norman would have given up 300 yards to Julio, too. Damn scrub.:ols:

You do realize that corner is no longer with us. Bradberry held down Julio to only around 10 or so on him before he got smacked by turf toe. Then Julio abused Bene.

But considering our coaching staff had an inept dline rotation that game and Bradberry getting hurt, I'd say injuries and coaching played a role

50 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

You do realize that corner is no longer with us. Bradberry held down Julio to only around 10 or so on him before he got smacked by turf toe. Then Julio abused Bene.

Apparently you don't even watch the games. Because looky here what I found in the write-up after the game from ESPN...

MISMATCH: Panthers rookie cornerback James Bradberry was overwhelmed from the opening minute in his matchup with Jones. Ryan completed passes to Jones on Atlanta's first three plays for 22, 14 and 15 yards, showing the Falcons' plan to take advantage of a secondary still struggling to replace Josh Norman, now with Washington.

"They put the young corner on me man to man ... and Matt made some great decisions today," Jones said.

10 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Apparently you don't even watch the games. Because looky here what I found in the write-up after the game from ESPN...

MISMATCH: Panthers rookie cornerback James Bradberry was overwhelmed from the opening minute in his matchup with Jones. Ryan completed passes to Jones on Atlanta's first three plays for 22, 14 and 15 yards, showing the Falcons' plan to take advantage of a secondary still struggling to replace Josh Norman, now with Washington.

"They put the young corner on me man to man ... and Matt made some great decisions today," Jones said.

I did watch the games. Some of that was the safety's job on those plays.

I mean it was even said on multiple occasions from that game that the safeties weren't communicating

But it's fair to say Bradberry's improved since then. I give him credit for giving up around 10 yards, but that's my opinion. Bene got abused though. No doubt about that.

But seriously, I'm telling you what it is. Just don't be surprised to see your WRs not get as many yards as they normally do, because Bradberry hasn't let a WR get 60+ yards on him yet, and Worley is starting to gel.

Also, another thing - since when has ESPN really been about what actually happens during the game rather than finding the easy stats and not looking deeper? I'm sure many a times that's happened for you guys.

57 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

I did watch the games. Some of that was the safety's job on those plays.

I mean it was even said on multiple occasions from that game that the safeties weren't communicating

But it's fair to say Bradberry's improved since then. I give him credit for giving up around 10 yards, but that's my opinion. Bene got abused though. No doubt about that.

But seriously, I'm telling you what it is. Just don't be surprised to see your WRs not get as many yards as they normally do, because Bradberry hasn't let a WR get 60+ yards on him yet, and Worley is starting to gel.

Also, another thing - since when has ESPN really been about what actually happens during the game rather than finding the easy stats and not looking deeper? I'm sure many a times that's happened for you guys.

Dude, I just gave you written proof that you were full of **** about Bradberry holding his own vs Julio, yet you STILL won't accept that you were wrong.

You claimed Bradberry gave up "10 or so" of Julio's 300 yards, when right there in bold writing, someone that actually WATCHED the game, is telling you that he gave up 51 on the FIRST THREE PLAYS Atlanta had the ball!!! :rofl89:

And if you don't want to take the ESPN writer's account of the events that day, then how about the guy that TORCHED Bradberry and Co?!...JULIO JONES!! It's right there in black and white!

Archived