Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, anyone want to take a guess how much it will cost us taxpayers to secure the Trump Tower White House?

LadySkinsFan

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm assuming he gets no credit for declining his salary?

I would be more willing to award at least a couple points if he could actually stop doing business stuff.

For example, he met with his Indian business contacts a couple days ago, the Chordias, and then today Pakistan starts talking about how India has been too vague on "no first use" policy.  Or like when Ivanka, who is supposed to be running his blind trust, sat in on a meeting with Japanese officials.  Or how there seems to be a nascent "stay-for-play" situation going on at his hotels.

If/when he fully divorces himself from his businesses to ensure there is no entanglement, I could see awarding some points for declining salary.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:13 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

So he doesn't want to spend most of his time in the real White House, so how much is it going to cost to secure Trump Tower? It's a security nightmare.

This from the party of "fiscal restraint".

Stop getting your news from twitter or Facebook.

Hint - he will live in the same place every other President lived in.  Anyone who believes this crap is just as ignorant as those 'birthers'.  Let's call them "Towerites".  LOL.

On 11/17/2016 at 3:01 PM, bobandweave said:

You guys need to put the country first and stop complaining about an election that has already been decided. Its time everyone supported the Commander in Chief elect because its for the good of the country.

No, it is not an inherent good that we all blindly support someone simply because they received more electoral votes than someone else. That is a deeply harmful, wholly unamerican idea that infuriates me when I see it.

Anyone reading this: if posts like these are setting off alarms in your head, they should. When it comes to politics and your right to peacefully assemble and speak your mind about our government's flaws, never let anyone silence you. Be as loud as you want to be and complain as much as you want. You don't have to sit idly by and watch the country burn in order to be a diplomatic, kind-hearted American. The day that changes, I'm getting the hell out of dodge. 

As far the main topic goes: I expect the president to reside in DC. I also expect to pay a ridiculous tab for everything else because that's what always happens. If Trump can't at least fulfill the former, it will be one more in a long list of things I dislike about him.

The idea that either side "get's over it" quickly after an election is dishonest. I am not suggesting it has never happened, but ever since I was old enough to somewhat competently follow election coverage (Clinton '92) I've never seen either side quietly go about their business after the election results. Things got a bit louder after the 2000 election but that was sort of understandable given the controversy surrounding the election results themselves rather than the person who won.  Then it went to a whole new level when Obama pulled the upset with his win. 

It's barely been two weeks and Trump has yet to have made a move or appointment that suggests he is interested in "bringing the country together," That is on him and/or whoever is making the decisions on who to fill the cabinet with. 

Yeah, just like ol' bobandweave says.  Get over it.  Like Donald Trump got over it by stoking the rumors for years that Barack Obama was an illegitimate President because he was not born in the United States.  

This isn't Democrats bitter because a Republican won.  Nope. This is different. This is millions of rational people amazed that a reality TV star with an inches deep understanding of the issues and the temperament of a six year old could be elected President.

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

You guys realize he can't live in the Whitehouse yet, right?

I'm sure the current resident would put him up.:ols:

are those NY police moonlighting as defense contractors.....cause that is some serious markup.

On 11/20/2016 at 7:37 PM, Dan T. said:

This is different. This is millions of rational people amazed that a reality TV star with an inches deep understanding of the issues and the temperament of a six year old could be elected President.

Meh, everyone is rational, just ask them. Eight years ago a well respected career Senator and Military Veteran lost to a no name with very little experience. In retrospect, the ones that nominated that well respected career Senator were out of touch and absolutely underestimated the competition. 

On 11/20/2016 at 2:32 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I kinda like Barron ever since watching him struggle not to pass out from sleep deprivation on stage at his dad's victory speech. I hope he grows up ok.

He'll probably rape some passed out girl at his ivy league college.

Archived