Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, anyone want to take a guess how much it will cost us taxpayers to secure the Trump Tower White House?

LadySkinsFan

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news/protecting-donald-trump/index.html?sr=fbCNN112116protecting-donald-trump0900PMStoryLink&linkId=31410731

Protecting Donald Trump costs New York City more than $1 million a day

By Chris Isidore, Shimon Prokupecz and David Shortell November 21, 2016 15:32PM EST

Protecting President-elect Donald Trump and his family is costing New York City more than $1 million a day, according to three city officials.

And those costs won't necessarily drop significantly once he moves to the White House.

That's because Melania Trump and their 10-year old son Barron expect to stay at their home at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan, at least until the end of the school year. And Donald Trump has indicated he plans to return home regularly, especially while they're still here.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:01 PM, bobandweave said:

You guys need to put the country first and stop complaining about an election that has already been decided. Its time everyone supported the Commander in Chief elect because its for the good of the country. The country didn't want to elect Hillary and we didn't. That's the way it is. Complaining non stop about the winner won't change that, you can't change that, thinking you can is delussional. You can't change anything.

The Democrats lost. Accept it. You lost the House, you lost the Senate, you lost the White House. Accept it.

Now we are all going to deal with President Trump both the good and the bad, and complaining 24/7 before he actually does anything only shows you never gave him a chance in the first place. Is that the message you want to send? Worrying about things that haven't happened and likely won't happen and for what? Because your side lost. We need to come together now and put this election behind us.

This might hold water if Trump himself didn't lead the movement to de-legitimize our last duly-elected President. Or appeared to be minimally competent.  Or wasn't already putting his financial interests ahead of the country's.  Or wasn't a raging asshole.  Unfortunately (for the country) none of those things is true. 

I'll just note that I don't think the cost of retrofitting Trump Tower is even a minor issue compared to the long list of Trump's problems.  A total distraction from important things.  

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'll just note that I don't think the cost of retrofitting Trump Tower is even a minor issue compared to the long list of Trump's problems.  A total distraction from important things.  

It's also a demonstration that many of his most vehement critics learned nothing from his election. I'm pretty convinced that a big reason he won is something like scandal fatigue... People kept getting bombarded day after day with the newest outrage, and they all began to blur together. It was, in a way, numbing.

It reminds me of this:

6 minutes ago, techboy said:

It's also a demonstration that many of his most vehement critics learned nothing from his election. I'm pretty convinced that a big reason he won is something like scandal fatigue... People kept getting bombarded day after day with the newest outrage, and they all began to blur together. It was, in a way, numbing.

It reminds me of this:

I literally posted that exact clip on August 18th, although i used Frinkinator to caption it myself (you have to click on the below to take you to the post with the .gif). 

• 2 months later...

I suspect the problem won't be paying for security and what not as his been done with every other President. I suspect the problem will be that he will triple the rent he charges the government... much like he did to his campaign staff so that all those donations could go straight into his pockets.

I will say if the costs are steady... that projects to more than a billion dollars over four years. That is a crazy amount. It is still standard operating procedure, but it's a crazy amount.

The crazy part is that so many were butthurt over Obama's vacations, the taxpayer dollars spent on them etc... yet now, silence.

I think that's my biggest issue with people in general. There is no consistency. They don't stand by a view point. It's only about partisanship, which I honestly just can't grasp.  

Archived