Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

So Trump basically just confirmed that the dossier is probably completely accurate.

As far as those soldiers killed and the race aspect, I was actually thinking about that too. But he wouldn't really be playing to his base because those are supposed to be private, unless he was somehow planning on making it a public issue...but that sort of planning is far beyond a guy who can't concentrate on a national security briefing unless it is half a page or less of bullet points.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a situation where he wasn't saying to himself "oh god, a <insert minority>, I hate them so their family can go **** themselves" but more of a "oh god a <insert minority>, I have no clue how to talk to those people and I'm worried that they're more likely to be mean to me or not praise me so I'll just put that off and call these other families first". Not any better, but I'd think more likely than the more overt first possibility. Though who knows with this asshole.

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So Trump basically just confirmed that the dossier is probably completely accurate.

Pretty much anytime he denounces anything as fake, this is my first thought.

It's proven to be true more often than not.

~Bang

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That's the million dollar question.  Where's Melania????????

16 hours ago, haithman said:

Is that why he awkwardly shook "Melania's" hand at that USAF event a month back and didn't kiss her like a normal human would? Because it wasn't actually her???

Then there was this:

DMZPSwvVQAADQex.jpg:small

MELANIA                                                                                             MILANIA

That's not Melania.  It's Milania.

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It's fun to revisit that dossier.  So much of it has proven to be accurate in the months since it surfaced:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Blocked at work, would you (or someone) mind summarizing what has proven to be accurate?  Thanks in advance. :cheers:

Separately, W has been much better as a former President than he was a President.  I would grade his post-Presidency a solid A, so credit where it is due. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/19/george-w-bushs-unmistakable-takedown-of-trumpism-and-trump/?hpid=hp_regional-hp-cards_rhp-card-politics%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.a90c6c9811e0

For the last nine years, George W. Bush has largely stayed out of presidential politics; he declined to criticize his successor, Barack Obama, and he chose not to endorse but largely ignored President Trump. While Mitt Romney and others spoke out publicly against Trump, Bush stayed above the fray.

That changed in a big way Thursday.

Speaking at a George W. Bush Institute event in New York, Bush didn't use Trump's name, but his target became clearer as the speech progressed. Here's a sampling:

“Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.”
“We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism.”
“We’ve seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. ... Argument turns too easily into animosity.”
“It means that bigotry and white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed, and it means the very identity of our nation depends on passing along civic ideals.”
“Bullying and prejudice in our public life … provides permission for cruelty and bigotry.”
“The only way to pass along civic values is to live up to them.”

Any one of these quotes in isolation could be dismissed as highflying rhetoric aimed at the general coarsening of our political culture — or the rise of forms of nationalism and extremism that clearly exist outside the Oval Office.

Archived