Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

14 hours ago, Larry said:

1)  instead of basing foreign aid on human rights, we will hand it out to everybody, without regard to who we're handing it to, and with no strings attached.  

2)  Instead of basing foreign aid on human rights, we will instead base it on some other value, which we think is more important.  

Now, since I suspect we can all agree that Option 1 isn't on the table, it makes me wonder which value we think is more important than promoting human rights.  

We based aid on what the country  can do for Trump and his personal business interests or his cronies business interests.

This entire administration is a criminal conspiracy, fueled by lies, supported by the dim and foisted on the country by a hostile foreign power. Denial at this point is de facto complicity in their crimes.

11 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

This entire administration is a criminal conspiracy, fueled by lies, supported by the dim and foisted on the country by a hostile foreign power. Denial at this point is de facto complicity in their crimes.

Finally Ken, you have slipped up and revealed yourself.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Sandwiches between Bush and Trump, I think history will look back pretty fondly on the Obama presidency.  When Trump is done, everybody that came before will get a bounce.  

The shade of Richard Nixon takes a break from his pinochle game with Pol Pot to give a thumbs up.

1 hour ago, mbws said:

Worst. President. Ever.

Just want to point out, I don;t think it's really fair to blame Trump for some of the things that people are venting about, here.  

Yeah, I think the notion that Russia is suddenly a US ally is almost entirely attributable to Trump, to pick one example.  

But, to pick a completely different example, this new Obamacare "repeal and replace" (which, let's point out, is neither.  It's an amendment.)  "thing"?  

Trump has almost nothing to do with it.  Trump neither knows nor cares what's in it.  All he wants is for congress to send him something that he can use as a prop for a ceremony. (And his opinion of it's failure or success will be based solely on the TV ratings the ceremony gets, and how many times his name gets mentioned.)  

The AHCA isn't Trumpcare.  It's GOPcare.   And it shouldn't figure into Trump's approval ratings so much as it figures into the GOP's.  

The same will be true of the "tax reform" they're going to pass.  All Trump cares about is how much press he gets out of it. (OK, yeah, he probably cares about how big a tax cut he, personally, will get out of it.)   The GOP cares about how big a tax cut the Koch brothers get out of it.  (And how much it adds to the deficit.  So that they can complain about it.)  

Trump has been campaigning for the repeal and replacement of the ACA and he put a ton of pressure on congress to get it done, even going so far as to denounce the caucus within the House GoP that blocked the vote the first time.  And he's had a say in crafting policy for the AHCA and he's helped brand it and attempted to sell it to voters.  He will sign it if it reaches his desk.  He's just as responsible for it as congressional Republicans.

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just want to point out, I don;t think it's really fair to blame Trump for some of the things that people are venting about, here.  

Yeah, I think the notion that Russia is suddenly a US ally is almost entirely attributable to Trump, to pick one example.  

But, to pick a completely different example, this new Obamacare "repeal and replace" (which, let's point out, is neither.  It's an amendment.)  "thing"?  

Trump has almost nothing to do with it.  Trump neither knows nor cares what's in it.  All he wants is for congress to send him something that he can use as a prop for a ceremony. (And his opinion of it's failure or success will be based solely on the TV ratings the ceremony gets, and how many times his name gets mentioned.)  

The AHCA isn't Trumpcare.  It's GOPcare.   And it shouldn't figure into Trump's approval ratings so much as it figures into the GOP's.  

The same will be true of the "tax reform" they're going to pass.  All Trump cares about is how much press he gets out of it. (OK, yeah, he probably cares about how big a tax cut he, personally, will get out of it.)   The GOP cares about how big a tax cut the Koch brothers get out of it.  (And how much it adds to the deficit.  So that they can complain about it.)  

If that's all he's about, that makes it all very much on him though. In fact, that makes it worse.  He's willing to sell America down the river for good press.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If that's all he's about, that makes it all very much on him though. In fact, that makes it worse.  He's willing to sell America down the river for good press.

You new around here? :) 

Does anyone think this health care deal will get passed in the Senate?

I think what is mind-blowing to me is how the GOP are behind this and it is so clearly anti anyone but the rich and they are not even trying to hide it.  This isn't a Right/Left issue. Its a humanity issue.  I don't get it.  

39 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

In before somebody points out that Hillary's email server had three messages that were marked Confidential.  (But shouldn't have been.)  And a few dozen emails that weren't classified at the time, but upon further review, they decided that they should have been.  

27 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Yikes at the FDA being forced to put on fox news. Seems shady to me.

So, how long till the FDA decides that science is fake, and vaccines cause autism?  

47 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Yikes at the FDA being forced to put on fox news. Seems shady to me.

Well, yeah. If it's true it's absolute bull****. FOX News is the ****ing worst. I attribute the largest slice of the blame for the current state of American politics to FOX News.

Archived