Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well, yeah. If it's true it's absolute bull****. FOX News is the ****ing worst. I attribute the largest slice of the blame for the current state of American politics to FOX News.

Sad but true. Talk radio is complicit too.

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The GOP is no longer worth saving. Outside of "democrats are the enemy", they have not one principled bone in their collective body.

**** 'em.

This came up about 15 years ago on a trip home...I think I posted about it at some point...my step-sister, 3 years older than me who has children she can't afford, went off on me in a restaurant with "You voted for that nnn...." and she almost said it before I very calmly advised her to sit down, lest I remind her that it's we liberals who don't want any living being to suffer, and that we're the ones who do the work and put our money where our heart is...to keep those going who didn't make the best decisions.

She sat down. 

But to this day, she hasn't changed.  At all.  Takes more advantage now than ever.  And plays the "benevolence" duties for her church...SERIOUSLY? 

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

This came up about 15 years ago on a trip home...I think I posted about it at some point...my step-sister, 3 years older than me who has children she can't afford, went off on me in a restaurant with "You voted for that nnn...." and she almost said it before I very calmly advised her to sit down, lest I remind her that it's we liberals who don't want any living being to suffer, and that we're the ones who do the work and put our money where our heart is...to keep those going who didn't make the best decisions.

She sat down. 

But to this day, she hasn't changed.  At all.  Takes more advantage now than ever.  And plays the "benevolence" duties for her church...SERIOUSLY? 

If the nnn.... is Obama, you might be off on the 15 years part :-)

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If the nnn.... is Obama, you might be off on the 15 years part :-)

Yep, you're right,...fat fingered that one...that trip was spring of '09, oops

edit, add:  when you get this old, everything seems forever ago:ols:

Probably going to be a long post, without a lot of support, just impressions.  

Was in the gym working out (for the first time in way too long) yesterday.  And CNN and Fox were covering the announcement that unemployment has fallen to the lowest level in a decade.  And I was struck by something.  

CNN was covering this as good news.  

It was their lead story.  Their headline was "Unemployment lowest in decade."  They had a graphic, showing the unemployment rate for the last 12 years or so.  The announcer mentioned that this level is what economists refer to as "full employment", and that this is usually the point where we start to see wages increase.  

And I contrast this to the way Fox would cover falling unemployment, under Obama.  Yeah, they would mention it.  But their coverage consisted mostly of why you shouldn't pay attention to unemployment going down.  It's a fake statistic.  But look at this participation rate.  Let's invent a new statistic that we just made up for Obama, call the new one " the real unemployment rate".and compare how Obama looks, with the new statistic we made up, against how Bush looked with the old statistic, if we pretend that his term ended a year before it actually did.  

in short, it would appear (if one solely contrasts my impression of one segment of CNN, versus my impression of what I remember of years of Fox News) that on CNN, when unemployment is down, it's Good News, no matter who's in the White House.  Whereas on Fox News, unemployment going down is Bad News, if it happens while a Democrat is there.  

Which, in turn, caused me to reflect on the numerous posters on ES who constantly try to defend one (and only one) political party and/or news source, by trying to claim that "they're both the same".  

Follow up to my previous post about the unemployment rate.  

I'm amazed that I haven't seen the announcement that "Trump ended Obama's recession after only being in office for three months."  

Wonder whether that piece of manufactured legend will first appear in the form of a Fox News announcement, or a Trump tweet.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Follow up to my previous post about the unemployment rate.  

I'm amazed that I haven't seen the announcement that "Trump ended Obama's recession after only being in office for three months."  

Wonder whether that piece of manufactured legend will first appear in the form of a Fox News announcement, or a Trump tweet.  

C'mon Larry, get with the game!  This was from over a month ago. Admittedly, the panel on the show was laughing and calling BS on this chart when it was shown, but how many of the rubes out there actually took it at face value:

This is the study that the RAND corporation published on Russian Propaganda: http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/perspectives/PE100/PE198/RAND_PE198.pdf

It's an important read.  Early on page 2, there is this table:

Distinctive Features of the Contemporary Model for Russian Propaganda

1. High-volume and multichannel

2. Rapid, continuous, and repetitive

3. Lacks commitment to objective reality

4. Lacks commitment to consistency

It mirrors the same techniques used by right wing media sources.  They are a propaganda machine that has preconditioned right wingers to accepting propaganda.  This is why they buy Russian propaganda so readily.  This is why the Republicans message to them and motivate them so effectively.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

in short, it would appear (if one solely contrasts my impression of one segment of CNN, versus my impression of what I remember of years of Fox News) that on CNN, when unemployment is down, it's Good News, no matter who's in the White House.  Whereas on Fox News, unemployment going down is Bad News, if it happens while a Democrat is there.  

99% of the right didn't know or care what the difference between the U3 and U6 was until Obama became President.

Then suddenly Republicans everywhere became experts on why the U3 was the wrong way of measuring employment despite it being the official measure by the labor department for pretty much forever.

28 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is the study that the RAND corporation published on Russian Propaganda: http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/perspectives/PE100/PE198/RAND_PE198.pdf

It's an important read.  Early on page 2, there is this table:

Distinctive Features of the Contemporary Model for Russian Propaganda

1. High-volume and multichannel

2. Rapid, continuous, and repetitive

3. Lacks commitment to objective reality

4. Lacks commitment to consistency

It mirrors the same techniques used by right wing media sources.  They are a propaganda machine that has preconditioned right wingers to accepting propaganda.  This is why they buy Russian propaganda so readily.  This is why the Republicans message to them and motivate them so effectively.

Sounds an awful lot like one of our longtime posters here. Hmmmm ?

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep, you're right,...fat fingered that one...that trip was spring of '09, oops

edit, add:  when you get this old, everything seems forever ago:ols:

Apparently she was speaking from much further in the past than you were, maybe that's where the slipup came from  :P

8 hours ago, visionary said:

Anything not to investigate Trump.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Good times.

I will be stunned if she isn't asked this question today. In fact, I hope a Democrat asks her just to shove it in the face of POSPOTUS. 

Archived