Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Donald Trump shows an equal amount of arrogance and ignorance. With the position he holds, that can be a horribly dangerous combination.  

Remember asking the question during the campaign:

what's scarier: Mussolini with nukes or dumb (even moreso)  Mussolini with nukes? 

Btw, i think it's more than just simple ignorance. He has some type of learning disability or something. As I've said before, I personally think he has dementia. That's a definite symptom. Your brain starts failing you in multiple areas and on multiple levels. I mean no freaking way he's been this dumb his entire life. 

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Is there any evidence of Andrew Jackson foreseeing the Civil War and being angry about it?

@stevemcqueen1, sorry to pull you into this thread but iirc you're well read on that period of American history. You got anything on this? Anyone else? 

https://books.google.com/books?id=1GhZl6KhM4cC&pg=PA123&dq=andrew+jackson+%2Bslavery&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSu-mbiNDTAhVoz1QKHdtdBTIQ6AEINDAD#v=onepage&q=andrew jackson %2Bslavery&f=false

he certainly worked to prevent civil war, though his actions might have made it more likely.

Lotta folk saw it coming, Jackson clearly doubted the motives of many abolitionists

add

you do know the South threatened secession in his day?....as well as asserting states could nullify federal law.

33 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Is there any evidence of Andrew Jackson foreseeing the Civil War and being angry about it?

@stevemcqueen1, sorry to pull you into this thread but iirc you're well read on that period of American history. You got anything on this? Anyone else? 

Trump must have been talking about how Jackson handled the nullification crisis.  I can't think of any other significant link between Jackson and the period that led to the Civil War.  As has been pointed out, Jackson died before the issue of the expansion of slavery came to a head in the 1850's.

The simpleton's (Trump's) take on the nullification crisis would be that South Carolina stepped out of line and Andrew Jackson, being the strong military man of action that he was, threatened to invade South Carolina if they didn't fall back in line, recognize the supremacy of Federal law, and ratify the tariff of 1832.  They did, and that was that.  So this is my guess for why Trump is spouting off about how Andrew Jackson wouldn't have let there be a Civil War--I guess he thinks that Jackson would have just threatened to invade the slave states if they tried to secede and they'd have fallen in line?  I mean, he's dumb and profoundly ignorant, and he's terrible at communicating any sort of idea to someone who has any kind of knowledge about a subject.  There is only so much about his nonsense that you can figure out by trying to fill in the gaps for him.

Jackson was a stupid, stupid man.  And a deeply insecure bully.  I think it's hilarious that Trump apparently seems to admire and identify with him.

11 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

Where are redskinmayne and twa to mansplain this one?

Why are there any wars? Wars are bad.

As far as the reasons for the civil war... economics vs slavery, there's not a lot of difference. Slavery was the economy in the south. But don't pretend Abe Lincoln freed the slaves in the southern states on moral grounds.

On other hand, is the D-Man really saying he'd rather be compared with andrew jackson instead of abe lincoln?. The war would have happened eventually no matter what. There was no way the southern states were ever getting rid of slavery without a push. 

As as far as trump saying he'd be honored to meet kim, who cares. It seems trumps strategy to get Kim not to test a nuke worked... as their month of celebration is over and they opted to not test a nuke. so.... we'll see.

Anyone would have to agree he can't seem to get out of his own way.

1 hour ago, twa said:

he certainly worked to prevent civil war, though his actions might have made it more likely.

I think it's generally accepted that his resolution of the crisis and his broader philosophy of the role and power of the Federal government helped turn a pro-slavery confederacy in the South into a political reality.  Before the crisis, I don't think the South was a unified political bloc on the issue of state's rights vs federal supremacy.  Didn't take long for that to become the case afterwards.

And that's not to criticize the way Jackson handled the crisis.  He played his only good hand, and a weaker president like a Van Buren probably would have capitulated and a weakened, piecemeal Union was a recipe for Civil War just the same as one where an increasingly strong federal government brought a sectional crisis between newly created pro-slavery and anti-slavery blocs to a head.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think it's generally accepted that his resolution of the crisis and his broader philosophy of the role and power of the Federal government helped turn a pro-slavery confederacy in the South into a political reality.  Before the crisis, I don't think the South was a unified political bloc on the issue of state's rights vs federal supremacy.  Didn't take long for that to become the case afterwards.

And that's not to criticize the way Jackson handled the crisis.  He played his only good hand, and a weaker president like a Van Buren probably would have capitulated and a weakened, piecemeal Union was a recipe for Civil War just the same as one where an increasingly strong federal government brought a sectional crisis between newly created pro-slavery and anti-slavery blocs to a head.

Increasingly strong thru things like the force act and then throw in the black tariff and such.......quite a powderkeg.

A weaker Union might have led to peaceful secession or compromise.

what ifs are just mental exercises.....blood and steel rule

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trump must have been talking about how Jackson handled the nullification crisis.  I can't think of any other significant link between Jackson and the period that led to the Civil War.  As has been pointed out, Jackson died before the issue of the expansion of slavery came to a head in the 1850's.

I think you're overstating the possibility of Trump having that level of knowledge of American history.

Jackson was a stupid, stupid man.  And a deeply insecure bully.  I think it's hilarious that Trump apparently seems to admire and identify with him.

He's got Andy's portrait looking down on him in the Oval Office.

This is ever more so appropriate. There are the fools then there are the damned fools. At least a fool is innocent in that they don't know any better, the damned fools on the other hand shall not be seen well in history. You know who you are, and quite honestly, you suck. YOU ARE everything that's wrong with this country and you just don't give a damn.

33012409154_3ae50fa6e7_b.jpg

The worst part? 

There will be those well meaning saints who caution against just ignoring the Right. They'll say that dialogue is necessary, which is nonsense. The current manifestation of the Right abuses the dialogue to further muddy the waters, out right lie, and manipulate. If you don't think this is an intentional tactic then you haven't been paying attention. Just look at what happens every time climate change comes up or ANY other topic. It's never about substance, instead it sounds EXACTLY like Trump's CBS interview. Every one of them the same thing.

48 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think you're overstating the possibility of Trump having that level of knowledge of American history.

No kidding. This is would be like a little kid drawing a bunch of symbols he saw somewhere on a chalkboard and claiming it was advanced calculus and then his parents hastily running up, taking it apart and throwing some of the symbols back together again in a way that has a tiny resemblance to calculus and saying "see? he does know advanced calculus, he just didn't say it the right way!"

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Is there some sort of thing with Andrew Jackson in the Alt-Right intelligencia?  Trump's fixation with him didn't come out of nowhere.

Remember the groundswell of reaction from some segments when theTreasury Department announced that Harriet Tubman would replace Jackson on the twenty dollar bill?   I wonder if that's when Trump, with his reptilian focus on publicity, started homing in on Jackson. 

51 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Is there some sort of thing with Andrew Jackson in the Alt-Right intelligencia?  Trump's fixation with him didn't come out of nowhere.

playing to a crowd

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436544/donald-trump-jacksonian-voters-andrew-jackson-nationalist-politics-are-back

You weren't aware of the Jacksonian's?....usually called nationalists

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Why he has to double down on his stupidity, who knows. Lying sack of ****.

It's stil hard to believe that HE will go down in history as a US President. Almost turns our storied history into a massive joke.

We have bad presidents before.   What's going to be ever lasting is that Trump will probably go down as one of the worst Presidents in American History.  There will be nothing he can do about that.  That will be fitting. History will be judging him harshly.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We have bad presidents before.   What's going to be ever lasting is that Trump will probably go down as one of the worst Presidents in American History.  There will be nothing he can do about that.  That will be fitting. History will be judging him harshly.

He'll probably try to sue history.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Supposedly Bannon said something about Trump being a Jacksonian figure and that's where it started. I've been trying to stay away from all things alt right lest you all see me on the news, but I'll take a look tomorrow and see what else is going on.  

I was actually coming in here to post this because i love this guy's analogy for Trump's mind, but he touches on the Jackson-Bannon thing... 

9 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Btw, i think it's more than just simple ignorance. He has some type of learning disability or something. As I've said before, I personally think he has dementia. That's a definite symptom. Your brain starts failing you in multiple areas and on multiple levels. I mean no freaking way he's been this dumb his entire life. 

They are discussing this on Morning Joe right now...and Meacham is on.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Populism. Also as noted above he has been vilified by the left for his treatment of the Native Americans and being a slave owner. I strongly suspect Bannon gave him a copy of Meacham's book and told him he is a modern day Jackson. Tip of the hat to anti-establishment, poke in the eye to SJWs.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/andrew-jackson-americas-original-anti-establishment-candidate-180958621/

Add:  I'm not suggesting Trump read the book.

22 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I strongly suspect Bannon gave him a copy of Meacham's book and told him he is a modern day Jackson. Tip of the hat to anti-establishment, poke in the eye to SJWs.

I strongly suspect he threw that book in a pile.

Because he either can't or just refuses to read.  He likes seeing his picture on the cover, and then.....duh.

edit, add:  Once again...he is a 9-year-old with ADHD.  An elected one.

Thank God for Dish...I can go back and see...Sean Spicer said yesterday...let me go back again...(speaking about NK leader person smurf)..."he's managed to lead a country forward".

I guess when Cheetoman starts starving us all it will be so we can go forward...while he's eating KFC on a ****ing plane, with the only fuel left on Earth.

What's not to vote for?

edit add: he said this:  "I don't stand by anything"  Sunday in his own ****ing office.  Some of us knew that.  A long, long time ago.

I'm gonna throw up now.

Archived