Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Because that’s how the senate and house works.  Senate Republicans have their own ideal budget i’m sure they would love to pass, but democrats won’t pass it.  Democrats passed a budget in the house that they would like the senate to pass, but the republicans won’t support it. So dems bribe the republicans till they have enough votes in the senate to pass, so they can get something done.

Call it compromise if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

That actually not how it works at all. The president submits a budget to congress. Budget committees in both houses consider the budget and compare it to the CBO estimates (except trump did not want congress to see the CBO estimates then said they were bipartisan). If they feel they are close enough they pass a budget resolution that is submitted to their respective houses. Those resolutions typically get passed (remember Nancy P saying she would trust the budget committee in the House and then did!) with possibly some amendments. 

Then select representatives and senators reconcile the budgets into a conference report that will serve as the blueprint for the budget. It is during this time BOTH sides have to compromise. Once the conference report is agreed to it must go back to both houses for a vote. If approved by both houses it is sent to the president who either signs it into law or veto like trump threatened and then his other lap dog mitch refused to let the senate vote on any appropriations bills that did not include more money for that stupid wall, despite a full budget without wall funding had already passed both houses - that BTW were both republican controlled - so did Republicans bribe the Republicans? Never mind, that was rhetorical.  What's stupid is he shut down the government for 35 days and ended up with virtually nothing for it, eventually stealing money from other already approved military projects and diverting them for the wall - you know things like housing for veterans, silly little things like that.  

The point the other poster was making was that it's not just the dems who have to give in. The republicans will have to compromise too or risk a shut down if in this case the house cannot/will not pass a budget.  

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

That actually not how it works at.

then goes on to explain the way the negations take place. LOL.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

The point the other poster was making was that it's not just the dems who have to give in. The republicans will have to compromise too or risk a shut down if in this case the house cannot/will not pass a budget.  

yeah, I know that. Give and take. Bribe.. compromise.. whatever.

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

then goes on to explain the way the negations take place. LOL.

yeah, I know that. Give and take. Bribe.. compromise.. whatever.

You can make snarky comments all you want but you know you purposely stated it as if the dems had to compromise - and you ridiculously used bribe again inferring its all on the dems. And you called out the process incorrectly. You got called out on it. Again, snark does not change that.

42 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You can make snarky comments all you want but you know you purposely stated it as if the dems had to compromise - and you ridiculously used bribe again inferring its all on the dems. And you called out the process incorrectly. You got called out on it. Again, snark does not change that.

Because that’s how the senate and house works.  Senate Republicans have their own ideal budget i’m sure they would love to pass, but democrats won’t pass it. 

Republicans have to compromise is what I opened with.  In this context, what is the difference between a bribe and compromise?

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

SWAT about to bust through Nancy's door 

Can Pelosi be impeached?🤞

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He referenced Kevin McCarthy: "man, did you do a job!"

...was what my grandpa would say if he discovered that you hadn't dumped & cleaned the chamber pot...:ols:

(my grandparents didn't have indoor plumbing)

Wasn't it McCarthy who was caught on a recording saying he thinks Putin pays Trump?

Two days ago the media was like "The Dems are in trouble, Trump was amazing at SOTU." It's like the media forgets who Trump is at times. This is who he is. This is why the Dems are not at all in trouble. Maybe his diehards laughed at today but what he did today is how he will lose...I hope and pray. 

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Two days ago the media was like "The Dems are in trouble, Trump was amazing at SOTU." It's like the media forgets who Trump is at times. This is who he is. This is why the Dems are not at all in trouble. Maybe his diehards laughed at today but what he did today is how he will lose...I hope and pray. 

Sorry Hersh, but I don't think hopes and prayers are gonna get you there in this case.

Trump will prevail in the EC by the same amount or slightly less than what he did in 2016. I can see him losing maybe one of the three key states (PA, MI, WI) that Hillary was heavily favored in that was key to his win, but that's it. 

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Sorry Hersh, but I don't think hopes and prayers are gonna get you there in this case.

Trump will prevail in the EC by the same amount or slightly less than what he did in 2016. I can see him losing maybe one of the three key states (PA, MI, WI) that Hillary was heavily favored in that was key to his win, but that's it. 

This seems to be contradicted by the 2018 election though. He lost tons of ground in places where he did very well in 2016, and in important states. He's bleeding voters over time, but since he's only focused on catering to his base (so they can make him feel worshiped) he isn't getting any of them back and isn't picking up new voters from anywhere else. He's going to have a tough time of it I think. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

This seems to be contradicted by the 2018 election though. He lost tons of ground in places where he did very well in 2016, and in important states. He's bleeding voters over time, but since he's only focused on catering to his base (so they can make him feel worshiped) he isn't getting any of them back and isn't picking up new voters from anywhere else. He's going to have a tough time of it I think. 

People are a lot less passionate about his cronies than they are for him. His approval rating is the highest it’s ever been and his approval on the economy is the highest it’s ever been. I think you should discount the results of the 2018 elections.

Couple in a candidate like Bernie or Buttiejug and Trumps task becomes a lot easier....

I think Warren or Biden are the only two candidates that have a real shot at beating trump... 

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

People are a lot less passionate about his cronies than they are for him. His approval rating is the highest it’s ever been and his approval on the economy is the highest it’s ever been. I think you should discount the results of the 2018 elections.

Couple in a candidate like Bernie or Buttiejug and Trumps task becomes a lot easier....

I think Warren or Biden are the only two candidates that have a real shot at beating trump... 

Discount the results of the 2018 election? Why? Why shouldn't you just discount his approval, as it fluctuates all the time? Can you give me examples of recent local polls in counties of swing states where he lost up to 20% of his 2016 voters in 2018 that show him back to anywhere near his approval before? You're basically pulling this out of your tuchus.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Impeachment is over so no need to keep Mulvaney in house anymore.

Meadows has been auditioning for a job in the admin for years now. 

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

His approval rating is the highest it’s ever been

Almost 50%.  

There's a chance that if it continues, he won't be the first President in history to never break 50%.  

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Discount the results of the 2018 election? Why?

"Doesn't fit the agenda that I insist I don't have."  

Trump's approval rating was high right before the 2018 midterms when he went campaigning. And the economy was doing well. And the Kavanaugh hearings were thought to have energized the Republican base. And the RNC was raising twice the $$$ the DNC was raising all year long. And the Democrats were supposedly demoralized after the Kavanaugh hearings. That's why many people thought this was going to be a red wave election and I think Trump thought it was going to be a red wave too which is why he had a nasty temper the day after the complete opposite happened. Republicans had every advantage possible going there way, except for the fact that Trump made that midterm election a referendum on himself and stuck his nose in deep and said vote as if I'm on the ballot.

Archived