Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Mysterious spacecraft tracking US spy satellites is 'Russian doll' weapon

A pair of mysterious objects are shadowing a US spy satellite as it orbits hundreds of miles above the Earth’s surface.

They are thought to be Russian satellites that are gathering information on the multi-billion dollar American spacecraft.

General John “Jay” Raymond, commander of the US Space Force, described the situation as “dangerous.”

Telling reporters that the US government has protested against the Russian move through diplomatic channels, he said: “We view this behaviour as unusual and disturbing,” Raymond says. “It has the potential to create a dangerous situation in space.”

This is the first time that the first time the US military has ever publicly identified a direct military threat against an American satellite.

Click on the link for the full article

11 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

looks like we should have created the space force a while ago...

I may be the only liberal who doesn't hate Space Force. I think the money could have gone to better causes and more immediate needs but the citizens of this country really wouldn't know the answers to why we need a presence above our atmosphere like the govt would. 

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

I may be the only liberal who doesn't hate Space Force. I think the money could have gone to better causes and more immediate needs but the citizens of this country really wouldn't know the answers to why we need a presence above our atmosphere like the govt would. 

What if I told you that citizens of this country make up the government.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

What if I told you that citizens of this country make up the government.

Ah but nowadays they become assimilated like the Borg. 😁

I mean that IF there is a need for a Space Force to combat some entity not of this world, we would not be "in the know." As for a more realistic need for such a force to combat our fellow earthlings (Russierrrr, if ya listeniiiing), there could be a space race in competition for that technology. 

Justice Dept. to reduce sentencing recommendation for Trump associate Roger Stone, official says, after president calls it ‘unfair’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-to-reduce-sentencing-recommendation-for-trump-associate-roger-stone-official-says-after-president-calls-it-unfair/2020/02/11/ad81fd36-4cf0-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html

The Justice Department plans to reduce its sentencing recommendation for longtime President Trump confidant Roger Stone, after top officials were apparently blindsided by the seven-to-nine year penalty prosecutors urged a judge to impose, a senior Justice Department official said Tuesday.

In a stunning rebuke of career prosecutors that will surely raise questions about political meddling in the case, a senior Justice Department official said the department “was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the Roger Stone case last night.”

“That recommendation is not what had been briefed to the department,” the official said. “The department finds the recommendation extreme and excessive and disproportionate to Stone’s offenses. The department will clarify its position later today.”

The statement came hours after President Trump tweeted of the sentence prosecutors recommended, “This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” The senior Justice Department official, though, said the decision to revise prosecutors’ recommendation came before Trump’s tweet.

Stone was convicted by a jury in November of lying to Congress and tampering with a witness. His was the last conviction secured by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III as part of his investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Gross. 

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

I don't hate the concept of a "Space Force."  I just think that the current administration does not have the capability to create a competent, effective organization and once they stand up an incompetent sham it will be extremely hard to fix it.  "Space Force" is also a stupid name.  

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm skeptical that Flynn and Stone will do any real prison time. Maybe 30 days for Stone. Flynn won't be punished.

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't hate the concept of a "Space Force."  I just think that the current administration does not have the capability to create a competent, effective organization and once they stand up an incompetent sham it will be extremely hard to fix it.  "Space Force" is also a stupid name.  

Let Ivanka design the uniforms?  (For a fee.)  

Archived