Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

29 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I wish the commentary would stop that we have a great economy now, it's so misleading. If all presidents started deficit spending over a trillion dollars while in an already solid economy, of course the numbers will look great. The fact that we have over trillion dollar deficits should be causing a bit of a panic. The moment we have a slow down, we are ****ed. 

How good would the Obama recovery look if deficits stayed over a trillion dollars every year he was in office?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Notorious corruption fighter, Donald Trump, commuting a guy who tried to sell a Senate seat.

Do you have any evidence that he tried to sell a Senate seat? Not that you can believe evidence. I’m not sure why we really even need evidence. We don’t have any evidence that Mueller is corrupt but we all know it’s true. Anyway, Trump is President so I win!! The Age of the Moron is upon you. Roll Tide mother****ers!!

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I think all these pardons should be credited to Susan Collins, Lamar Alexander and Lisa Murkowski.

Now now... Senator Collins is reportedly very concerned about these pardons but she is certain...errrr....hopeful that the President has learned from the backlash not to do it again....

No corruption is too small. Circle the wagons of wealth that will hand him the reins for life.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-declares-himself-chief-law-enforcement-officer-barr-doj-2020-2

And now Trump says he is the Chief Law enforcement officer in the country.

I am the State.

Oops! More steps down the paths we've seen in the worst parts of history.

... but i'm probably just sounding stupid.

~Dang

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

I wish the commentary would stop that we have a great economy now, it's so misleading. If all presidents started deficit spending over a trillion dollars while in an already solid economy, of course the numbers will look great. The fact that we have over trillion dollar deficits should be causing a bit of a panic. The moment we have a slow down, we are ****ed. 

How good would the Obama recovery look if deficits stayed over a trillion dollars every year he was in office?

I don't understand why this point isn't made every time in places like CNN.  The economy isn't doing well.  We are where we are because of huge deficit  spending.  The very thing that the Republicans fought Obama on.

It would probably more useful if we went to talking about deficit/GDP in 2019 was 5.1%.  The largest since 2012, and from what is being reported, it will be even larger this year.  And minus the years of the great recession, that's the greatest value since 1983.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

I really don’t think any politician deserves credit for a good economy. Economic growth is more likely out of a presidents control, if they could control it would be a science and every president would have a great economy.  I doubt they can cause bad economies either, but, if i had to guess they can more easily hurt the economy than help it...  think all the law changes that took place under president bushes tenure that led to the banking crisis.  

Also, comparing gdp growth in the years following a recession to gdp growth now is apples to oranges. Most of the deficit spending is spending on things democrats want, the only difference between now is that there is less tax revenue coming in.

Besides, this seems to show debt increased a lot during Obama’s years in office and has flattened out in the later part of his tenure and through most of Trumps.  High deficit spending should add to the national debt, but it’s not under trump so i think at least that part of your premise is wrong.

image.thumb.jpeg.a439b1ea32e6e5731649cfd7fe091677.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I really don’t think any politician deserves credit for a good economy. Economic growth is more likely out of a presidents control, if they could control it would be a science and every president would have a great economy.  I doubt they can cause bad economies either, but, if i had to guess they can more easily hurt the economy than help it...  think all the law changes that took place under president bushes tenure that led to the banking crisis.  

Also, comparing gdp growth in the years following a recession to gdp growth now is apples to oranges. Most of the deficit spending is spending on things democrats want, the only difference between now is that there is less tax revenue coming in.

Besides, this seems to show debt increased a lot during Obama’s years in office and has flattened out in the later part of his tenure and through most of Trumps.  High deficit spending should add to the national debt, but it’s not under trump so i think at least that part of your premise is wrong.

1.  We are spending money because of Democratic and Republican priorities.  The wall, increased border enforcement, and defense spending are huge costs.

2.  Your graph is not debt, but debt vs. GDP.  That makes recession look particularly bad because the GDP goes down.  Even if you hold the line and don't add to the debt at all during a recession, the debt vs. GDP will go up (because GDP went down).

Here's a good source for data like this.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/203064/national-debt-of-the-united-states-per-capita/

That's debt per capita (per a person), and you can see it's still going up

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

1.  We are spending money because of Democratic and Republican priorities.  The wall, increased border enforcement, and defense spending are huge costs.

Trump didn’t get money for wall, and we would likely need to spend money on increased boarder enforcement and defense anyway.... Did those costs also go up under Obama?

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

2.  Your graph is not debt, but debt vs. GDP.  That makes recession look particularly bad because the GDP goes down.  Even if you hold the line and don't add to the debt at all during a recession, the debt vs. GDP will go up (because GDP went down).

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  I was wondering what caused the huge jump, didn’t think about gdp going down...

Archived