Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Trump using his cronies to prevent the release of his tax returns? Shocker.  Also, how is it Mnuchin's call as to whether there is any legislative purpose for seeing the returns?  Is it required that he be briefed on pending or potential legislation OR is it simply the law that the tax returns be turned over if properly requested by the Ways & Means committee?  

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I thought it was as simple as “the house asks and then receives the tax information” since that is what is legally binding.

Nope, not that simple at all.

There are many conditions and requirements on releasing tax info....on anyone

16 minutes ago, twa said:

Pretty sure the requirement was that congress asked and the condition was that they wanted them.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty sure the requirement was that congress asked and the condition was that they wanted them.

you would be ignoring much.

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The chairmen of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee have had the authority since 1924 to obtain the tax returns of any American, and the law stipulates that the Treasury secretary “shall furnish” the information once it is requested. This law was put in place during the Harding administration because of financial improprieties that stemmed from the Teapot Dome scandal.

There is a reason no one is putting their name to the the defense Mnuchin is making up.

1 hour ago, twa said:

42 minutes ago, twa said:

you would be ignoring much.

Would you care to enlighten us by citing specific code that supports your position?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Would you care to enlighten us by citing specific code that supports your position?

Nope, I will not enable your laziness.

I will give you a hint, it is limited to oversight and legislative needs.....and the narrow request by the committee exposes the lack.

10 minutes ago, twa said:

I will give you a hint, it is limited to oversight and legislative needs.....and the narrow request by the committee exposes the lack.

So just to be clear, you make a claim then fail to provide any code that backs up your position?  I can't believe you of all people would do that!

giphy (1).gif

8 hours ago, twa said:

Oversight. Notice Mnuchin avoided that word.

27 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Oversight. Notice Mnuchin avoided that word.

Did you notice how focused the request was?

Now if the cowards would start impeachment proceedings the narrow focus is justifiable, till then they are overstepping.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Now if the cowards would start impeachment proceedings the narrow focus is justifiable, till then they are overstepping.

Thats right. You take a stand for what you believe in TWA

2 hours ago, twa said:

Did you notice how focused the request was?

You can't overstep an unlimited authority.  "Shall."  The end.  No limits or preconditions, "shall," and that's it.

Chris Wray has been surprising in how much of a straight man he's been.

Odds he gets fired on twitter rising.

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

You can't overstep an unlimited authority.  "Shall."  The end.  No limits or preconditions, "shall," and that's it.

Yet there are limits that exist outside of that section.

Right.

All I am asking for is an explanation for what authority does Mnuchin simply get to say "Nah dawg." 

It seems pretty clear the Ways & Means committee wants the tax returns to examine for any case of conflicts of interest. 

Other than the Hannitzed Bubble on Fox, how is that "overstepping authority?"  

Look, we all know by now it is clear Trump does not want his tax returns looked at, by you, me, (the public), congress, etc etc etc.......however just because that is what he wants, it doesn't mean he gets. There are still laws in place so it seems like this entire tax return situation is about 2-3 steps away from Trump having to abide by the law or another case of "because the President says so."

Archived