Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

White men killing innocent brown and black people is the ultimate act of heroism in the eyes of conservatives. Has been true throughout US history. 

Trump is decades of pent up rage against America’s acceptance of minorities and drift towards social liberalism. Deep down inside, every conservative voter wants a return of the times when laws existed only to subjugate minorities and white men had complete immunity to kill, rape and enslave. That’s when America was truly great.

Pardoning murders in the military is slightly more acceptable than say, pardoning Dylan Roof, but the idea is the same. A signal to your hardcore base that murdering brown people is good and the government will support you as long as we control it.

I wonder if Steven Miller had a hand in the roll-out of these pardons.

Part of me is envisioning a completely unbelievable world in which these pardons cause the military vote to vote Dem, just for this one election.  (Maybe Syria might be a factor, too.)  

Pretty sure it's not gonna happen.  But it's an amusing fantasy.  

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

In your opinion would you (or will others in the Navy) treat Gallagher differently or as "not a real Chief" now that he technically has that position back?

Let me caveat my response with a few things.  A full explanation would be extremely difficult and would require explaining some things that only happen behind closed doors.  The decision would not be "mine" but a group decision after a group discussion.  Also, it would partly depend on under what circumstances he was coming to my Mess.  Was he just passing through for a beer or needed a hand cleaning his gutters?  Or would he be coming to work at our command and be an active member of our Mess.  Also I don't remember all the particulars of his case.  I know a lot of people with him said he did some bad **** but also believe that his prosecutors were found to have to have broken a lot of rules and he was only ever actually convicted of posing with a body.  Seems to me that there is much more to the story.  Lastly, I've dealt with a number of operators and their Chiefs are different to say the least.

That said, a lot of what it takes to be considered a Chief (vs an E-7) is trust in the Mess and that means no secrets.  So I'm sure he would be given an opportunity to address the Mess before he was just brought in as any other brother.  And it would depend on what he said and how much he was believed.  Without knowing many of the things listed, I will lean towards saying he would be accepted as a real Chief.  It is assumed that at some point he went through initiation and was accepted.  It takes a lot to lose that acceptance (though it isn't exactly rare either) and a simple conviction of posing with a dead body when he is/was a Chief operator wouldn't be enough to lose that acceptance IN MY OPINION.  

Finally, because of the high vis nature of his case, I'm sure that "suggested guidance" would be passed down from the MCPON with input from the Fleet/Force Master Chiefs.  And that would play a big role also.

I consider Gallagher to be complete scum, but if I were still enlisted I would be required to address him as "Chief" or face a page 13 reprimand for insubordination. (I've been out since 86, but that's my recollection. )

I also think the other Chiefs would address him by his name & not rank. (And probably avoid him like a non-saluted head in deck berthing.) :806: 

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I also think the other Chiefs would address him by his name & not rank. 

I don't know about your day but today, this would be a sign of respect.  One Chief referring to another by rank (depending on situation) is a sign they consider that person to be an E-7.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Let me caveat my response with a few things.  A full explanation would be extremely difficult and would require explaining some things that only happen behind closed doors.  The decision would not be "mine" but a group decision after a group discussion.  Also, it would partly depend on under what circumstances he was coming to my Mess.  Was he just passing through for a beer or needed a hand cleaning his gutters?  Or would he be coming to work at our command and be an active member of our Mess.  Also I don't remember all the particulars of his case.  I know a lot of people with him said he did some bad **** but also believe that his prosecutors were found to have to have broken a lot of rules and he was only ever actually convicted of posing with a body.  Seems to me that there is much more to the story.  Lastly, I've dealt with a number of operators and their Chiefs are different to say the least.

That said, a lot of what it takes to be considered a Chief (vs an E-7) is trust in the Mess and that means no secrets.  So I'm sure he would be given an opportunity to address the Mess before he was just brought in as any other brother.  And it would depend on what he said and how much he was believed.  Without knowing many of the things listed, I will lean towards saying he would be accepted as a real Chief.  It is assumed that at some point he went through initiation and was accepted.  It takes a lot to lose that acceptance (though it isn't exactly rare either) and a simple conviction of posing with a dead body when he is/was a Chief operator wouldn't be enough to lose that acceptance IN MY OPINION.  

Finally, because of the high vis nature of his case, I'm sure that "suggested guidance" would be passed down from the MCPON with input from the Fleet/Force Master Chiefs.  And that would play a big role also.

Thanks very much for the response. Very informative. 

*Wakes up. Gets coffee. Sits at office desk and goes to twitter to see what's trending.*  

"Hmmmm. Let's see here. #TrashyStefenik still trending. :806: #WalterReedHospital okay. That would figure. #womem  .......wait....what?   Oh no. Now what?" 

*Click* 

Sigh.   Whatever they gave him at Walter Reed is still working or they didn't give him nearly enough. 

Archived