Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I know lots of people don;t like Paul Krugman.... but the fact of the matter is that he is almost never wrong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/donald-trump-and-his-team-of-morons/ar-BBSfTGW

...  You can’t fully make sense of his policy pratfalls without acknowledging the extraordinary quality of the people with whom he has surrounded himself. And by “extraordinary,” of course, I mean extraordinarily low quality. Lincoln had a team of rivals; Trump has a team of morons....

<more at the link>

This has been said before, but Trump truly is a poor man's concept of what being rich is like.  "If I ever win the lottery man, I'm going to buy 400 lbs of McDonalds.  No wait, 400 lbs of McDonalds, Wendys AND Burger King.  And DOMINOES."  

Also, I'm actually surprised he went with Dominoes over Papa Johns given that Papa Johns is the official pizza of telling black people to STFU (and the worst quality national pizza chain). 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This has been said before, but Trump truly is a poor man's concept of what being rich is like.  "If I even win the lottery man, I'm going to buy 400 lbs of McDonalds.  No wait, 400 lbs of McDonalds, Wendys AND Burger King.  And DOMINOES."  

Also, I'm actually surprised he went with Dominoes over Papa Johns given that Papa Johns is the official pizza of telling black people to STFU (and the worst quality national pizza chain). 

He reeks of a person that all research has suggested he is.  Wealthy on someone else's accord. He doesn't act like a person who knows how to actually earn money or build something from the ground up.  He is no businessman, he is a con artist that was propped up by the ugly methods his father built the family fortune. That was Trump's education into the business world. 

some of these dems like hirono and blumenthals are so pathetic in terms of how unfocused/inarticulate their q's are and they had all the time in the world and similar recent committee experiences to hone their inquiries and to still look so lame as this half the time....

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

some of these dems like hirono and blumenthals are so pathetic in terms of how unfocused/inarticulate their q's are and they had all the time in the world and similar recent committee experiences to hone their inquiries and to still look so lame as this half the time....

Perhaps, but we still got some good info from his answers.

Not what we wanted to hear, but its worth knowing that he views the public report as the "AG" report, while the Mueller report stays confidential.  Vitally important point, which I think came out of Blumenthal's questioning.

And I think it was Hirono who got him to say he might ignore ethics officials if he disagreed with their assessment of his conflicts.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Part of why its so difficult to have any faith in them. 

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Taco Bell (not joking)

Thats what my nephew has always said 9 shots in. 

16 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Not what we wanted to hear, but its worth knowing that he views the public report as the "AG" report, while the Mueller report stays confidential.  Vitally important point, which I think came out of Blumenthal's questioning.

And I think it was Hirono who got him to say he might ignore ethics officials if he disagreed with their assessment of his conflicts.

it's hardly a one off for those two---they come off partisan-spinning/clueless often enough...basic politicos but without any glaring malign tendencies.......barr gave/repeated answers to the mentioned q's to several members over time, and the report process is knowledge in the public record even if posters, politicos, and pundits didn't know it

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's hardly a one off for those two---they come off partisan-spinning/clueless often enough...basic politicos but without any glaring malign tendencies.......barr gave/repeated answers to the mentioned q's to several members over time, and the report process is knowledge in the public record even if posters, politicos, and pundits didn't know it

That's fair, but its worth knowing how Barr will act on Mueller's report/investigation.

Ultimately, his answers basically confirm that he is not gonna recuse and will reserve unto himself the right to meddle in what the public sees.  Whether he uses that, we'll have to see, but given how out of his way he goes to avoid giving a straight yes or no to questions involving Mueller, I can't imagine he doesn't exercise at least some editorial power.

At a minimum, I suspect he strikes basically the whole obstruction case from the public view.  He never liked it from the get go.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

He won't be AG forever.  Maybe the report doesn't come out early enough to use as a cudgel against Trump's reelection campaign, although it certainly looks right now like Trump is going to lose without it.  What's important, long-term, for American democracy is that Trump is eventually exposed as entirely corrupt and the entire right-wing apparatus that supported him is metaphorically walked through the streets like Cersei Lannister.  

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

He reeks of a person that all research has suggested he is.  Wealthy on someone else's accord. He doesn't act like a person who knows how to actually earn money or build something from the ground up.  He is no businessman, he is a con artist that was propped up by the ugly methods his father built the family fortune. That was Trump's education into the business world. 

As a lifetime bartender/server, one of my most popular sayings is "Money cannot buy class...well, maybe if you spell it with a capital K..." 👍

I ranted at work all day...if I would've been able to make it happen, we woulda shipped take n bake lasagna refrigerated. I actually had a plan when I heard that he would be so shallow as to think that **** was good enough for NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, something he knows nothing about being. 

What a ****in loser. Ask any team that visited Obama.

Archived