Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

You know what, though? **** his base.  **** em all. Let them wallow in their delusion.  The Special Counsel doesn't give a crap about his "base."  Enough sane, right-minded people have been energized to turn this clown loose - either by demanding justice through their representatives once everything is laid out in the special counsel report or by turning him out at the ballot box in 2020 if it comes down to that.

At this point his base consists of low-information and - likely - low intelligence, rubes, or right wing cynics who poison the public discourse and don't care if they damage the institutions on which our democracy is based.  So **** his base.

Yeah he could and probabaly would lose the 2020 election, but that base support will keep the Rep from allowing him to be removed from office. 

I didn’t want to make this its own thread so I’ll just rant here. 

Im going through a really weird identity crisis. Generally speaking the 30 years of my life have amounted to 1) big time Redskins fan (you know how to tell I have season tickets? Don’t worry, I’ll tell you) 2) plugged-in-to-politics conservative

And now all I can think is 1) I’m embarassed everyone knows how big of a skins fan I am. I asked my wife to tell her family to not buys me Redskins stuff for Christmas. It just makes me angry. 

and 2) I’m embarassed I’ve argued for conservative ideas. Because even when I think the democrats are wrong, at least I know they’re wrong for the right reasons. 

Sucks. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m embarassed I’ve argued for conservative ideas. Because even when I think the democrats are wrong, at least I know they’re wrong for the right reasons.

Nothing wrong with conservative ideas and not your fault the GOP sucks. (Also, they don’t operate or govern with conservative values. Not on the federal level anyway.)

That Redskins thing though... can’t help you with that.

31 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

he’s no Christian at all. He’s just full of ****.

it's weird you how can see those two things as anything other than naturally, deeply, entwined :P

i kid i kid

everyone's full of ****

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nothing wrong with conservative ideas

But they’re so wrong....

economics, foreign policy, civilian rights. What part of the most important parts of our government, to you, do they get close to right on?

about the thing they get right is generic “you should live within your means” and even then they don’t practice what they preach. 

And its hard to not feel like conservatism=>trump. 

I don’t even have the will to argue it. 

Kind of like how when someone says everything Redskins is terrible I used to defend parts I thought were worth defending. Now I don’t even care. **** it, you’re right. Everything related to them is terrible and I’m ashamed I ever idendtified with them. 

I dont know what to say anymore. Which is a huge reason I haven’t posted much at all. What is left to say?

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

<delete loser 's plea for compassion >

you left out some important stuff

you're well under proper height

your music library screams sensory deprivation as a fetus

i hate to out you completely, but people familiar with the matter say your feet and ears would keep a gibbon hiding in shame

i'll be back if i think of other stuff for you

you're also mod directed to keep posting

When I had my little come to Jesus moment and realized all my friends were still in the movies and my wife is sleeping, I decided to post it in es

”jumbo will be right there to **** all over it” was not in my list of anticipated responses. 

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I didn’t want to make this its own thread so I’ll just rant here. 

Im going through a really weird identity crisis. Generally speaking the 30 years of my life have amounted to 1) big time Redskins fan (you know how to tell I have season tickets? Don’t worry, I’ll tell you) 2) plugged-in-to-politics conservative

And now all I can think is 1) I’m embarassed everyone knows how big of a skins fan I am. I asked my wife to tell her family to not buys me Redskins stuff for Christmas. It just makes me angry. 

and 2) I’m embarassed I’ve argued for conservative ideas. Because even when I think the democrats are wrong, at least I know they’re wrong for the right reasons. 

Sucks. 

Just pointing out one non-trivial difference. 

You're ashamed to to be a Redskins because of 30 years of losing. 

You're ashamed to be a conservative because they've been succeeding for 30 years. 

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

You can come smoke a bowl with me anytime, maybe that'll help some?

How do all of you guys have weed all the time? I never have weed.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out one non-trivial difference. 

You're ashamed to to be a Redskins because of 30 years of losing. 

You're ashamed to be a conservative because they've been succeeding for 30 years. 

😳

Whoa! That’s a good ****ing point.Whoa! That’s a good ****ing point.

edit: Guess Trump was right. He did get tired of winning.

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I dont know what to say anymore. Which is a huge reason I haven’t posted much at all. What is left to say?

I get it...a few years ago I would type out all kinds of mean things to you & happily post them. I couldn't even think of doing that now, to you or anyone. While I'm happy (to a small degree) that you're coming around, I want you to know that you're not alone with that "hopeless" feeling...the team we've loved since our childhood is almost completely defunct (without AP, it would be😉), and our government is falling apart. 

But hanging together & supporting each other is the best we can do right now. :1386:

43 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Redskins are in far better shape than the GOP right now.  Break out of the beltway media sphere and have a few shots with some Bills fans...that’ll get ya some perspective.

I have some Bills fans in my family. Thank God we haven't had to play the Patriots twice a year for the last 15 years.

i don't know how much longer i'll be around. four thousand years plus is starting to take its toll.

but while i am it's up to me to do my part make sure some of the more fragile of you can survive in the wild.

it falls on me to regularly remind you that life is hard in the mean streets.

it's like cap said at the battle of ny---"if you get killed, walk it off..."

in a few minutes, i will go yank a living thing out of its natural habitat, tricking it with the lure of nourishment, beat it to death with a club, then fry it and devour it.

compassion is but an anchor when it's time for breakfast by the river.

walk it off, t-ball :)

@tshile  .. it's ok to change your mind, because like me, your mind hasn't changed..   you still believe the same values.

what's changed is the party around you. You have resisted the manipulations and seen as the propaganda has changed those around you.

I used to be a self identifying conservative, spent plenty of Bush's time in here arguing for the war.. but as the field continued to change and their ideals continued to charge further from  mine, my identifiers changed.

Now i am sure any visitor to the board thinks i am a liberal even though I'm not,, i'm vehemently anti-GOP.

But those solid conservative values i value,, free market, strong defense and as little gov't intrusion as possible.. they are still viable, and i still hold them.

But in so far as that party believes, they are buried beneath radical social agendas, hatred, racist policies, supremacist ideals, potential massive treason,  and outright fleecing the American people.

So while it can be hard to make that adjustment .. realize it's OK. it does not weaken you or your values to recognize that the line of right and left shifted radically beneath your feet.

We are our own sub-group now. I think there are far many more of us that are abandoned by those charged with promoting those simple ideals into the national discourse.

Welcome. Take off your shoes and perch a while.

~Bang

Archived