Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016/2017 Winter Weather Thread

ixcuincle

On 3/11/2017 at 11:25 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

Possibility? Sure. However I'd be very much not surprised to see this thing get pushed a little further east and D.C. area get only an inch or two of slushy snow. Very sharp cutoff for moisture, and down south where I am also a very sharp cutoff for the rain/snow line. 

This held up. I got around an inch. I'm seeing inside the beltway was around 1-2". Damn March storms.

10 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Got about 7" in Round Hill. A little less on the asphalt. Heavy, wet snow. Woulda broke my back with a shovel, but the snow blower made it a breeze. 

Never even got to fire mine up, nothing but slush and sleet here. What a letdown

Weather Service expected less snow but decided last minute not to cut forecast

WASHINGTON -- Before the first snow fell, U.S. meteorologists realized there was a good chance the late-winter storm wasn't going to produce giant snow totals in big Northeast cities as predicted.

But they didn't change their forecasts because they said they didn't want to confuse the public.

National Weather Service meteorologists in Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington held a conference call Monday afternoon about computer models that dramatically cut predicted snow amounts. They decided to keep the super snowy warnings.

Click on the link for the full article

• 4 months later...

Meh.  It's been worse.  I went for a 15 min walk at lunch, and while it was hot (92 degrees at the time) and I worked up a sweat, I've definitely experienced worse.  Especially the year it was about 100 on my wife's birthday when I was outside grilling.  Brutal.

Our A/C is out as well (or at least half of it is, we have a 2 zone system) and has been all week.  But fortunately the half that is working is managing to keep the rest of the house at a reasonable temperature.  The good news is the A/C repair people are coming tomorrow.

On 7/20/2017 at 1:25 PM, mcsluggo said:

giphy.gif

That line is so Beavis & Butthead.  My dad has just started to enjoy them, cracks him up.  Gotta get him that movie.

Hello Winter Weather Thread.

Could use a good foot-uh-snow right now.  Stagnant, humid, 100 degree weather in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Thinking about moving back home next year.  Weather sucks, uhhhhuhuhuh.

Archived