Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

KingGibbs

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

But taking the moral high ground here sounds oftly judgemental to me. Imo its pretty silly to try and relate to a professional athlete on the rules about their body and drug testing. 

Then don't play professional sports if you don't want to be drug tested and risk failing one causing you suspensions and possibly your job for continued failed tests.  He signed up for it, he rolled the dice and got burned.  

It's not a moral high ground I'm taking.  I could care less if people do drugs as long as they don't hurt or negatively impact another persons life.  I could care less that Trent smokes up, that's his business, I don't judge him.  With that said, he knew what could happen if he got caught and what could happen if he missed/skipped a drug test.  He got burned, plain and simple and I do not feel sorry for him or blame the NFL.  

I think it's silly to put athletes on a pedestal and think they should be allowed all these free passes they already get.  If anything, making millions of dollars to play a game should be motivation enough to not fail a drug test, especially when they know what window they will be tested in for recreational drugs.  

Thought he was smarter than that.  Thought he was about team and not about self.   I cant say much because of mistakes ive made in my life but its disappointing.  Would hope that he spends his time away from the game evaluating himself and what's important.   

Next man up.  

39 minutes ago, Bantu said:

This isn't about herb, or alcohol or whatever. It's about being punished for something you know they are actively trying to catch you doing. In the NFL, you KNOW when you'll be tested so there is no excuse when you caught not complying. 

It's like the Josh Norman situation from the Bengals game. You can certainly argue the refs were throwing ticky-tack flags, but after the 1st flag and you know they're watching any more flags are your own fault.

And yes, it should be legal. But it isn't, and the NFL/NFLPA enforces it's prohibition for their players.

I was never making my point out to be about herb/alcohol. I was pointing out the absurdity of the post I was quoting.

Trent did something that the NFL prohibits, simple as that. It's not Mara or Goodell whipping up a conspiracy. Anyone trying to defend him just needs to accept that Trent is a buffoon for smoking pot. Or is it pot that made him a buffoon? :)

For the record, guys like Randy Gregory are buffoons too.

I'm not as disappointed in this as most of you are.

Well maybe that's because it really doesn't surprise me. This team finds a way to lose games they should win in many many different ways.

It's Kirk's fault

• Matt Jones blew the game

D.Jackson sucks

Kicker can't hit a field goal

Joe Barry is horrible 

Gruden  doesn't know what he's doing.

Josh Norman can only play on one side of the field.

Each and every week this team from year to year just disappoints the s*** out of me. 

So really I just watch and laugh anymore.

Will I stop being a Skins fan.Nope never

Do I also hate this team. Your damn right I do.

So Trent add yourself to the list of disappointments that is this team.

I'm just a sad fan that sees the future and the future with this team was no playoffs with Trent. Now without Trent, guess what still no playoffs.

See you in 4 weeks Trent, when we'll all be glad you're  back even though does it really matter that you weren't here.

I'll never again change my avi because no matter how good things seem with DC Sports, sadness is ALWAYS right around the corner

Just now, zoony said:

Wonder if they will just plug Nsekhe in at LT, or if we will see some shuffling along the line

Apparently, they really rate him highly so I'm pretty sure he'll go to LT.

We'll see

Don't see how it makes him any less of a leader ON the field.

He shouldn't have done it.

But it's a very stupid rule.  Especially since players can go out to the club, drink themselves sick and it's A-OK.  As well they're prescribed horribly addictive opiates that aren't all that different from heroine. 

I'm just glad it's only 4 games and who knows, maybe we'll find another great player in the process.

Starting Ty at LT will give us an indication whether LT is a position we might look to grab a sleeper at next year.  Trent's no kid anymore and his body has taken a pounding.  There's a silver lining in this in that the rest he gets may do us better in the medium term if Ty can hold up.  (Is that on topic?)

4 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Skins gave a huge multi year deal to a player with a drug history/habit and it blew back in their faces.  Bad news for the team and a big question mark going forward, can they count on this guy?  Doesn't look like it to me.

From what I understand this move by Trent allows the team to negate the 11million guarantee that he had in his contract for next season.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

He really let the team down. Sort of disappointed in him to be honest, he's my favorite player on the team

Is he still?  He WAS one of mine,  but that was when I thought we were past the failing drug tests, whatever he failed for.  He is supposed to be a leader,  a captain,  set the example for our young players to learn from.  Then he goes and does dome dumb **** like this,  whether it is ped's, marijuana,  or just missing a test.  He does not deserve the captain tag anymore.  Give it to a guy like Garcon or scherff who embody what we want as a player. 

I am so unbelievably disappointed in him. I was so excited rooting for a guy like him who I thought learned from his mistakes,  played like a warrior through injury,  and was a role model players and people could get behind.  Then he gets paid and STILL can't pass a drug test? No excuses.  I hope he as pissed about losing 1.6 million as KIRK AND Gruden should be about losing damn near the best left tackle in the league when in the midst of an extremely tight NFL East race. 

Strip the c,  show him this **** is no joke when it comes to the organization and what we as a franchise want and expect from our star players. Gruden can set a tone here and I fully expect it.  

9 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

From what I understand this move by Trent allows the team to negate the 11million guarantee that he had in his contract for next season.

Is that true? 

Because then this whole thing turns into good news for me if I'm being completely honest. :ols: 

That's a ton of cap relief. I'll take that for him missing 4 games this season any day, shyiiiiiiiiiiiiit. 

1 hour ago, Tarpon75 said:

As far as I can see, the only guarantee is for injury, and the contract becomes guaranteed on the third day of the league year. 

Voiding those guarantees is practically meaningless unless he gets hurt and we try to cut him.

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

As far as I can see, the only guarantee is for injury, and the contract becomes guaranteed on the third day of the league year. 

Voiding those guarantees is practically meaningless unless he gets hurt and we try to cut him.

Great, back to sadness. 

3 hours ago, JesseNeckred said:

Don't see how it makes him any less of a leader ON the field.

He shouldn't have done it.

But it's a very stupid rule.  Especially since players can go out to the club, drink themselves sick and it's A-OK.  As well they're prescribed horribly addictive opiates that aren't all that different from heroine. 

Because it shows a lack of discipline and professionalism. I don't care if the rules are stupid, you need to follow them. Trent know the rules and he choose to not follow them with the risk of getting suspended. He let the team down. His actions off the field have impact on the field. 

Archived