Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

36 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

I'll post this in the positive thread.  Not sure where to put it or if it has been mentioned.

But the Redskins are an NFL best on offense with only 6, three and out's this season.  That's a pretty stat.  Bein in the bottom 5 in redzone offense is what's killing them.  Oh wait that's a negative to balance it out.  So once again....

The Redskins are an NFL best on offense with only 6, three and out's this season

Actually, I have posted that several times starting when we had only 4 through 5 games and it's in the blog entry from TK. I agree it's an amazing statistic. It speaks to the offenses ability to move the ball.

RZ has been a problem. What's puzzling is that last year we were very good in the RZ. It's almost like they are not even trying many of the plays they used last year. But I believe they will get it together. Until last week we were getting a little better each game, and even last week if Jones holds the ball we win - simple as that. I expect them to come out pissed and play very aggressive against CN. They are beatable if the Skins play thier game.

So I go in the convenience store just a little bit ago and the clerk is a Eagles fan and another customer walked in and looked at him and said oh man your team just beat mine and the clerk said oh yeah you're a Vikings fan huh and so I said well yeah my team already manhandled your team and he said who do you like so I told him I'm a Redskins fan and he said oh here we go..I laughed and said yeah, but he didn't have much to say... Oh then I hollered to the Viking fan across the store and we're coming for you next!!...it felt positive.

Posted by Hap in BRBN: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/what-rift-redskins-defenders-say-theyre-on-same-page-as-coordinator-joe-barry/2016/10/27/bb2812c8-9c76-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html

Chris Baker picked up the phone to call Joe Barry. The Washington Redskins defensive end wasn’t required to do so on a Monday, but he felt the need to express himself again, this time directly to his defensive coordinator.

In the aftermath of a gut-wrenching loss to the Detroit Lions, Baker and Ricky Jean Francois had been critical of Barry’s play-calling on the game’s final drive, asking openly why the team didn’t send more pressure.

Twenty-four hours later, Baker called Barry to apologize.

click on the link for more

@TD_washingtonredskins (thought you'd like this in particular :) )

37 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I LOVE that. Class move by Baker - very mature. 

Yup really great to read this story (I should read much into BRBN - I would believe that the catchphrase up the forum are too small to tease guys in).

Shows us how our guys are smarts are bright. From the DE to the DC. They got excited and emotional, then the day after everybody went back to reason, had a meeting with the call, they debated it. Now it's fine.

I wouldn't even be surprise that at one point in the meeting Joe Barry said something along the lines of "Ok guys. Noted, I'll take this into account and try to call more aggressively next time so that suits everyone".

That's how smart guys works, and we are.

1 minute ago, MassSkinsFan said:

We could have folded, and would have if this game was last year. We didn't fold.

Great effort Skins!!!

I agree.  Kirk Cousins could reasonably have had us sitting at 6-2 after his play these past two weeks.  Defense folds in Detroit & Hopkins has a head-scratching miss in London.  Otherwise, ole #8 put us in position to Win BOTH TIMES IN THE CLUTCH!

But no one wants to examine his play in the context of ballgames beings decided...do they?

I think we're close to being a good team, we almost had our first out of division signature win and we are going toe to toe with everyone we play.  We are definitely a better team and with some defensive line help and a big receiver in place of Desean I think we're on pace to expect a playoff spot next year.

I think this year is tough because we have wasted too many opportunities BUT you never know.

Archived