Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

Just read the titles on the first page of our message board!!  Almost all of them are discussing or insinuating some sort of negative aspect of Washington Redskins football!  I for one would just like 1 THREAD to talk about the things we did well on a particular Sunday or game week. Whether you are happy about it or not, our beloved Redskins are 2-0 the past two weeks, let's discuss how this happened and maybe what we need to continue to do so after next week we are 3-0!!  

Discuss if you dare......give it a try, it might even feel good!!  

Since 4th quarter in the Giants game, there has been a noticeably greater emphasis on the run.  Play calling has shown more trust in the offensive line to open holes, and Jones has been running with more authority.  

Today, it was gratifying to see that Cousins didn't have to throw for 40 passes to win the game, as he had balance and support by the running game.  Also, today there were no more ill-advised and predictable fades called.  And Reed wasn't forgotten, but they made a point of getting him involved early (which he vindicated by scoring 2 TD's).  

And Norman got his pick.  

Best I can come up with.  Since this is a 'positive thread', I will not mention the defense or Barry.

What's the most important stat on D?  Takeaways!!!  We excel in that category!!  I believe we lead the league in fumbles forced and recovered.  

I loved the balanced attack to with the running game!  Arie played a pretty good game.

I was very excited that we scored in the RZ today.  And I was encouraged by the balanced attack which I trust the Skins will continue because it gave Jones confidence based upon his postgame comments.  Plus it takes pressure off Cousins and keeps D's a little more off balance.   It was so nice not to be so predictable on Offense.  

Our Defense is proving to be resilient and opportunistic, at least in 4th quarter in these past two games.   I really was pleasantly surprised today. 

Tress Way continues to be a weapon for our team, the defense was able to be opportunistic today because our punter pinned them deep.  It's nice to watch our team not struggle so mightily as we used to on special teams.  I walk out of the room for a drink or snack when Hopkins lines up for FG attempts, I know it's 3!!

I also liked how accurate Kirk was today, I believe he started 9-9!  I know the stats do not go towards his yards, but being aggressive with deep shots to D Jax accounted for almost 70 yards in penalties!  Kirk also moved the pocket a little bit with his feet today, it was some "steps" in the right direction.  

There is a "what's going right this season" thread that is pretty much the same, but you know what? 

I'll allow this.

I am a little disappointed at the general tone of the board, legit critiques or not. We've got to have a little more fun here and enjoy the little things.  :) 

7 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

There is a "what's going right this season" thread that is pretty much the same, but you know what? 

I'll allow this.

I am a little disappointed at the general tone of the board, legit critiques or not. We've got to have a little more fun here and enjoy the little things.  :) 

I apologize I didn't see that thread, but you're right, we won today and if you read thru the threads and posts it's like we lost. The tone in here is of a 0-4 team, not 2-2 and getting ready to hunt some rat birds!!!

Yeah, the board seems like we just had a loss for some reason, although I can't say the I'm not surprised.

It's the Browns, so it goes something to the tune of:

Lose - "You guys lost to the Browns, hahahahaha"

Win - "You beat the Browns, who cares?"

But conforming to the theme of this topic, there is definitely some positives to take away:

1. Josh Norman is for real

2. Our offense still isn't hitting on on full cylinders yet, even after dropping 31, which is downright SCARY/AWESOME!

3. Young talent shows signs of budding IE Cravens, Fuller, Murphy, Jones, and Crowder

I was real worried about Norman in that first half, but he balled in that second. It also made me feel better watching Julio torch Carolina for 300 big ones with no Norman back there, and reading all the Panthers fans angry on twitter about how stupid it was not to resign him.

22 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Trent Murphy is on pace for a 16 sack season.

8 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im positive this is the worst front 7 in the league :movefast:

At least you made me laugh!!  Look, I'm not delusional, we all see what it is, I vent during the games in the game thread like everyone here.  But, no matter how you wanna look at it, the Skins have won their last 2 and will roll into Baltimore next weekend!  

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Spencer Long seemed like he played well.

The O line in general is playing well, this unit gives Kirk and our weapons ample time and room to operate.  I'm really happy with how they are playing.  Another group seemingly getting better every week! 

Archived