Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, he said Murphy has had 5 sacks since the 2nd half of the Giants game--5 sacks in the last 10 quarters lol...

5 in 14 quarters is still pretty impressive, though.  Especially when you aren't a starter.

14 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I want to be positive, but that wind affected both of us today.

However, I do think very highly of Dunbar.

Also Love Hall as a footballer, but as a talent he's been over the hill for almost five years.

I was really hoping he'd transition to safety better. I think if he was bigger, SS would suit his skill set better. He's done. I've really been behind him the entire time he's been here too.

I like Dunbar a lot too. Big, smart, fast.

I know the wind affected us, which I'm assuming you're talking QBs. Flacco is good in that stadium and the wind. It made our play calling look as bad as the execution. If Hopkins can't hit an extra point, maybe lay off the bombs on 3rd and 1 a bit. Then especially don't do it again. Seriously, how often do we try something that didn't work more than once?

5 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

The Skins won on the road against the best defense in the league and have a 3 game win streak.  Cousin went 29-41 or 70% on a very windy day against a very tough pass defense and did I say the Skins have a 3 game win streak?  

I can't remember the last time the Skins had 3-game winning streaks in back-to-back seasons...maybe 2000-2001?

EDIT: oh wait, it was 2007-2008 seasons...

Ionidias looked really good today. I watched him break through on a boot, then break off pursuit and hold contain. Very smart play.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No lol...he has 4.5 sacks and 2.5 in the 10 quarters since the 2nd half of the Giants game.

2 in 2 quarters against the giants 

2 in 4 quarters against the Brown's 

1 in 4 quarters today.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ionidias looked really good today. I watched him break through on a boot, then break off pursuit and hold contain. Very smart play.

2 in 2 quarters against the giants 

2 in 4 quarters against the Brown's 

1 in 4 quarters today.

2 against the Cowboys

1 against the Giants

1 against the Browns

Half a sack today (unless it gets upgraded to a full sack).

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

LOL!! 

"When I was a kid, they took 7 points AWAY if you scored a touchdown! We won by getting 13 safeties!!"

I grew up in the 80s and it was tremendous.  But I'll hold this organization to the same standard that my old man did... and that's standard is "they've arrived when they can be winning by 20 and I'm still going to be yelling at the tv when they **** up, cause they can do better," lol

Packers doing work against the Giants.  Hopefully they can finish this one out and then get ready for the Cowboys.

We could be in first place next week if all goes well.

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I can't remember the last time the Skins had 3-game winning streaks in back-to-back seasons...maybe 2000-2001?

EDIT: oh wait, it was 2007-2008 seasons...

I remember watching this awesome youtube video of some guy losing his **** that we were losing to the Bengals in the 2008 season.  Man, if ever there was a time to get out of the business of having a .500 coach it was the end of that year.  Mercy...

But I was thinking after this game how nice it is to be going 3-2 after an 0-2 start instead of 3-2 after a 3-1 start.  I think we started 3-1 the first couple of years under Shanahan, but this has a different feel and we have better players.

I'm thrilled and frustrated at the same time.....thrilled at a 3 game winning streak and frustrated at many things, such as coaching and the inability to play the right players.......why did it take injuries to Bruton and Phillips to get Fuller and Ihenacho in there?    Even Stevie Wonder knows Fuller and Duke are better.

Why don't they realize Matt Jones is not a starter?

3-2...upwards and onwards

15 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I grew up in the 80s and it was tremendous.  But I'll hold this organization to the same standard that my old man did... and that's standard is "they've arrived when they can be winning by 20 and I'm still going to be yelling at the tv when they **** up, cause they can do better," lol

Packers doing work against the Giants.  Hopefully they can finish this one out and then get ready for the Cowboys.

We could be in first place next week if all goes well.

I can relate to your dad lol...I'd get pissed off if the opposing team got within 7 pts of the Redskins lol.

and the Giants, so far they have scored 25 pts in their last 10 quarters(!)...

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I can relate to your dad lol...I'd get pissed off if the opposing team got within 7 pts of the Redskins lol.

and the Giants, so far they have scored 25 pts in their last 10 quarters(!)...

I think our second half put the game plan out on them.

We haven't allowed a touchdown in the 6 second half quarters!  That's a dollar and a half! :rofl89:

Liked seeing Pierre Garcon get involved.  He's too good to be held down every game.

Defense stepped up for sure.  Got some pressure on Flacco which was encouraging.  I agree it was kind of weird they went away from the run, but hey our secondary stepped up.  Flacco missed a few passes but were were definitely taking away all long throws.

10 hours ago, DC9 said:

If you're bored (I normally do this every week late after a win for some reason) go peep some of the Ravens boards... they're ready to fire Trestman and some of them are ready to fire Harbaugh lol

I would guess that 16 boards a week (not factoring in the bye weeks) the same thing goes on at the others after a loss.  The internet age.

The Redskins just beat a good team on the basis of stifling defense and good special teams play! :thud: (faint)

Oh, and perhaps even more shocking than that... a correctly called ref reversal. Sure, in real time the refs tried to screw us, but the refs didn't actually steal the game!

Beating the Ravens on the road, huge win.  And to win thanks to the defense and special teams of all things, wow.   The offense hasn't IMO hit their stride yet and I think they will.  If the defense is even serviceable moving forward, they can win this division.  

Jamison Crowder IMO is emerging as a star slot WR -- PR.   

11 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm thrilled and frustrated at the same time.....thrilled at a 3 game winning streak and frustrated at many things, such as coaching and the inability to play the right players.......why did it take injuries to Bruton and Phillips to get Fuller and Ihenacho in there?    Even Stevie Wonder knows Fuller and Duke are better.

Why don't they realize Matt Jones is not a starter?

3-2...upwards and onwards

This is the positive thread. There are plenty of threads out there to **** on. Please respect the OP.

But to your question, in a positive manner - those players clearly had better camps. Also, Fuller is a rookie - Ioannidis too. Ihenacho was coming off his second lost year to injury. Also, he did not look that great in PS. Also, maybe they may have needed some more coaching and practice time before the coaches trusted them. There are a lot of rational reasons. But no one wants to ever give this staff the benefit of any doubt, ever. I remember many on the board lamenting that the team should move on from Ihenacho as "he will never be any good". Many complained about the Iaonnidis draft pick, Fuller too!

It's time to start giving this staff some credit, and that includes Jay Gruden! They are getting guys ready and putting them in a position to be successful and the guys are responding! It's a direct reflection on the coaches when replacements come in and do a good job - they are prepared and capable, something that could not be said for many of the past 15 to 20 years.

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's time to start giving this staff some credit, and that includes Jay Gruden! They are getting guys ready and putting them in a position to be successful and the guys are responding!

I tend to agree. This staff for two years has proven to be good teachers for the most part. I sometimes scratch my head at the x's and o's, time management, or play calling, but they deserve credit for developing players or getting more than a handful of players up to speed even if they were signed off the street that very week.

Archived