Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

9 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I think we need to start talking about our O-Line as one of the best in the league.

I've been saying that too. If we continue to fire running backs through 10 foot holes and give Cousins 7 seconds a throw, we will be.

I still want to see us be able to hammer a 3rd and 1 up the gut. I think that's missing, but who knows because we seem to try for 30 yard bombs when that situation happens. Damn it.

Looks like a few people are getting healthy and could be available. Not updated for today yet, but we can check later...DJax is saying he is playing. Reed? My guess is he doesn't play Sunday vs. the Lions but Spaight and Cravens might be in? Looks like a few lingering issues on a couple of guys as well.

http://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report.html 

NAME POSITION INJURY WED. THU. FRI. GAME STATUS
Baker, Chris DE Knee/Toe LP FP - -
Cravens, Su'a S Concussion LP FP - -
Doctson, Josh WR Achilles DNP DNP - -
Jackson, DeSean WR Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Jenkins, Cullen DL Not Injury Related - DNP - -
Long, Spencer G Knee LP FP - -
Murphy, Trent LB Shoulder/Knee LP FP - -
Norman, Josh CB Wrist FP FP - -
Phillips, Dashaun CB Hamstring FP FP - -
Reed, Jordan TE Concussion LP DNP - -
Spaight, Martrell LB Shoulder FP FP - -
Williams, Trent T Knee LP FP - -
  • Practice Status
  • DNP = Did not participate in practice
  • LP = Limited Participation in Practice - Less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • (-) = Not Listed = No practice status available
  • Game Status
  • Out = Player will not play
  • Doubtful = Player is unlikely to play
  • Questionable = Player is not certain to play
  • (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

Nice to see Cravens back, and especially Spaight. I played a LOT of LB in my day, and it's the position I key on most when watching games. Spaight, to me, has the best instincts for a LB in a Skins uni since London. I think (hope) he can be a valuable piece to keeping this defense in ascending mode for the second half of the season. 

7 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Nice to see Cravens back, and especially Spaight. I played a LOT of LB in my day, and it's the position I key on most when watching games. Spaight, to me, has the best instincts for a LB in a Skins uni since London. I think (hope) he can be a valuable piece to keeping this defense in ascending mode for the second half of the season. 

I LOVE how he played with the Razorbacks.. I'm a Game****s fan so i remember him and thought of him as a mini Ray Lewis. Just a musclebound rage monster with football instinct off the charts. I really want to see more of him at this level. 

“I read Michael Jordan refer to what he calls a ‘peak performer,’ and a peak performer is someone who equals or betters their last performance,” Barry said. “And even though we played well last week, it’s the challenge for us as coaches, but players love it [too]. They want that challenge.”

if you are going to model yourself in sports...can't go wrong with Jordan...

tumblr_ofguglyvWx1vo9o3xo1_400.jpg

I'm sure lots of y'all are GT fans...not trollin' just saying : )....Go Heels!!! : )

/ok maybe I am chummin' the waters a lil'

Kirk was very good today, 30-39 normally are the winning QB's numbers.  Obviously, the fumbles hurt, took all to important points off the board.  I accept the loss, however, I still feel like we are the better team moving forward.  I hate games where you have the feeling you are better but mistakes keep the other team around. In the NFL those mistakes will most likely result in losses.  

On to London!  

3 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Kirk was very good today, 30-39 normally are the winning QB's numbers.  Obviously, the fumbles hurt, took all to important points off the board.  I accept the loss, however, I still feel like we are the better team moving forward.  I hate games where you have the feeling you are better but mistakes keep the other team around. In the NFL those mistakes will most likely result in losses.  

On to London!  

I'm worried less about the loss and more about the injuries the team incurred today.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I'm worried less about the loss and more about the injuries the team incurred today.

Agreed, but all we can do is hope we heal up fast and the next man will have to step up.  

Hoping Trent has no structural damage and it's just a sprain.  

Josh will be in "protocol" so who the hell knows. 

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

Agreed, but all we can do is hope we heal up fast and the next man will have to step up.  

Hoping Trent has no structural damage and it's just a sprain.  

Josh will be in "protocol" so who the hell knows. 

Fortunately, the team only has one more game before they go on a bye week.

Props to Cousins. This was one'a those days when EVERYTHING seemed to go wrong.  But when the tean absolutely needed it, he lead the squad down the field for the go-ahead score in cruch time.  It didn't hold up in the end, but you tell me that performance at that point wasn't money!

I'm proud of him today.

we are 4-3..we win in london we are 5-3 at the half way mark..who wouldnt have taken 5-3?..Cowboys and eagles play next week...go eagles...so we could be just one back with an eagles win..then we get our bye and while we rest the eagles play the giants and the boys play the browns...lol so coming out of our bye week all 4 teams in the nfce could be tied for first!!..vikes can be beat that week...and eagles play the falcons, boys play steelers giants play cinci...so our next two games are going to put us in a nice position..HTTR!!

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

I am positive that Matt Jones is not a starting NFL RB.  I am positive that Joe Barry doesn't know how to apply pressure when absolutely necessary.

Nice lack of respect for the OP of this thread. There are plenty of places for you to whine. Please do it there. But since you insist, let's try to put things in a little perspective - which is at the heart of what the OP intended. 

Jones had a rough day. He has been running better but you can't fumble. Hope he gets that back under control because he could be a big part of this offense. I love the way he runs when he sets his mind to it.

As for Joe Barry - The two 2nd half TDs with the first 2nd half TDs in 5 gms. The last one was without both starting CBs. Without the D the game would not been close enough for the Off to score late and be in it. They almost singlehandedly won this game despite several fumbles, many balls just not bouncing our way, and some really bad injuries. 

Losing Norman hurt the most - as much for his play as his attitude. When he is on the field the entire D rallies behind him and his energy. I hope he comes back soon.

58 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Nice lack of respect for the OP of this thread. There are plenty of places for you to whine. Please do it there.

Calm down man.  Not being disrespectful to anyone here.  Just added my two cents.  I know what the thread means and is about.  I'm not the only who felt that way at the time I added my post.  

21 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm pretty sure previous teams wouldn't have rallied to score twice in the final 8 minutes to erase a 10-point deficit on the road. We are developing, we have more depth than we have in the past, and we battle and fight in every game. I'm positive that I'll be looking forward to watching these guys fight for 9 more games.

I certainly understand we are ALL not so happy we lost today.  But your post is exactly what we all need to believe.  We are a solid NFL team now, with the arrow trending up.  Our culture is changing as well as our talent improving.  I think it's safe to say we are not where we wanna be, but the train seems to be on the right track.  We need to get rid of this "fire him!  Fire everyone!", when we lose.  Stability is so key in the NFL, we are getting close to having it.  

Archived