Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

11 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The team is playing competitive, not getting blown out, so that's a little improvement to be happy about.

But we do seem to play up or down to the level of competition, so it kinda throws sticker burrs in the Vaseline...

I think we'll realize after 16 games that Detroit is a pretty good team. I don't think this is a loss that will be embarrassing when all is said and done (other than the fact that we had it won). 

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

It worked like that because it was rare. If we ran it more frequently, it might not work as well.

No...

It worked because we played the very same formation and personnel the play before and started it the exact same way, luring the D into thinking we're playing the same.

Which we didn't.

I'm positive that Joe Barry should be fired TODAY! Any other team would have finished out that game with a 4-point lead and a minute left on their own 25 barring some miracle... What Stafford did was no miracle, he simply found the open receivers 20-30 yards downfield in the MIDDLE of the field! Joke

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

What Stafford did was no miracle, he simply found the open receivers 20-30 yards downfield in the MIDDLE of the field! Joke

I would like to see the TD pass and how close our LB came to tipping the pass. From the angle in real-time, it looked like it was centimeters. I'm not saying that makes it a miracle, but any type of stop on that play puts Detroit in 4th-and-10. We were agonizingly close to winning a game we had no business winning. That would have a been a fun step forward. 

Here is the video of the catch:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016102302/2016/REG7/redskins@lions#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000726131&tab=recap

If Will Compton is One yard back, he tips the ball easily. Not saying he would have made a one handed INT, but he was on the path to at least touch it. And Blackmon is slow to react on that play. He doesn't move much until Boldin catches the ball.

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Now what you're doing is starting an argument that isn't needed in the thread as well as being negative which isn't the purpose of the thread.  

One thing I will say is that KC did move us down the field and score the go ahead td and if we all remember we had Jason C for years and he never did that. At least we have a decent QB.

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm positive that Joe Barry should be fired TODAY! Any other team would have finished out that game with a 4-point lead and a minute left on their own 25 barring some miracle... What Stafford did was no miracle, he simply found the open receivers 20-30 yards downfield in the MIDDLE of the field! Joke

This is exactly what I'm talking about, when I mentioned too many of our fans jump to emotional conclusions and scream fire everyone, stabiltiy is what our organization needs, NOT more change.  Watch the final drive, the facts are the facts.

Stafford makes a heluva throw in the beginning of the drive, it's across his body moving opposite the way he is running, after he is flushed from the pocket from our 4 man rush.  Not many QBs can make that throw.  

We run a Tex stunt on a play and Stafford runs for big yards.  Watch the play!!!  The Tex stunt is the perfect play call, Ryan Kerrigan misses the sack!!!!  Stafford again makes a heluva play by avoiding one of our best defenders!!  Give Stafford credit, that's not on Barry, he calls the correct play and we don't make it. 

The next play:

We are in cover 2 when Mr. I drop every pass decides to make a great catch.  He actually catches it twice!!!  Again, not a bad play call, the other NFL team on the field makes a play.  It's actually the only time our D front doesn't get to Stafford and he makes his worse throw of the drive.  

The scoring pass was against a zone D, yes we rush 3, but Stafford let loose a laser to Boldin who ran a very good route on our rookie corner.  Compton still is inches from deflecting the pass.  Hood drops to take away the underneath route.  It's not the DC play call that gets us beat it's a great throw and catch.  I believe even after the game Stafford said in his interview he was either winning the game or losing the game on that throw.  That's how tight the window was.   

The above are the facts, the game should not have come down to the final drive, because our D had shut them down all game!!!  Ball security and we win, it's that simple, but mistakes happpen, we still came close to overcoming them.  We will see this Sunday, what kind of team we have. 

5 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about, when I mentioned too many of our fans jump to emotional conclusions and scream fire everyone, stabiltiy is what our organization needs, NOT more change.  Watch the final drive, the facts are the facts.

Stafford makes a heluva throw in the beginning of the drive, it's across his body moving opposite the way he is running, after he is flushed from the pocket from our 4 man rush.  Not many QBs can make that throw.  

We run a Tex stunt on a play and Stafford runs for big yards.  Watch the play!!!  The Tex stunt is the perfect play call, Ryan Kerrigan misses the sack!!!!  Stafford again makes a heluva play by avoiding one of our best defenders!!  Give Stafford credit, that's not on Barry, he calls the correct play and we don't make it. 

The next play:

We are in cover 2 when Mr. I drop every pass decides to make a great catch.  He actually catches it twice!!!  Again, not a bad play call, the other NFL team on the field makes a play.  It's actually the only time our D front doesn't get to Stafford and he makes his worse throw of the drive.  

The scoring pass was against a zone D, yes we rush 3, but Stafford let loose a laser to Boldin who ran a very good route on our rookie corner.  Compton still is inches from deflecting the pass.  Hood drops to take away the underneath route.  It's not the DC play call that gets us beat it's a great throw and catch.  I believe even after the game Stafford said in his interview he was either winning the game or losing the game on that throw.  That's how tight the window was.   

The above are the facts, the game should not have come down to the final drive, because our D had shut them down all game!!!  Ball security and we win, it's that simple, but mistakes happpen, we still came close to overcoming them.  We will see this Sunday, what kind of team we have. 

I appreciate what you're doing, I really do, but don't make excuses for the guy... he's bottom of the barrel. The defense has been outspoken, publicly, on his terrible play calls. Amazing how they held the entire game and then go soft with a minute left... its Haslett all over again

bend AND break...

i fully expect him to be gone and should have not been here in the first place. Sure, you don't want to flip the apple cart each year, if you actually have something that works. This defense is getting by on the talent alone this year but also losing out on fine tuning their skills. 

With all that went wrong in the game and I mean allot of breaks didn't go our way. We were still in it and almost won. That itself is so much to be possitive about.

- the pass that hit breelands thigh that resulted in a catch by Detroit. A very odd play that I knew right there and then it's gonna be one of those days.

- strip sack by Trent Murphy that ironically bounced into stafford! 

- Matt jones fumble in the red zone

- injuries, sherreff going down for a while, Trent Williams, and josh Norman.

- Ryan grant being well... Ryan grant drop balls. For the love of god idk why they keep throwing him the ball he's like Andre Roberts not mentally tough but a cheaper version. 

6 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Has anyone re-watched the TD pass from other angles? How close was Compton (I think it was him) to tipping or deflecting that pass? My initial view made it seem like he was an inch away...but I'd be curious to see if it was really that close or just the camera angle. 

16 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Has anyone re-watched the TD pass from other angles? How close was Compton (I think it was him) to tipping or deflecting that pass? My initial view made it seem like he was an inch away...but I'd be curious to see if it was really that close or just the camera angle. 

Quote from Jay Gruden: 

On what he would do differently defensively on the last drive against the Lions:

“We had a couple of opportunities to make some plays and hats off to Matthew [Stafford] – the Detroit Lions – for making them. We had a nice stunt called and unfortunately we couldn’t get the… Kerrigan just missed the sack by a little bit. He stepped up and ran for a bunch of yards, and a great play by Matthew. There were some plays that he made, you know, he’s an eight-year pro and he’s a very good quarterback obviously. But, we dropped coverage once. Andre Roberts had a nice catch across the middle. Matthew had the big scramble and then the touchdown was just thrown in a very, very tight window. Kendall Fuller did a great job of rerouting [Anquan] Boldin. [Will] Compton was right there in the hook zone and just missed the throw by a fraction of an inch. And he drove it in there. As far as what we could’ve done different, there’s a lot of things, coverage-wise, rush-wise. But, the coverage that we called, we were pretty good. Just they made the play and we didn’t.”

Notice his comments about the right play called defensively, the players didn't make the plays.  It's even more obvious a couple of days removed from the game, there are no more emotions and whether we like it or not, the Lions players made the plays on the final drive. 

Like I have been preaching our organization needs stability, NOT change.  This will help in making us a perrenial winner.  Jays comments above reflect this.  This also allows our defensive players to be comfortable enough to express their opinions about how we play.  That is huge for communication and making adjustments during games. 

No emotion, just fact. 

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, Burgold said:

What annoyed me more about that catch was less the catch, but they let him in. At least stop him at the point of the catch. 

Of course, the catch and practically everything about that drive was annoying too. 

What annoyed me the most was Kerrigan taking another bad angle to the QB.  I remember last year when Bradford, probably the most immobile QB actually was able to get out of Kerrigan's grasp and scored a TD.  Totally crazy, this dude can make awesome plays but sometimes he is a dud.  And don't forget he was going against a rookie RT, but a decent on as he was I think taken in the first round.  Still a pro of his caliber should have made that play.  Since Stafford took off and got 18 yards running, say another 6 yards loss due to the sack a difference of 24 yards in that one miss.  Probably that would have been the game

48 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

What annoyed me the most was Kerrigan taking another bad angle to the QB.  I remember last year when Bradford, probably the most immobile QB actually was able to get out of Kerrigan's grasp and scored a TD.  Totally crazy, this dude can make awesome plays but sometimes he is a dud.  And don't forget he was going against a rookie RT, but a decent on as he was I think taken in the first round.  Still a pro of his caliber should have made that play.  Since Stafford took off and got 18 yards running, say another 6 yards loss due to the sack a difference of 24 yards in that one miss.  Probably that would have been the game

The Kerrigan play was a killer, I can't remember if it was 2nd or 3rd down but that would have put Detroit in a real bad situation as they were already in a long down and distance.

On 10/24/2016 at 11:48 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

Stfu with this noise.

Who rushes?

Who covers who?

What formation?

I've asked this twice with no answer.

Archived