Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

Calm down man.  Not being disrespectful to anyone here.  Just added my two cents.  I know what the thread means and is about.  I'm not the only who felt that way at the time I added my post.  

I am perfectly calm. But saying other people feel that way shows you completely missed the point and you clearly do not know what the thread means - or the other option is you came here on purpose to ruin it for others that may not be as pissed as you. So which is it?

There are plenty of other threads to complain. Go to one of the many that are available to you. This one is for positive comments. Either way, you were indeed disrespectful of the OP and the others of us who want to come to this thread to escape all the complaining.

47 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm pretty sure previous teams wouldn't have rallied to score twice in the final 8 minutes to erase a 10-point deficit on the road. We are developing, we have more depth than we have in the past, and we battle and fight in every game. I'm positive that I'll be looking forward to watching these guys fight for 9 more games.

You make a good point. Previous teams would have folded after any one of the crazy things that happened - the ball bouncing off Breeland - the fumble going right back to Stafford - the botched hand off between Kirk and was it Jones, among others. But they were still fighting to the end.

this group fights with each other to the end. Someone else made the point that the loss itself is not as problematic as the injuries. I hope those guys come back quick - esp Norman and Williams.

I think we will look back at this game as a turning point - one way or the other. I hope it's that they took this game to heart and got pissed and didn't play like this again.

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am perfectly calm. But saying other people feel that way shows you completely missed the point and you clearly do not know what the thread means - or the other option is you came here on purpose to ruin it for others that may not be as pissed as you. So which is it?

There are plenty of other threads to complain. Go to one the many that are available to you. This one is for positive comments. Either way, you were indeed disrespectful of the OP and the others of us who want to come to this thread to escape all the complaining.

Now what you're doing is starting an argument that isn't needed in the thread as well as being negative which isn't the purpose of the thread.  

15 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Trent had a sack and FF and Kerrigan had a sack, with what seemed like little blitz support. Those 2 have been trending up of late, after what seemed like a slow start. 

Preston Smith has been pretty good also lately getting to the quarterback also. I believe he had a the wrong angle on one of the Tate screens though which killed us today.

24 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Now what you're doing is starting an argument that isn't needed in the thread as well as being negative which isn't the purpose of the thread.  

LOL - Yea right. I am not the one who came in here ****ing. I just called you on it and you don't like it. Just own it and move on. Oh, and I am not the only one who feels that way!

I am done here. Not going to derail the thread anymore.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Crowder may be our MVP thus far 

He has really found a niche here. He will get paid when it comes time. That guy just makes plays. He was running the same routes that Reed runs. I really hope Doctson ends up OK. Doctson, Reed and Crowder will be an awful good set to be throwing to. Could really ease the loss of Jackson who you have to assume at this point is gone.

Did Harris get in the game today? I didn't see.

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I saw Harris helping Cousins warm up. I doubt he saw the field. Where can we see snap counts!  

Replace Grant? Honestly, I thought with Ross inactive they planned to get him a few snaps. Would be good to see if he can help.

Let's face it. ONE PLAY today is different, and we're all talking ecstatically about this team. That one play is Matt Jones' fumble at the one. And yeah, I know there were other plays that could've turned the game around or won it (the missed FG, for instance), but that fumble by Jones just set the tone for the day. 

Kirk had a good game, the defense played well overall. But the turnovers destroyed us. The point is, if you can look at a game and realize the reaction would be 180-degrees different than it is now if not for one play, that's actually an indication that it wasn't a performance worthy of tar and feathering anyone.

Except for maybe Matt Jones. 

The good news is that the weaknesses rotate among the units which seems to mean that there's no unit that can't be salvaged.  It's not like we're winning with one dominant unit and everyone else subpar.  For us, we need certain players to get more reps, and about 3 - 4 new players, including DT/NT (I think we should just move back to a 4-3 next year) and (M)ILB, so with a little more time and a few more players, the team will be good all around.

two of our loses this year. cowboys and lions were of our own doing. like it or not were not there yet but were right at the cusp. were missing some more key elements for this team.  furthermore, not having Dotson is killing us. grant has been dropping all the balls, its sickening! we need to address the pass rush next year and dt is of huge importance!!!

Two positive things.  I honestly think Cousins is hitting his stride, he hit some big passes yesterday and he is running the offense well.  I want to see him do with all of his receivers, especially with Jackson.

Second positive which I hope will come out of this game Kelly will get more touches. Seriously I don't get the refusal of this staff to get him more touches, the dude runs angry.  Hell if I were Gruden I would bench Jones at this point, he fumbles now at a bigger clip than last year.  We are not a team with a great D that can overcome these mistakes.  He essentially had 3 fumbles yesterday, one being almost certainly Cousins fault but still who is to tell me Kelly being much more sure handed doesn't somehow hold on to that ball.  He needs to sit period.

1 minute ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Second positive which I hope  He essentially had 3 fumbles yesterday, one being almost certainly Cousins fault but still who is to tell me Kelly being much more sure handed doesn't somehow hold on to that ball. 

Lawng tripped Kirt on the HO to Joanz, so if Kelley was in, it wouldn't have mattered.

I was very encouraged by Kirk's play all game, especially what should have been the game winning drive.  Mr Crowder appears to be another Gary Clark and our OL continues to pass block very well and appears to be closer to set than I originally thought.  We may have finally found our free safety and possibly SS if they let Duke play more. .  Pieces are starting to fall into place, we simply need to keep upgrading in need areas.

Archived