Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

No idea where this is going. Feels like the NFLPA who wants the CBA to end sooner so they can get back to the table, might be jumping in on this. Then again, Smith and the NFLPA got in bed with Mara when he dinged Washington/Dallas for the uncapped stuff. So, who knows?

the NFLPA has nothing to do with Kaepernick's lawsuit.

8 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Interesting, but not likely at all. Remember, in the uncapped year the NFL all but admitted they colluded against the players when they punished Jones and Snyder, and how did that turn out? It may be they avoided repercussions because they got the NFLPA to agree to not sue for collusion for that year...which should've been a big red flag to Demaurice Smith. But I'm fairly confident the NFL isn't scared of this collusion suit at all. Like before, they've made sure there is no paper trail for their marching orders. 

Unlike the last time there probably really isn't any marching orders. What owner in the right mind would ever hire Kap now?

****ing Chris Long. STICK TO SPORTS YOU SPOILED OVERPAID ATHLETE!
Donating his entire salary to help kids go to college in Charlottesville..  who does he think he is!

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/chris-long-donate-final-10-eagles-game-checks-play-free

Chris Long is now basically playing for free this year. 

The Eagles' veteran defensive end, who had already pledged to give away his first six game checks of this season for scholarships in his hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia, is now giving away the final 10 to his three NFL cities.

This season, Long had a base salary of $1 million. All of that money is now going to fund the education of others. 

Still want him to stick to sports? 

Long, 32, on Wednesday morning announced he's giving away his final 10 checks this season to four organizations he has identified "whose missions focus on making education easily accessible to underserved youth while also providing students the support they need to develop strong social and emotional character." 

Athletes should never 'stick to sports". They have the ability and means to make change, and should be encouraged.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Chris Long is the man!  Ran into him a couple years back at the My Morning Jacket fest in Riveira Maya.  He was right there in the pit with Sam Bradford, wearing tie-dye, slugging tequilas and singing along with the rest of us.  Super cool dude.

Also, Goodell just gave a pretty solid presser.  Spoke very highly of the players and the issues the protests are bringing to light.  

There is hope for this world beyond the endless throngs of Russian bots and rednecks shut-ins.

#wahoowa

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 12:58 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Here is why that is complete nonsense:

1) It was a veteran that saw Kapernick sitting on the bench during the anthem, and told him a more respectful way to do his protest would be to kneel. 

2) The flag doesn't just represent the military, it represents our entire nation. ALL OF IT. And if this flag is supposed to represent equality and the land of the free, yet there isn't equality within it, that is exactly why some people are kneeling instead of standing. 

3) There are a lot of ex-military veterans who support Kapernick's choice of protest. But I guess they don't matter....

and 4) Why do you feel disrespected about someone kneeling during the national anthem, but not at all concerned with WHY he is kneeling in the first place??? 

Sorry it took so long to respond.  Life happens and I have been unable to get back to this before now.

Right, only those who support this protest are allowed to be offended by something and speak out?

1.  "a more respectful way" doesn't by definition make it respectful, it makes it less offensive to that person.

2.  I understand the flag represents the entire nation.  And by your response, because I don't agree with the method/timing/place of protest, you think I support the mistreatment/"oppression' of a people?  What a ludicrous assumption.

3.  So, the military members, veterans, and families that do not support CK's choice don't matter?

4.  It's so insightful of you to draw the conclusion that I am not concerned about the issue represented by the act. /sarcasm off.

You evidently haven't read anything else I posted, including thoughts about ways the players may be more successful at drawing attention to the issue, and btw, which some of them are now doing?!  shock, gasp, hand over mouth!  imagine, players and teams creating mechanisms to pool their fame/resources in a coordinated effort to have a more direct effect on/in their communities(positive by definition).  Before you get all indignant about this - I know you don't want to acknowledge it - I already called out/recognized all the important and meaningful things and works players are doing in their communities, many times without seeking recognition for it.

You don't have the corner of the market on being allowed to be offended by or for someone(singular or plural).

16 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

Sorry it took so long to respond.  Life happens and I have been unable to get back to this before now.

Right, only those who support this protest are allowed to be offended by something and speak out?

1.  "a more respectful way" doesn't by definition make it respectful, it makes it less offensive to that person.

2.  I understand the flag represents the entire nation.  And by your response, because I don't agree with the method/timing/place of protest, you think I support the mistreatment/"oppression' of a people?  What a ludicrous assumption.

3.  So, the military members, veterans, and families that do not support CK's choice don't matter?

4.  It's so insightful of you to draw the conclusion that I am not concerned about the issue represented by the act. /sarcasm off.

You evidently haven't read anything else I posted, including thoughts about ways the players may be more successful at drawing attention to the issue, and btw, which some of them are now doing?!  shock, gasp, hand over mouth!  imagine, players and teams creating mechanisms to pool their fame/resources in a coordinated effort to have a more direct effect on/in their communities(positive by definition).  Before you get all indignant about this - I know you don't want to acknowledge it - I already called out/recognized all the important and meaningful things and works players are doing in their communities, many times without seeking recognition for it.

You don't have the corner of the market on being allowed to be offended by or for someone(singular or plural).

Wait, so you make a blanket statement, speaking for all military, active or former, and when I make multiple points refuting his intentions, as well as this assertion that all veterans are offended you come up with this sarcastic BS? Bravo. 

At no point did I say people don't have the right to be offended, but you knew that. You just needed to a strawman argument to pretend like you had a point . Furthermore, it is a reasonable assumption that if you COMPLETELY IGNORE the actual reason of the protest to get bent out of shape over the method. Then you, at the very least, care more about your precious flag and anthem isn't disrespected then the actual rights those veterans fought for or police brutality. It doesn't take a massive leap in logic to come to this conclusion. 

So football players kneeling is SO over-the-top disrespectful and offensive to vets..................... and while the herd leader was tweeting about this, trying desperately to skew it off message and into something he could use for his trademark political pandering, soldiers on the ground were dying, seemingly because we **** on Chad over a clerical lapse and they yanked their troops, the armed and armored protective force for our guys in Niger. Two weeks pass and here we are, the * being casually condescending to yet another Gold Star family, a Marine general lying through his teeth to try and provide some fig leaf for the aforementioned mental defective, the bloviating bovine of a PS relying about the lies they denied lying about, and what don't we hear?? The hardcore flagwaving leg humpers, foaming at the mouth over Kaepernick and yet silent over genuine disrespect to a fallen warrior and his distraught family.

Shame on you mother****ers, shame on you

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Wait, so you make a blanket statement, speaking for all military, active or former, and when I make multiple points refuting his intentions, as well as this assertion that all veterans are offended you come up with this sarcastic BS? Bravo. 

At no point did I say people don't have the right to be offended, but you knew that. You just needed to a strawman argument to pretend like you had a point . Furthermore, it is a reasonable assumption that if you COMPLETELY IGNORE the actual reason of the protest to get bent out of shape over the method. Then you, at the very least, care more about your precious flag and anthem isn't disrespected then the actual rights those veterans fought for or police brutality. It doesn't take a massive leap in logic to come to this conclusion. 

LOL.  You can bend it however it makes you feel better.

I never said all veterans are offended.  Being offended is a choice made by every individual.  You may choose to not be offended.  I may choose to be. The same goes for all military members.  Remember, my feelings - my choice, my right.  Agree/disagree - your choice, your right.

The classic argument put out against conservative points of view is "its offensive to me"  you have to listen.  It hurts my feelings that you think/say x, y, z....

Because I am offended, you have to a , b, c..........  You are so terrible, racist, homophobic, .............

Well, the argument then goes both ways.

When you tell me you didn't say that and I knew it, you are making misleading statements.  You are here arguing exactly that point.  And because I don't agree with the time/place/method of the protest, I am somehow pro-oppression.  gimme a break.

Again, I posted thoughts about ways the players may be more successful at drawing attention to the issue, and btw, some of those are now being started and partnered with by teams.

I know it doesn't fit your argument/position, but your points of refute are weak.

1 hour ago, dav87sc said:

LOL.  You can bend it however it makes you feel better.

I never said all veterans are offended.  Being offended is a choice made by every individual.  You may choose to not be offended.  I may choose to be. The same goes for all military members.  Remember, my feelings - my choice, my right.  Agree/disagree - your choice, your right.

The classic argument put out against conservative points of view is "its offensive to me"  you have to listen.  It hurts my feelings that you think/say x, y, z....

Because I am offended, you have to a , b, c..........  You are so terrible, racist, homophobic, .............

Well, the argument then goes both ways.

When you tell me you didn't say that and I knew it, you are making misleading statements.  You are here arguing exactly that point.  And because I don't agree with the time/place/method of the protest, I am somehow pro-oppression.  gimme a break.

Again, I posted thoughts about ways the players may be more successful at drawing attention to the issue, and btw, some of those are now being started and partnered with by teams.

I know it doesn't fit your argument/position, but your points of refute are weak.

You get called out for using a strawman argument so you decide to double down on said strawman argument instead of owning it. Got it. 

This thread is gold as well. Protest on your off time!!! MOST employers do not allow protests while on the clock. 

What exactly are they protesting anyway?!? Inequality?? The NFL IS 75% black. Most of them are millionaires. 

20 minutes ago, EBoz said:

This thread is gold as well. Protest on your off time!!! MOST employers do not allow protests while on the clock. 

What exactly are they protesting anyway?!? Inequality?? The NFL IS 75% black. Most of them are millionaires. 

Wow.

Im against what the players are/were doing and you couldnt even convince ME with that craptastic statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Oppression doesnt see a dollar sign

And if you dont know what they are protesting, you simply dont care. That information is readily available

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Wow.

Im against what the players are/were doing and you couldnt even convince ME with that craptastic statement.

Do the protest when you are NOT working!!! Haven’t seen many stories regarding that!! Shocking!

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Oppression doesnt see a dollar sign

And if you dont know what they are protesting, you simply dont care. That information is readily available

Really?!? Oppression?!?? Dude, wake the hell up. Who exactly is oppressed?

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

You aint worth the time my man

Only because you have no argument. What I said is absolutely true. If you want to protest, do it on your own time. 

For me, I’m through with the NFL. Looking at the decline, I’m not alone

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-the-lone-critical-voice-of-player-protests-at-owners-meetings/

Jerry Jones the lone critical voice of player protests at owner's meetings

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has gone to great lengths in recent weeks to ensure his voice was heard publicly about his displeasure over any NFL player not standing for the national anthem, and while he slipped out of last week's owner's meetings in New York without speaking to the media, league sources said he was quite vocal during Wednesday's session.

Jones was the only owner to rail against the handful of players who are still regularly kneeling, standing or staying in the locker room during the playing of the anthem, the sources said, pronouncing his disagreement with how the NFL is policing the matter before all 32 teams. On Tuesday, when a select group of owners and league officials met with players and NFLPA leadership, there were no dissenting voices or debate about how the ongoing protests were being handled. But that changed on the second day of the meetings, with Jones expressing his feelings several times in what sources describe as a "firm and forceful" manner, but restrained and not over the top.

*Click Link For More*

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/22/nfl-protests-national-anthem-kneeling-players-week-7/788621001/

Several NFL players continue protests in Week 7 after meeting with Roger Goodell, owners

Several NFL players continued to protest Sunday, five days after a group of them met with commissioner Roger Goodell and multiple team owners in which the recurring demonstrations during the national anthem were discussed.

Eight San Francisco 49ers players decided to kneel during the national anthem before a game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills, tight end Julius Thomas and safety Michael Thomas stayed in the locker room for the national anthem, as did Tennessee Titans wide receiver Rishard Matthews. Los Angeles Rams linebacker Robert Quinn again held a fist in the air during the anthem, and Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving did the same at the end of the song.

On Thursday, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters and lineback Ukeme Eligwe remained seated for the national anthem before a game against the Oakland Raiders. Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett also chose to remain seated again Sunday against the New York Giants.

*Click Link For More* 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-anthem/trump-launches-petition-against-nfl-players-anthem-protests-idUSKBN1CP1PO

Trump launches petition against NFL players' anthem protests

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has stepped up the pressure on the National Football League over protests by its players during the national anthem by launching a petition and asking his supporters to show their patriotism by backing it.

The move came after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this week rejected Trump’s calls to punish players who kneel for the anthem to protest racism. Trump has said the protests are unpatriotic and disrespectful of military veterans.

“The President has asked for a list of supporters who stand for the National Anthem. Add your name below to show your patriotism and support,” said the petition issued on Thursday by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a fundraising organization for Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.

*Click Link For More*