Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm familiar with abdc, posting in the rtt for many years. I recall him saying that he is the son of a politician/ambassador or something of the like.

That statement did not shock me at  all, needless to say. It is the privilege of living that kind of life, where the world presented to you is not the same world as the one I, several other posters in this thread, and many more minorities see, from the moment of consistent memory.

I probably shouldn't blame him for that pov, and his ignorance as a result

Well, I don't want to make this a personal thing.   I just think it's a bad sort of viewpoint in general and I don't like the trend I've seen from some corners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Well, I don't want to make this a personal thing.   I just think it's a bad sort of viewpoint in general and I don't like the trend I've seen from some corners.

Agreed. It's hard not to make it personal when I take nearly everything Trump has done, as a direct insult/attack (on not just me as a minority, but as an American) and see others applauding.

Very hard indeed

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

I just think it's a bad sort of viewpoint in general and I don't like the trend I've seen from some corners.

Unfortunately I think its going to become more and more accepted of a viewpoint now. This is a major win for that side. And it shouldn't be views that way, but it will be. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm familiar with abdc, posting in the rtt for many years. I recall him saying that he is the son of a politician/ambassador or something of the like.

That statement did not shock me at  all, needless to say. It is the privilege of living that kind of life, where the world presented to you is not the same world as the one I, several other posters in this thread, and many more minorities see, from the moment of consistent memory.

I probably shouldn't blame him for that pov, and his ignorance as a result

Calm down.  You don't know me at all.  You don't know how I interact with others nor how I live my life.  I've been a social worker ever since I graduated college in 2004 and have dedicated my life towards helping disadvantaged minorities.  I am entitled to my opinions.  Sorry if they upset you.  Don't ever insult me unless you want to step to me in person.

If you have a problem with me send me a private message and we can settle it.  I'll give you my phone number and you can call me up and we'll have a discussion.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Calm down.  You don't know me at all.  You don't know how I interact with others nor how I live my life.  I've been a social worker ever since I graduated college in 2004 and have dedicated my life towards helping disadvantaged minorities.  

And yet you apparently remain ignorant as hell about what they face, which is the reason for the protest in the first place.

Sad. Truly sad

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

If you have a problem with me send me a private message and we can settle it.  I'll give you my phone number and you can call me up and we'll have a discussion.

Are you really saying, "If you disagree with me let's fight?"

As a social worker, you know about how to accelerate and decelerate conflict. You need to bring some of those skills to bear. I haven't followed the entire chain of communication and don't know if you have been wronged or how badly, but...

Use your words people or if you can't use your words... take a deep breath and count to ten. That probably goes for both sides.

Just now, StillUnknown said:

the most comical part of all this is that 45 really got people thinking he gives a flying **** about that flag

has not accomplished a single thing of note in office, but his base will drink the kool-aid because he told those negroes to know their place

All one has to do is line up all his quotes from the campaign trail alone, plus his bull**** with Russia. Just that, tells anyone with an average education what he truly thinks about America

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the most comical part of all this is that 45 really got people thinking he gives a flying **** about that flag

has not accomplished a single thing of note in office, but his base will drink the kool-aid because he told those negroes to know their place

I typed this earlier today in response to an article detailing that over the last 263 days Trump has made 1318 false or misleading statements according to fact checkers. 

It's an interesting social phenomenon in the respect that some seem to be rooting for the President to lie. They relish the impact and frustration it seems to bring about in their perceived opponents in the media and in the public. They are more interested in sowing discord and winning the message wars then doing public good.--- You can see this even more when you consider that many don't seem to care that none (almost none) of the Trump agenda has progressed. They still fully back him because he is tearing apart the Obama legacy and maintaining a steady barrage of fire on liberals, minorities, immigrants, and the media.

• Like 1

Just now, Burgold said:

Are you really saying, "If you disagree with me let's fight?"

As a social worker, you know about how to accelerate and decelerate conflict. You need to bring some of those skills to bear. I haven't followed the entire chain of communication and don't know if you have been wronged or how badly, but...

Use your words people or if you can't use your words... take a deep breath and count to ten. That probably goes for both sides.

I told him he can call me up and we'll have a discussion.  I'm not talking about fighting c'mon.  When he starts attacking my character that's when I have a problem.  I am of the opinion that if someone wants to try to debase someone else they should be willing to say it to their face.  Don't start talking about my family or like you know me.

On the Goodell directive, part of me thinks it's a small deal, but a larger part is warning this is a very dark and dangerous precedent. When a President succeeds in using the bully pulpit to silence political expression America loses. It doesn't really matter where you stand on kneeling or not kneeling. Our liberties make America. They should be cherished and celebrated, fought for, and respected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

On the Goodell directive, part of me thinks it's a small deal, but a larger part is warning this is a very dark and dangerous precedent. When a President succeeds in using the bully pulpit to silence political expression America loses. It doesn't really matter where you stand on kneeling or not kneeling. Our liberties make America. They should be cherished and celebrated, fought for, and respected.

And an elected official shouldn't get away with intimidation, especially the First Amendment.

• Like 1

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

And an elected official shouldn't get away with intimidation, especially the First Amendment.

Absolutely. 

He is the defender of the Constitution. That's what he swore and oath to do. That means he must serve the ideals and directives of the Constitution. Those who don't understand that or are letting themselves get distracted into not seeing this most important part of it are failing America. You can disagree with the protesters. You can disagree with how the protesters protest. The President shouldn't. The President should stand above the noise and only intervene if laws are broken or violence is threatened/comes to bare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Burgold said:

Absolutely. 

He is the defender of the Constitution. That's what he swore and oath to do. That means he must serve the ideals and directives of the Constitution. Those who don't understand that or are letting themselves get distracted into not seeing this most important part of it are failing America. You can disagree with the protesters. You can disagree with how the protesters protest. The President shouldn't. The President should stand above the noise and only intervene if laws are broken or violence is threatened/comes to bare.

Hes not that President and he never will be. He wasnt even elected to be. All things come to an end. Take pride in the fact that you get to watch the end of the greatest nation in the history of man so far. Cause everything you are talking about is over. He will not be the last and he probably wont even be the worst. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1