Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Oh yea..... that logic (or group think) can be applied to lots and lots of things. I feel like our politics in general is group think these days. Whens the last time you been on Facebook? Its so thick there you can visually see it. See the same thing at football games. 'You are supposed to jump up and down when this song comes on' 'Why?' 'Casue everyone else is' - Basically every VTech game I go to.

Dude, you're not living! I love to stand up, raise my arms and yell "HEY" one beat before I'm supposed to when the wave starts up at games. It's a lot of fun and the whole stadium can see me do it...and know how much of a douche I am. :) But then I enjoy that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

No I agree with you. Players should be allowed to protest.

So since your response to my prior comment equating the protests of our founding fathers to the ones currently playing out was laughter, I'd like to hear your reasoning to support the love it or leave it stuff. Or was your laughter just a down low way of taking the L without copping to it? Regardless, it's a weak sauce argument that reflects poorly on anyone that tries to use it.

Edited by The Sisko

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I dont really care to be honest with you bro. Watch your football. I cant convince my homies I know I cant convince you and im not even trying to.  And its your right to be insensitive lol 

Half of the reason I may stop watching is because when the Redskins lose it literally ruins my weekend. **** aint healthy and....well we lose often. 

We have made a breakthrough :P

As for your last sentence, tends to put a cloud over the entire week.  Losses going into the bye week are the WORST.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So since your response to my prior comment equating the protests of our founding fathers to the ones currently playing out was laughter, I'd like to hear your reasoning to support the love it or leave it stuff. Or was your laughter just a down low way of taking the L without copping to it? Regardless, it's a weak sauce argument that reflects poorly on anyone that tries to use it.

My reasoning is I don't care about anything.  There you go.

People can do whatever they want, it doesn't affect me.  Let people kneel during the anthem if they want.  I don't agree with it, but I hardly think forcing someone to stand during the anthem would accomplish anything. 

I misspoke yesterday so sorry.  I'll take my L if that's what you want.  Message boards don't mean anything to me.  I didn't even really read your post, I was mostly laughing at the first few sentences I read.  If you really want to know what I think go to page 17, I think that is a more accurate description.  Have a good day sir, enjoy your pistachios. 

On 10/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

No boycott for me.  I'll be at the game Sunday and I'll be standing.

As will I. But, I also stand in solidarity with anyone who chooses to do something else. It's freedom, and one of the foundational tenets of this great country.

• Like 5

I was just having a political conversation with someone I Don't know and during the discussion of kneeling for the national anthem out of nowhere he says yeah why don't these guys go play in the African league and see how much money they can make then. 

Its mind boggling to me that someone could just say that to a complete stranger. 

And even sadder is I truly wonder if he even realizes how racist it was. 

• Sad 1

At what point does a symbol become more important than the values it is supposed to represent? And is that point a failure in the larger scheme of things? If so, how do we redeem that failure?

The flag, the anthem, even the construct that is this idea of the united states of America, don't they exist and especially derive meaning based upon how well they represent certain values? 

It never fails to boggle my mind how people get so out of touch with actual values and their practice in the face of pedestalization of symbols and constructs. Blind allegiance and blind tribalism creating this behavior and response that is such a failure of the standards these values normally would be requiring us to uphold.

I guess you have to actually live by those standards in order to be the type of person who also holds the symbols and constructs of our nation to the same values they claim to represent. When you got a group of people who rarely if ever practice self-reflection, nor challenge their flaws and limitations, and have no concept of self-redemption, they become perfectly incapable of critically thinking in this respect. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

When you got a group of people who rarely if ever practice self-reflection, nor challenge their flaws and limitations, and have no concept of self-redemption, they become perfectly incapable of critically thinking in this respect. 

You nailed it right there. There is no introspection, existence itself is a result of outside validation rather than any core principle or character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, Philly/Carolina tonight, what happens? They drew the short straw and are in the spotlight first in a primetime slot, do they or don't they? Cam? Big time starting QB, big money ( a lot of it already in the bank), do ya make a stand (so to speak) when others cannot?

I'd love to see an entire sideline take a knee, this is a big deal getting bigger by the day, and there are lots of well off current and ex players that could back 'em up (morally/financially) if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I doubt anyone kneels. The league/owners have a gun to their backs basically. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I expect most if not all will stand. Beyond that, not sure

Agreed, but this kinda sets a different precedent for the players, and I get it, they are between a rock and a hard place but that's when you find out what you're made of.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Unless missed something, they didn’t show it. 

They did the same thing last week before the Bucs/Patriots game. I was actually surprised. I kind of figured the league made that happen. Then on Sunday, there were anthems shown.