Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

Just now, Llevron said:

I asked you what they stand for genius. But if thats too hard then tell me what Are Americas values? 

They stand for the country "Genius" may want to invest in a dictionary so you can look up words such as symbol.

So these symbols actually don't mean anything to you other than 'America' @nonniey

That may actually be the problem. It's not that you are an idiot but that you have no understanding of what it mean to be an American. 

I may owe you an apology I was starting to question your intelligence to be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So these symbols actually don't mean anything to you other than 'America' @nonniey

That may actually be the problem. It's not that you are an idiot but that you have no understanding of what it mean to be an American. 

I may owe you an apology I was starting to question your intelligence to be honest. 

He did go tell you to go read a dictionary, when he himself can't even understand the mere basics of symbolism. He's like some damaged uncle sam doll... Every answer is "'Merica.... 'Merica.... 'Merica"

Im perfectly fine questioning both

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He did go tell you to go read a dictionary, when he himself can't even understand the mere basics of symbolism. He's like some damaged uncle sam doll... Every answer is "'Merica.... 'Merica.... 'Merica"

Im perfectly fine questioning both

I mean I ain't saying he's smart lls

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

The issue is people on this board twisting themselves into pretzels to explain why sitting for the anthem is not withholding respect for the country  (Except Ladyskinsfan she understands that is what it is). Despite Mr Sinister's explanation there is only one reason and that is to show respect , when you stand for another countries anthem you are showing respect (He seemed to think people only stand for their own countries anthems and the fact that people stand for other nations anthems sinks his entire explanation), likewise when your standing for your own countries anthem you are showing respect. The players are withholding their respect as their means of protest - simple as that  the denial of that and deflections and what not this board is attempting  just don't hold water.

What is ironic is the likes of Ladyskinsfan post which essentially confirmed what I was saying (Guess they didn't think that one through).   

I stand for the flag for respect of the country, but I don’t take offense or view it as disrespect if somebody chooses not to.  That’s the beauty of this country, you can do these things freely.  There is too much wrong and negative in this country for me to put much effort in caring about something so incredibly trivial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not sure even Snyder is dumb/crazy enough to kick that hornets nest. Not in this town

Yeah, that would turn ugly faster than *I don't wanna disparage anyone*  ;)

Not with Redskins Park in the land of Jefferson, which is an oxymoron, I know...but the man did go broke establishing public education ...  :cheers: I hope on that one...