Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Actually, yeah it is that simple. 

Actually, no it isn't :)

I know you want it to be, though. The deep dive is.... Why are they kneeling? You seem to be repeatedly hitting your head on the diving board on the way down

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Actually, no it isn't :)

I know you want it to be, though. The deep dive is.... Why are they kneeling? You seem to be repeatedly hitting your head on the diving board on the way down

Then tell me in your view what is the purpose for standing for an Anthem?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

To show that you're a real American.....

What does the American flag stand for to you?

Really? So when we stand for a foreign anthem during a function (Visiting Head of State, Sports Team etc) it is to show we are real Americans? Seriously?

Edited by nonniey

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

I'm not telling people they can't be disrespectful of the country as a means of protest. That is their right. The point being is that Kap and the others are kneeling because they believe the country doesn't deserve their respect (Jeez guys - it is not hard to understand that. Saying otherwise is twisting yourselves into pretzels to explain the action).

Bottomline - Why do people stand for the Anthem? It is to show respect. Not standing for the anthem is withholding that respect. Simple as that.

Ok fine. 

What do the flag and the Anthem stand for?

Edit: Also, if you find me a quote of Kap saying he doesnt think the country deserves respect then i will conside that point. Otherwise you are making it up. He specifically took a knee instead of sitting because he thought it was more respectful. He said this. If you are ignoring that fact you are lying to yourself and trying to lie to me. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just victims of the in house drive-by... They say jump you say how high

SIde note:  In that song, when they break it down at the end and Zach De La Rocha is yelling, “A BULLET IN YA HEAD!” is one of my favorite rock moments ever.  Gives me chills, makes me wanna jump around, at the gym it gives me a huge adrenaline rush.  Love it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, c slag said:

Next up in a few short months will be attacks on people who say happy holidays instead of merry christmas

Dear Cynthia.

The war ravages on with no end in sight. Some call Afghanistan the forever war but they know not of what they speak on. This war on Christmas is the true forever war. No foreign wars will ever compare to the indignity we suffer when someone says happy holidays or our coffee cups change color. If I don't come back please make sure my death was not in vain. Everytime you say Merry Christmas please stress out the phrase so people know you're a free woman.

Yours Truly, Bubba Joe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Should I show respect for a country that doesn't have an Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution?

Should I show respect for a country that continues to limit females' bodily autonomy?

Ladyskins fan at least you understand the reason people stand for anthems unlike several other posters on this page.

Again I ask all of you (Except Ladyskins fan). Why do people stand for an anthem (any anthem)?

I expect I'll get the same deflections.

Edited by nonniey