Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

Yeah, yeah. yeah. The perpetual victim mentality.  Everything is being politicized and the DNC media is driving it. It's always someone else fault. 

When I hear Millionaires of any color crying about being oppressed,  I have to chuckle. BTW. My employer doesn't allow protests or political opinions of any kind on company time. Neither should the NFL. 

I can protest as well, by tuning out the NFL and not spending anymore of my money on the Great Snyder Experiment or it's sponsors....at some point, it just isn't worth wasting anymore of my time. Especially here because only your opinion matters, Right?

3 minutes ago, REDSKYNYRD said:

I can protest as well, by tuning out the NFL and not spending anymore of my money on the Great Snyder Experiment or it's sponsors....at some point, it just isn't worth wasting anymore of my time. 

Image result for well bye meme

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Haha 1

Doesn't like people wasting his time with thier protest so he comes here to waste out time with protest. 

Lol ok playa

44 minutes ago, REDSKYNYRD said:

Yeah, yeah. yeah. The perpetual victim mentality.  Everything is being politicized and the DNC media is driving it. It's always someone else fault. 

When I hear Millionaires of any color crying about being oppressed,  I have to chuckle. BTW. My employer doesn't allow protests or political opinions of any kind on company time. Neither should the NFL. 

I can protest as well, by tuning out the NFL and not spending anymore of my money on the Great Snyder Experiment or it's sponsors....at some point, it just isn't worth wasting anymore of my time. Especially here because only your opinion matters, Right?

I do applaud you for getting past the fake patriotism thing the rest of you people are doing. At least you aren't full of **** about it. I can appreciate that. 

On 10/2/2017 at 12:35 PM, REDSKYNYRD said:

The oppression isnt about whether they can protest on company time or not.  

Not to mention, having money doesnt mean you never experience racism.  

Thirdly, these millionaires didnt come out of the womb as millionaires.  Some of them have experienced some stuff and didnt forget where they came from, still have family and friends experiencing these things.  Many of them grew up and come from places where the things Kap was protesting are all too prevalent.

Or is it, now that they're rich, it's somebody else's problem?

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3

Its always funny when fans complain about professional athletes being entitled.

These people have worked hard at their craft their entire lives to get to this point. Meanwhile you are chatting garbage on an internet message board. Who is the entitled one here?

• Like 2

I come from a military family where my father served in the Marine Corps for 28 years and retired near Camp Lejeune, NC. I spoke with him last week about this and as a black military man he sees both sides. Yes, he will always stand for the national anthem but at the same time he supports how these guys are peacefully protesting and more importantly what they're protesting because he's seen and lived the very thing they're talking about, even as a United States Marine. Their right to protest is what he served for and he doesn't take offense because without protest (and he saw 10x more harsh in his time) he wouldn't be where he is and I wouldn't be where I am. Protests aren't supposed to be comfortable and convenient. They're supposed to bring awareness, giving a voice to the people who don't have one and get dialogue started. We also talked about the "spoiled rich athlete" excuse which we can't stand. These guys weren't BORN rich. Many have lived in poverty. I'm sure that these athletes didn't get rich by just laying around. I'm sure they worked exceptionally hard to be rich and that's what Americans are supposed to do, right? Dream. Work hard. Go after the almighty dollar so they can be comfortable? Nobody said anything about shutting up and ignoring the plights of others after you've "arrived". Many of these guys actually spend time and work with their communities but that's glossed over and they're "spoiled" because people want to use that to dodge the subject. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

So I am a teacher. This is a true story. Today I had a kid not stand for the pledge because he was buried in his phone playing some kind of game. He had earbuds on and didn't know the bell rang and was time for the morning pledge. I tried to get his attention, to no avail. After the pledge, I asked him, "Why did you not stand for the pledge?" He promptly shrugged his shoulders. Mind you the week before, he was one of the most vocal people about the football/anthem the week before. Hell he even mentioned it this past Monday again. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded haha. 

I've already asked once.

Please provide your financial statements so i can decide whether or not to give a **** about what you think.

Your last sentence is hilariously and spectacularly ignorant, since the rest of the post is you explaining why their opinions don't mean anything to you due to reasons that have nothing to do with the debate in any way shape or form,  because they have money you have decided what to listen to and what to not listen to. What they actually are saying bounces right off your skull, not because you don't understand it, but because you refuse to listen to it.

I don't know how to respect that at all. 

the fact you don't even realize that within 5 sentences you show yourself to be so completely and utterly ignorant should tell you something, but somehow i think self-reflection is beyond the mentality.

Honestly, sometimes "the problem" is presented so crystal clear that only the most ignorant are able to ignore it.

~Bang

50 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't love that meme. I've said it before, but keap said why he knelt and talked specifically about the flag. Police brutality is part of it, but not all of it, according to him. Even Jim Brown took it as disrespecting the flag.

The last line seems to say if you took it as Brown did, then you're a racist? Or participating in racism, or something along those lines which is a bit presumptuous. 

I'm fully in support of anyone's right to kneel for the anthem. I just don't like the mischaracterization of the motives with regards to keap and the assigning of motives of his critics. 

That meme speaks specifically of why Kaepernick kneeled, because of all the cops killing black people.

Other people have assigned their own meaning to kneeling, and that's okay.

Personally, I haven't sung the anthem, stood or placed my hand over my heart since 1968, when MLK and RFK were assassinated.  As a 16 year old female, I was also aware that this country has double standards for anyone other than a white male. Not much has changed in all those 49 years.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

On 10/4/2017 at 10:28 AM, Busch1724 said:

So I am a teacher. This is a true story. Today I had a kid not stand for the pledge because he was buried in his phone playing some kind of game. He had earbuds on and didn't know the bell rang and was time for the morning pledge. I tried to get his attention, to no avail. After the pledge, I asked him, "Why did you not stand for the pledge?" He promptly shrugged his shoulders. Mind you the week before, he was one of the most vocal people about the football/anthem the week before. Hell he even mentioned it this past Monday again. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded haha. 

I think a lot of the people complaining about the players kneeling are full of **** like that.  I respect Kaepernick and the kneeling players because they've actually got a principle and a cause they truly believe in.

There's a lot of fodder here, but two points that haven't been made yet. First, if your employer doesn't allow protests, maybe you don't have as much leverage as the players do. So maybe you need to step your work game up. Second, the whole flag protest as un-American idea ignores just how un-American police brutality is...or is it?

On 10/4/2017 at 8:22 AM, justice98 said:

The oppression isnt about whether they can protest on company time or not.  

Not to mention, having money doesnt mean you never experience racism.  

Exactly what this guy is saying. I mean if he's getting harassed, what do you think is happening with your garden variety black person? I guess he has no credibility though, being on the DNC and all.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That meme speaks specifically of why Kaepernick kneeled, because of all the cops killing black people.

Other people have assigned their own meaning to kneeling, and that's okay.

Personally, I haven't sung the anthem, stood or placed my hand over my heart since 1968, when MLK and RFK were assassinated.  As a 16 year old female, I was also aware that this country has double standards for anyone other than a white male. Not much has changed in all those 49 years.

I gotcha. I'm saying that's keaps statement about showing pride in the flag, combined with other statements and stances, made it muddy (predicto talked about this a few pages back). 

We'll disagree that things haven't changed much in 49 years, but agree that there is work to be done. :)

• Like 3

On 10/6/2017 at 8:00 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

.... That is how racism works.

No that isn't how racism works, but is an example of how many on the left (not all by any means) try to paint any disagreement as racism. Kneeling for the flag is disrespectful to the country. Point being is that the protesters position is they can't respect a country that (in their eyes) allows police brutality.

Edited by nonniey

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Kneeling for the flag is disrespectful to the country. 

This country was literally founded on the ability to have non violent protest. Telling people they CAN'T is disrespectful to the country. Understand what you are saying is factually and spiritually incorrect. Not trying to be disrespectful but just cause you and even the vets may feel it's disrespectful, doesn't mean it is. The constitution was very clear about this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

This country was literally founded on the ability to have non violent protest. Telling people they CAN'T is disrespectful to the country. Understand what you are saying is factually and spiritually incorrect. Not trying to be disrespectful but just cause you and even the vets may feel it's disrespectful, doesn't mean it is. The constitution was very clear about this. 

I'm not telling people they can't be disrespectful of the country as a means of protest. That is their right. The point being is that Kap and the others are kneeling because they believe the country doesn't deserve their respect (Jeez guys - it is not hard to understand that. Saying otherwise is twisting yourselves into pretzels to explain the action).

Bottomline - Why do people stand for the Anthem? It is to show respect. Not standing for the anthem is withholding that respect. Simple as that.