Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars Rogue One Thread

DM72

34 minutes ago, youngchew said:

There are 18 showings of RO on Saturday @ Alamo Drafthouse.  17 of them are sold out.  The one that isn't sold out is nearly empty......5:00 AM Saturday morning LOL.  I asked the wife this morning, she says she's down for now.  But we'll see when the alarm goes off Saturday morning at 3:30 LOL.

Otherwise we'll probably wait until Monday

Sounds like you have a keeper, in regards to your wife. I shudder at the response I would have received had I suggested to my ex-girlfriend that we go watch a Star Wars movie at 5 in the morning. 

1 hour ago, codeorama said:

TFA did the same thing for its release.  All the prequels had midnight releases but TFA was at 7pm.  

They've been doing it for awhile I just recently found out, for a lot of bigger blockbusters. I am just so out of the loop because it's mostly for comic book and/or related summer blockbuster type flicks which I mostly have no interest in coupled with the fact that as a father of two very young daughters, I don't often get to pick and choose when I want to see a movie.  For Star Wars though, it was happening!

If there are movie showing on December 15th then say the ******* release date is December 15th. It's like having Black Friday starting on Thursday. This is one of those things that annoys me to no end. Now hopefully I'll go see a late showing tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, ksun247 said:

Sorry, my eyes aren't working right. What am I missing in this screenshot? Thanks.

That's the back of the Ghost (ship) from the animated Star Wars Rebels show. That ship is only known so far from that comic strip - so it's involvement in the actual movie is kind of cool.

Here is what it looks like on Rebels.

Ghost_LM.png

The question is..who's on that ship in the movie? Is Ezra or Kanan still alive? Will any of the crew cameo in the movie?

edit..and I just realized I didn't actually include the pic from the trailer in my original post.

Here it is -->

rebels-maybe.jpg

The one at the bottom is thought to be the Ghost.  The engine design is unique and it matches the picture I posted yesterday of what the back on the Ghost looks like. 

18 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

They've been doing it for awhile I just recently found out, for a lot of bigger blockbusters. I am just so out of the loop because it's mostly for comic book and/or related summer blockbuster type flicks which I mostly have no interest in coupled with the fact that as a father of two very young daughters, I don't often get to pick and choose when I want to see a movie.  For Star Wars though, it was happening!

No doubt, I vividly remember the prequel releases. It was the best movie experiences I've ever had.  So fun.

I'm in the theater right now ready to watch!! 7 pm boys 

On 12/14/2016 at 4:05 PM, TK said:

7pm tickets for tomorrow night in 3D. 27 hours to go....

I can't watch in three d it'll hurt my eyes. But I'm here. 

And to the guy above they've shown movies that come out on Friday on Thursday for some time now. Saw Civil War and avengers and batman all on Thursdays at seven. 

Basically, without spoiling, Edwards made a movie that makes A New Hope have a different feel to it. He had so many Easter eggs it was just just nonstop. As a diehard fan, I kept seeing little things that were just amazing. Familiar and just cool. It was heavier than any other SW movie except for III. 

I could nitpick a few things but those are not even big deals. 

Holy ****ing YES!!!!

15 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Basically, without spoiling, Edwards made a movie that makes A New Hope have a different feel to it. He had so many Easter eggs it was just just nonstop. 

Watch yourself. That was AWESOME 

3 hours ago, DM72 said:

Lol...Come on. You guys should be leaving the theater by now. So far we only got one reaction.

Ended the way I expected it to in good way due to the odds they were up against. I'd watch it again. It was Star Trek level plausible, and I really appreciated that.

I liked it. Gonna try to keep everything but the most vague things in spoiler tags, since I assume that lots of folks don't want to know even trivial details. 

I wished they'd used more of John Williams' music. The new music wasn't bad, by any means. And I confess that I didn't like all of John Williams' music. But for example, I really liked the way they used his Force theme in the trailer, and kinda missed it, in the movie. 

On on that subject, there's at least one scene in the trailers that's not in the movie. But then, I'm cool with that. I find myself, in movies, wondering if they're getting ready to show me (that scene from the trailer). And I prefer films to be more surprises, and less checking things off of a list that you walked in with. 

Maybe it's just me, because I was really looking for it, but I thought some scenes of Tarkin looked like animation from a video game. 

I think I would have preferred it if the main plot was more spy movie, more infiltration and sneaking and lone operatives, and less huge fleet battles. Think I would have liked more of Darth Vader, badass, too. 

Theres several one one liners that I thought were great references to the films. 

Would have loved a Hidden Mickey in there, somewhere, but didn't see one. (And wasn't really looking for one). 

Archived