Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars Rogue One Thread

DM72

I am going to be disappointed if this is NOT the case!

You know the boy was going to have some issues after learning about what he did with his sister.  You think it would send a guy into a bit of a spiral, at least for a time. In any event, he never got to sew his wild oats, and the closest he ever got to a real woman was that time Yoda "accidentally" used the force to make his ***** into **** with **** and the 12 **** with the monkey swinging from his ***** covered in maple syrup.  Completely unnecessary training exercise, but it was a sign of the times I guess.

• 2 months later...

http://epicstream.com/news/Rogue-One-Filmmakers-Discuss-Reshoot-Concerns

Rogue One Filmmakers Discuss Reshoot Concerns

When we heard reports about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was getting reshoots, many interpreted it as a sign of trouble for the Gareth Edwards-helmed standalone film. While that may be true to some films that did reshoots, it's usually a norm for projects with big budgets. Even Mads Mikkelsen clarified that point recently. While some rumors have been debunked, many are still questioning the reasons why they had to return to the set, and now, the filmmakers talked to Entetainment Weekly to address the reshoot concerns. 

“I mean it was always part of the plan to do reshoots. We always knew we were coming back somewhere to do stuff. We just didn’t know what it would be until we started sculpting the film in the edit," director Gareth Edwards told EW. “There’s lots of little things that we have to get, but it’s all little things within the preexisting footage,”

*click link for more* 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/star-wars-rogue-one-forest-whitaker-character

Rogue One: Forest Whitaker’s character
has a rich Star Wars history

Meet Saw Gerrera, an old-time insurgent from 'The Clone Wars'

Meet the Rebel fighter who’s so extreme that the other good guys aren’t sure if he really is one.

Forest Whitaker’s character has been one of the more closely held secrets of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, but Lucasfilm is ready now to make his identity official: this shadowy freedom-fighter is Saw Gerrera, a figure with a surprisingly deep background in galactic history.

The warrior — seen in the Rogue One trailer asking, “If you continue to fight, what will you become?” — was actually first seen in season 5 of The Clone Wars animated series, when he was a young man on the planet Onderon, unleashing guerilla combat on the droid army of Separatists who took over his world.

*Click Link For More* 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/23/darth-vader-rogue-one-star-wars

Darth Vader Lives!

New details on the Sith lord's return in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'

Posted June 23 2016 — 9:15 AM EDT

Cue the heavy breathing.

Darth Vader is alive, angry, and merciless.

As part of EW’s Rogue One cover reveal, we confirmed the Sith lord will be back at the height of his powers in the Dec. 16 film, which takes place just prior to the events of 1977’s original Star Wars.

Ever since Lucasfilm announced that the plot of its first stand-alone movie would focus on the Rebel warriors who staged a heist of plans for the first Death Star, fans knew – or at least seriously expected – that the most iconic villain in film history would return to the screen. If he didn’t…? The collective rage of the Star Wars fandom would probably Force-choke whoever nixed him.

*Click Link For More* 

http://www.ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-first-look-photos

'Rogue One': 16 New Photos from the 'Star Wars' Film

*Click Link For Pics* 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1534729/star-wars-rogue-one-just-dropped-a-ton-of-footage-and-itll-get-you-excited

The Star Wars Celebration is underway in London this week, and among the goodies to make its debut is this new look at Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. While we didn't know what we would see at Star Wars Celebration in regards to Rogue One, we were as certain as we could be that we'd see something. It's the next release from Disney and Lucasfilm and, as the first movie ever that's not part of the traditional Star Wars saga, it's got a lot of people very interested in what the end result is going to look like.

Check out the new teaser with behind-the-scenes footage at the link.

F61A77EB-0E3F-4EC0-A814-318E6FADAF84_zps

I wouldn't say the only one,but I'm not with you on that one Larry. Looking forward to both,(just got done watching 7 yet again).

Ya know. Prior to the Disney buy out,the EU had become overly expansive with authors all but writing over each other. Lost interest in many of them. The Thrawn series though,was imho the best and seems to fit very well with the current direction of the franchise. Very happy with that. Love that pic. :)

Edit:  ABC didn't show the trailer? Grumble. 

Maybe I'm being too harsh on it.  But me, I saw 7 once, and had no interest in seeing it again.  I liked the prequils better.  Frankly, I thought the prequils had more surprises than 7 did.  (And I knew in advance how the prequils ended.) 

To me, everything in 7 was either: 

1)  Things I'd seen before.  More than once. 

2)  Vague mystical things that really are obviously foreshadowing things I've seen before, but they never actually got around to doing anything about it. 

Edit: ABC didn't show the trailer? Grumble.

What ABC showed last night was off of the bonus disc with the BluRay. They inserted a few minutes of behind the scenes footage for R1 at about the halfway mark.

Thrawn is the baddest mother****ah from the EU. They're introducing in the new season of Rebels. Considering Zahn's Thrawn trilogy kickstarted the entire original EU & resparked the interest in Star Wars, this news is bigger to me then the Rogue One stuff right now.

Y'know, that trailer has kinda got me wanting to watch that show.

But I go to see where I can stream it. (Seems there's a site, called decider.com, that will tell you which streaming services have which shows). And it looks like if I want to watch it, I have to pick one of two services that charge me per show. And watching the two seasons that are out so far is gonna cost me $80 or so.

Seriously? If I want to watch some cartoons, that have already been broadcast?

Y'know, that trailer has kinda got me wanting to watch that show.

But I go to see where I can stream it. (Seems there's a site, called decider.com, that will tell you which streaming services have which shows). And it looks like if I want to watch it, I have to pick one of two services that charge me per show. And watching the two seasons that are out so far is gonna cost me $80 or so.

Seriously? If I want to watch some cartoons, that have already been broadcast?

Check your PMs :)

Archived