Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars Rogue One Thread

DM72

Looks great and all... Forest Whitaker? ****ing sweet

... BUT    ;)

My inner stand-up comedian is just too strong on this one, I can't help it. A skinny, super white, British female protagonist, huh. BOOOO

My inner stand-up comedian is just too strong on this one, I can't help it. A skinny, super white, British female protagonist, huh. BOOOO

This is exactly my thoughts when I watched it. Like, I feel like I just watched this movie in the theater back in December. I would've preferred this new story have more differentiating it from the new trilogy than just the time period.

While I personally prefer the Jedi/Sith/Force User perspective, I've always also been interested in the non Force User perspective, particularly the Smugglers/Spies and what not, so this movie looks really good in that regard. Not the biggest Forest Whitaker fan though, he looks super cheesy with that costume, and while I normally love strong female leads, we kinda just had one last December. I would have preferred a hardened criminal type(so no to the sarcastic/witty Harry Ford clone).

My gut feeling is that this will be the best SW movie to come out since Empire Strikes Back. I liked the Force Awakens, but it was a bit too tied to the OT and had a sort of sequel feel to it-copying too many plotlines from Ep IV, and things getting lined up a bit too neatly. This looks like it will be unburdened by its predecessors and stand alone as a great movie.

Looks amazing

A good topic to tackle

I don't know man.  Didn't this happen twice?  Like once for the Death Star I, and then again for the Death Star II?  You would think after the first theft of the blueprints for DS1 that the emp. would have secured the plans for DS2 a little bit more securely.  And I'm pretty sure that Felicity "Stephen please come play croquet with me" Jones had nothing to do with it either time.

Anyways, I'll keep an open mind, as long as Melissa McCarthy doesn't show up in an x-wing plane thing.

This is exactly my thoughts when I watched it. Like, I feel like I just watched this movie in the theater back in December. I would've preferred this new story have more differentiating it from the new trilogy than just the time period.

She will end up being Rey's mom. BOOM! You heard it here first.

I don't know man. Didn't this happen twice? Like once for the Death Star I, and then again for the Death Star II? You would think after the first theft of the blueprints for DS1 that the emp. would have secured the plans for DS2 a little bit more securely.

How little you remember...

The Emporer in ROTJ is the one that let the plans be found. He was setting the Rebels up..

Don't you remember

"It's a Trap!"

(Sorry, couldn't post the meme"

She will end up being Rey's mom. BOOM! You heard it here first.

I was just going to say that. Too much of a resemblance to ignore. She and Luke must have hooked up sometime between eps 4 and 5 at mos eisley after Luke snorted some gungan powder off that nerfherder's ass.

She would be in her early-mid 30's if she was to have Rey, according to current canon timeline. Perfectly reasonable.

I thought the force awakens takes place 30 years after ROTJ. And she's a grown woman in Rogue One which takes place before ANH. Rey would be much older even if she survives Rogue One and conceived Rey as soon as ROTJ ended.

I thought the force awakens takes place 30 years after ROTJ. And she's a grown woman in Rogue One which takes place before ANH. Rey would be much older even if she survives Rogue One and conceived Rey as soon as ROTJ ended.

Well, Rey is around her early 20's...so she was born about 10 years after Rogue One/A New Hope.

Added - Rogue One supposedly takes place only one year before ANH.

I was just going to say that. Too much of a resemblance to ignore. She and Luke must have hooked up sometime between eps 4 and 5 at mos eisley after Luke snorted some gungan powder off that nerfherder's ass.

I am going to be disappointed if this is NOT the case!

Well, my opinion of this one is a whole lot better than my opinion of 7. 

Gonna travel back to the time when the Empire was scary.  :)

Also some brief glimpses of who I assume is going to be the Bad Guy imperial commander.  Looking suitably menacing. 

I'd thought for some time that the place I wanted Star Wars to go was, back after Star Wars came out, Lucas allowed Brian Daly to write three books centered around Han Solo, space bum.  From before Star Wars.  I really liked those stories.  No deep bombastic political messages.  Just Han and Chewy flying around the galaxy, trying to make ends meet by stealing things.  I even remember one line of dialog that stuck in my mind, all these years: 

Girl:  Do you always shoot first and ask questions later? 

Han:  I prefer shooting first.  As opposed to shooting second. 

I think there might be a TV series in there.  Several years of mindless entertainment and shoot-em-ups. 

Archived