Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars Rogue One Thread

DM72

Confession alert:  I never saw a single Star Wars movie until last year.  I watched 4, 5, and 6 before 7 came out last year.  I mentioned earlier that I never saw 1, 2, or 3 because I was told by some Star Wars aficionados that they weren't very good.  I kind of want to go back and watch those now.

But what I really want to do is go back and see Rogue One again and then come home to immediately binge watch 4, 5, 6, and 7.  I do wish I had all the old movies memorized so I can join in the discussion with the big fans.  I think being as detached from the series as I am, it made Rogue One and The Force Awakens that much better.  I don't know enough to be able to nitpick every little detail and I could just enjoy the movies.  

Seriously, if you haven't seen Rogue One, go see it meow.

I have to agree, I don't like the "Noooooo" part either. Otherwise, I thought it was a great scene. Vader crushing the droid and equipment around him was cool.

1 minute ago, CBass1724 said:

Confession alert:  I never saw a single Star Wars movie until last year.  I watched 4, 5, and 6 before 7 came out last year.  I mentioned earlier that I never saw 1, 2, or 3 because I was told by some Star Wars aficionados that they weren't very good.  I kind of want to go back and watch those now.

But what I really want to do is go back and see Rogue One again and then come home to immediately binge watch 4, 5, 6, and 7.  I do wish I had all the old movies memorized so I can join in the discussion with the big fans.  I think being as detached from the series as I am, it made Rogue One and The Force Awakens that much better.  I don't know enough to be able to nitpick every little detail and I could just enjoy the movies.  

Seriously, if you haven't seen Rogue One, go see it meow.

Don't listen about the Prequels not being any good.  Watch them. Just don't expect them to be more of the same.  They are completely different. They are on a much grander scale then the other movies.

30 minutes ago, Xameil said:

@codeorama if you get the chance somehow, you need to try the VR mission on Battlefront. It is insane...its only 1 quick mission, but it feels and sounds like you are in an X-Wing.

You should have played any X-Wing series game then, you were in a X-Wing :) Or a TIE Fighter also...

I miss those games.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You should have played any X-Wing series game then, you were in a X-Wing :) Or a TIE Fighter also...

I miss those games.

I played all of them. Try it in VR. everywhere you look you are in an X-wing. Its a 360 degree view. You can watch Tie-fighters shooting at you from behind. I REALLY hope they do X-Wing or TIE fighter in VR

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It seems inevitable 

Well....fingers crossed. I play a space combat game called Valkyrie. It's really sweet...in a tie fighter or x wing would be even better...or in Boba Fetts slave ship even better

6 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

You mean too old in that last post right ? The Jedi couldn't trust him. He proved it over and over. Surely when he murdered all of the Tuskans was a clear sign of a problem. 

Overall I agree with your points though. 

You also have to remember the prophecy that Mace spoke of.  They knew Anakin was the Chosen One who would bring balance to the force.  They weren't going to turn him away even though they knew the risk.

TIE Fighter might be the first long game that I poured enough time and effort into to actually complete from start to end. 

That game was really incredible for its time. LucasArts has started re-releasing classic stuff on Steam, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it pop up before too long. 

1 hour ago, codeorama said:

That sounds so badass. 

It is. If you get the chance try it. It looks like you are in the actual ****pit. You can even turn on the targeting computer. It was also awesome looking to the side and seeing the foils lock into place for attack

10 hours ago, Xameil said:

It is. If you get the chance try it. It looks like you are in the actual ****pit. You can even turn on the targeting computer. It was also awesome looking to the side and seeing the foils lock into place for attack

Where did you get to try that? Best buy?

22 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Where did you get to try that? Best buy?

If you have PSVR, and star wars battlefront, it was a free download. My wife got me the PSVR for an anniversary gift.

I would imagine there's a demo of it in a store somewhere. Either a Best Buy or a Gamestop.

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

If you have PSVR, and star wars battlefront, it was a free download. My wife got me the PSVR for an anniversary gift.

I would imagine there's a demo of it in a store somewhere. Either a Best Buy or a Gamestop.

Thanks, that sounds so cool.

The prequels were on this weekend, and they really are pretty lame on almost every level.  I'm content to wipe them from my mental canon and just start the saga with Rogue One.

On a side note, I kinda wish I was more into the universe beyond the movies, like Rebels, to appreciate the easter eggs.

22 hours ago, Xameil said:

I'll give it a try. I need more of you guys on there with me...lol.

Thanks for the shareplay experience last night, that VR mission looks so amazing.  I've got to try that out sometime.  Very cool how it tied into Rogue One and it makes you wonder what they are going to come up with next.

55 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Thanks for the shareplay experience last night, that VR mission looks so amazing.  I've got to try that out sometime.  Very cool how it tied into Rogue One and it makes you wonder what they are going to come up with next.

No problem. I'm glad you could at least get an idea of what the VR looks like. I'm really hoping Disney decides to do more of the star wars stuff in VR. I didn't show you the opening screen, but while the game is loading it has an AT-AT walking over you. 

If Disney does get smart and do an x-wing and tie fighter game in VR, I hope they do it similar to the other space combat game I was talking about. That one was done in a way that you are networked with players from the other VR platforms. So there are Rift, HTC and PSVR players all in the same game.

So many Rebels easter eggs...(saw the movie last night).

Hope that the two members of the Ghost referenced or shown aren't the only 2 that are still alive. 

spoiler below

Spoiler

Chopper was briefly shown in one scene and there was a intercom call for General Syndulla (which has been clarified to be Hera and not her father). 

The problem is.. when Mon Mothma and Bail Organna were talking and she asked about his jedi friend (OB1)..why didn't she ask Hera about her two jedi friends also? Makes me think they died sometime over the 1-2 years between Rebels and Rogue One. 

Rebels better go all the way up to Rogue One. 

I hated how Clone Wars ended without showing the Kidnapping of Palpatine.  

Given Epsiode IV and Obi Wan's reaction to meeting Luke, I don't know where Rebels is going on that arc... "I haven't been called Obi Wan for a loong time... a long, long time."  

Archived