Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars Rogue One Thread

DM72

45 minutes ago, China said:

Still don't see what is so great or menacing about Darth Maul.  He dies after 6 minutes of screen time at the hands of a padawan.  What, he's menacing because he's painted black and red and has horns?  Someone was trying too hard to make him evil by giving him devilish features.   But then I never understood the love for Boba Fett either (who died after only 5 minutes of screen time over 3 movies).

You've got to be kidding about Maul. He's the one thing the prequels got right. Qui-Gon barely escapes their first encounter and later He literally beats him and Obi-One at one time.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Which is more stupid: Storm troopers are all Boba Fetts or Darth Vader built C3PO?

Anakin building C3PO. 

3 hours ago, Bliz said:

The conversion of Annakin to the dark side should have been the climax of Ep 2, with Ep 3 about him reigning terror and stomping out the remnants of the old order, killing Jedi (full-grown ones.  Who have light sabers.  Onscreen) as he is attempting to establish his power in the universe, before he is finally beaten and ends up in that suit.

I certainly could have lived with that. 

28 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Which is more stupid: Storm troopers are all Boba Fetts or Darth Vader built C3PO?

The entire franchise is better if you forget just about everything about the prequels other than the final fight between Annakin and Obi Wan.  The best thing to happen to Star Wars was to have it taken out of George Lucas' hands. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

The entire franchise is better if you forget just about everything about the prequels other than the final fight between Annakin and Obi Wan.  The best thing to happen to Star Wars was to have it taken out of George Lucas' hands. 

Lol...Paging Code.

35 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You've got to be kidding about Maul. He's the one thing the prequels got right. Qui-Gon barely escapes their first encounter and later He literally beats him and Obi-One at one time.

I disagree, it's hard to imagine a more juvenile 2 dimensional bad guy than a devil ninja that says so little that virtually no star wars fans remembers him having any lines at all. 

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

I disagree, it's hard to imagine a more juvenile 2 dimensional bad guy than a devil ninja that says so little that virtually no star wars fans remembers him having any lines at all. 

I was just thinking that. I wasn't sure if he spoke at all lol

but he didn't need to. His presence told

the story 

Maul should have at least escaped at the end of 1 and been the main villain in Clones that Anakin kills for the emperor while Obi Wan is knocked out. 

1 hour ago, China said:

Still don't see what is so great or menacing about Darth Maul.  He dies after 6 minutes of screen time at the hands of a padawan.  What, he's menacing because he's painted black and red and has horns?  Someone was trying too hard to make him evil by giving him devilish features.   But then I never understood the love for Boba Fett either (who died after only 5 minutes of screen time over 3 movies).

Boba is lame as hell. He was killed by a 3 stooges routine. 

Darth Vader did all his work for him all he did has show up. He has nothing on Maul, a killer of a Jedi master. 

59 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Vader. It was so damn unnecessary to tie every character back to the prequels in some way especially when they made the prequels knowing damn well that their was no recognition of any of these characters in the subsequent OT story 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I was just thinking that. I wasn't sure if he spoke at all lol

but he didn't need to. His presence told

the story 

Yeah, that was my opinion. 

I thought his his stature as badass was established, when the door opened, he's standing there, and the two Jedi step forward. "We'll handle this". "We'll take route B". 

He he also got his own music. (Darth Vader has "The Imperial March"). 

Lucas had great ambitions for the prequels, but no ****ing clue how to turn eons of world building into a competent two hour script, nor did he know how to cast the young actors or direct them. Basically, everything directors are required to do, he couldn't. If someone else had directed the prequels, they might have turned out just fine and it's a blessing that he's not directing the current trilogy. He's just too close to the material to make good on it anymore.

Lucas was caught up in one thing... Lucas.

i recommend reading the making of Star Wars... it's an amazing and In depth look at the entire process. 

the original story started with a mace windy fighting an evil fish type thing...

wow, amazing how it morphed into the final product but it sure told a different story that contradicted much of what Lucas had been telling for years. 

It was like he was telling an alternate history to make himself look more brilliant.

though I agree getting a fresh take on SW is fun, it's in danger of being over done. Don't like all the prequels... though rogue one was awesome. Han Solo is dead and should be left that way... that was awfully stupid too.

I will first say I really liked episode vii, but if you think about it, it really is just episode iv again, just with a female lead and slightly different takes on what happened in iv. As much as Lucas "got wrong" in episodes i-iii, at least it wasn't a re-hash of a previous episode.

11 hours ago, Xameil said:

I will first say I really liked episode vii, but if you think about it, it really is just episode iv again, just with a female lead and slightly different takes on what happened in iv. As much as Lucas "got wrong" in episodes i-iii, at least it wasn't a re-hash of a previous episode.

Are we sure that history repeating isn't central to the plot?  Luke began training new jedi, but it ended in disaster and no new Jedi emerged.  The Star Wars prophecy was that the chosen one will bring balance to the force.  Luke has apparently failed to fulfill that bit.  He then went and made the situation worse by exiling himself, leaving the dark side unopposed.  Perhaps dark sides presence within the empire was underestimated, and Palpatine was busy making more red sabers while everyone was focused on Vader.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Are we sure that history repeating isn't central to the plot?  Luke began training new jedi, but it ended in disaster and no new Jedi emerged.  The Star Wars prophecy was that the chosen one will bring balance to the force.  Luke has apparently failed to fulfill that bit, then went and made the situation worse by exiling himself, leaving the dark side unopposed.  Perhaps dark sides presence within the empire was underestimated, and Palpatine was busy making more red sabers while everyone was focused on Vader.  

Sadly knowing that Hollywood has very few new ideas and knowing how Disney for the most part plays it safe....I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Are we sure that history repeating isn't central to the plot?  Luke began training new jedi, but it ended in disaster and no new Jedi emerged.  The Star Wars prophecy was that the chosen one will bring balance to the force.  Luke has apparently failed to fulfill that bit.  He then went and made the situation worse by exiling himself, leaving the dark side unopposed.  Perhaps dark sides presence within the empire was underestimated, and Palpatine was busy making more red sabers while everyone was focused on Vader.  

Didn't Darth Vader bring 'balance to the force' by culling the Jedi population down to about the size of the Sith population?

Archived