Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Redskins Sign DT A.J. Francis To Practice Squad

Francis, 26, signed on with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Maryland back in 2013. He was unable to make the 53-man roster during his rookie and was waived at the start of the season.

After brief stints wit the Patriots, Dolphins and Seahawks, Francis signed on with the Buccaneers a few weeks after this year’s NFL Draft. However, he was among their final roster cuts coming out of the preseason.

In 2015, Francis appeared in three games and recorded two total tackles while playing for the Dolphins and Seahawks.

Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson said he was fined by the NFL for wearing cleats with yellow caution tape on them in the Week 4 game vs. Cleveland. Jackson did not disclose the fine, but other players – notably Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown – were fined $6,076 for a first-time offense. Jackson said it was worth it and did not appeal the fine.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

On 10/8/2016 at 9:43 PM, DC9 said:

Nice pull, lol.  He was awful at tackle but wasn't a bad guard.  Dude lost a ton of weight but was never going to be a Shannahan guard being that big.  I think he had some legit cardio concerns as well late in the game before his release.

I think it was blood clots...and no, I don't have any idea why I know so much about this subject.  My wife would kill me if she knew about this...I've forgotten to do like five things already this week.

KB is correct. Was only posting in case those were interested in movement of former Redskins players, like I've been doing for quite some time now. I happen to follow current and former players and if an injury happens, you never know if he could be an insurance case.

Redskins Sign LB Carlos Fields To Practice Squad

The Washington Redskins have signed LB Carlos Fields to their practice squad on Wednesday, according to Master Tesfatsion.

• Tesfatsion assumes that Washington has placed DL Bobby Richardson on waivers in a corresponding roster move.
  •  

Fields, 26, originally signed on with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent out of Winston-Salem back in 2014. Since then, Fields has played for a number of teams including the Buccaneers, Giants, Colts, Redskins and mostly for the Bills.

In 2015, Fields appeared in five games and recorded four tackles.

I remember the name and that he is a LB, but I don't remember much else about him.

I think he was fast but maybe had a problem with coverage or tackling? 

I don't know.  But hey, team speed.

I love his attitude here, though

Harris added to roster,

Washington Redskins announce roster move

On Friday, Redskins head coach Jay Gruden announced that the Washington Redskins had placed first-round pick Josh Doctson on injured reserve because of pain in his Achilles tendons.

To take his spot on the 53-man roster, the Redskins have signed wide receiver Maurice Harris from the practice squad.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound rookie out of California was a bright spot for the Redskins in training camp.

Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay likes he sees in Harris.

“I think he’s a big, physical receiver,” said McVay. “He can compete both in the run and the pass game.

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I have hopes for Harris. I was just calling for him to get activated over Grant in the gameday thread. I heard positive things about him in camp,  but then again they were praising everybody there.  Hopefully his size can help our red zone packages at minimum. 

I really liked him in the PS and thought he'd stick. Grant surprisingly still can't catch in live action somehow.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really liked him in the PS and thought he'd stick. Grant surprisingly still can't catch in live action somehow.

Ryan Grant is yet another example of this coaching staff playing guys who should not be playing.....I don't understand the love affair Gruden has had with this guy.    He is not an NFL WR....I'm confident that nobody would sign him if we cut him.    Would much rather give Mo Harris the opportunity.

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Ryan Grant is yet another example of this coaching staff playing guys who should not be playing.....I don't understand the love affair Gruden has had with this guy.    He is not an NFL WR....I'm confident that nobody would sign him if we cut him.    Would much rather give Mo Harris the opportunity.

I think it's yet another example of us not wanting to play younger guys until they've proved it or beaten out the guy in front of him.  

Hopefully, Ross or Harris gets a play or two where they can show blocking and route running with catch opportunities to pass him on the depth chart.  

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Can't wait for all those fade routes thrown to Harris this week.  What could go wrong?!

They worked on endzone fades and over the shoulder passes a lot on the days I managed to go to camp. My recollection was the two guys who were surprisingly good at consistently hauling them in were TJ Thorpe and Harris. I don't recall seeing them trying it with him in the preseason, but If he gets in and they're near the EZ, it probably is something to watch for. You could be more right than you think.

43 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

They worked on endzone fades and over the shoulder passes a lot on the days I managed to go to camp. My recollection was the two guys who were surprisingly good at consistently hauling them in were TJ Thorpe and Harris. I don't recall seeing them trying it with him in the preseason, but If he gets in and they're near the EZ, it probably is something to watch for. You could be more right than you think.

that's it I'm excited to see "Showpiece Maurice" ...i know i know...well at least i tried

Archived