Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

4 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

So, would you see Taylor and Pot Roast on the field together?

Yes.  That essentially gives you 12 men on the field when you have Baker, Taylor, and Roast on the field in short yardage situations.  You can also play more defenses with that group because it should give you an extra linebacker or safety.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

There is a reason he is my favorite coach on the staff and it's not even close.  Dude's put out for a guy like that... he is ****ing awesome.  I posted this in the gameday thread yesterday after he was knocked down by Swags lol

Can't wait to see Swags pancaking Barry and Gruden

Redskins Signing DT Joey Mbu To Practice Squad

Nate Bouda 19 mins ago NFL Transactions, Redskins 0 Comments

The Washington Redskins are signing DT Joey Mbu to a contract on Monday, according to his Twitter account.

Grew up a fan, now I'm a part of the team #HTTR

— harambu. (@NotoriousMbu) October 10, 2016

John Keim reports that Washington was looking to sign someone to their practice squad today and Mbu just happens to be the only one out of the five players who worked out for the team to have eligibility.

Mbu, 23, originally signed on with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent out of Houston back in May of last year. He was unable to make the 53-man roster coming out of the preseason but was later signed to their practice squad.

The Falcons once again cut Mbu loose coming out of the preseason and briefly had him on their practice squad.

Mbu has yet to appear in an NFL game.

7 minutes ago, illone said:

Is it wrong to hope that Taylor and Potty Roaster are both signed?  Not sure who would be purged, though...

Just think if NFL teams were each given a weight-cap instead of a 53 man roster limit, we might have to cut 4 or 5 skill-position guys to equal the poundage of Taylor and Pot Roast.

A few pages back,  i was saying how i wanted to look at other teams practice squads to get depth.  I like this signing of a young DT. Hopefully he develops nicely

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015NT.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Houston_logo.gif

Houston_logo.gif Joey Mbu, NT, Houston 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 315. 
40 Time: 5.54. 
Projected Round (2015): 5-7. 

4/25/15: Mbu totaled 32 tackles with 2.5 sacks and 4.5 tackles for a loss in 2014. He has some size and quickness, but he never really produced up to his skill set. Mbu had some good reps at the Senior Bowl and also was handled on other plays. He recorded 29 tackles with .5 sacks, 3.5 for a loss, and three passes broken up in 2013.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2015NT.php#ylwevwVgjoyUrtRe.99 .  

K. Fuller to my eyes looked good yesterday.  Jay doubled down on that point in his press conference, saying he could be a very good slot guy for years to come then gushed about his instincts, work ethic. etc.

Cooley in his film study has been on safety and slot corner as the 2 biggest weaknesses on defense.  Maybe it was coincidence but we replaced the two worse players on defense according to him, with 2 major player improvements -- and the defense was night and day improved.  To take a dig though at Cooley this summer he questioned the Fuller draft pick. 

Too bad Doctson is injured because if we discover he is the real deal -- looks like Scot might have hit the jackpot on his first 3 picks.   Matt Ioannidis contributing is a good sign, too.   

32 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

If they can, sign Pot Roast back sometime this week.  I mean Whitner was in last Tuesday IIRC, andh tey ended up signing him later in the week.  Hopefully things come together.   

Worked out Tuesday - signed Wednesday

Probably deciding on who gets put down.  Doesn't sound like Ioannidis is an option cause they want to develop him at NT.  So it's probably Doctson to IR.

From NY papers today.  I take it as why Scot might not be willing to pay through the nose for a nose tackle.  Granted though we can use one on the cheap.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/10/why-giants-star-receiver-trio-is-becoming-a-problem/

One of the reasons the Jets declined to re-sign Damon “Snacks’’ Harrison is that they viewed him as a one-dimensional player. He is one of the best in the league at what he does — stopping the run — but in today’s pass-oriented game, a run-stopper is a part-time player. Sure enough, Harrison was on the field for only 48 of 80 defensive plays against the Packers. There were times when Harrison was on the sideline and the Packers altered their tendencies and ran it when it looked as if they were set up for a pass. That, plus poor tackling and hard running by Eddie Lacy, added up to 147 rushing yards for the Packers

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From NY papers today.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/10/why-giants-star-receiver-trio-is-becoming-a-problem/

One of the reasons the Jets declined to re-sign Damon “Snacks’’ Harrison is that they viewed him as a one-dimensional player. He is one of the best in the league at what he does — stopping the run — but in today’s pass-oriented game, a run-stopper is a part-time player. Sure enough, Harrison was on the field for only 48 of 80 defensive plays against the Packers. There were times when Harrison was on the sideline and the Packers altered their tendencies and ran it when it looked as if they were set up for a pass. That, plus poor tackling and hard running by Eddie Lacy, added up to 147 rushing yards for the Packers

So you're saying it's good that we didn't spend a **** ton of money on the one decent option out there in FA for a big man?

Good to know. lol

14 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:

According to Gruden Pot Roast will not be signed, just looking him over incase someone goes down.

Was that in a subsequent interview?  In the press conference I watched, he didn't say one way or another but inferred that just because they look at any player doesn't mean they will sign that player but he seemed to be referencing the point in theory versus flat out saying he's not signing Pot Roast.

Archived