Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

On 11/18/2016 at 8:21 AM, thesubmittedone said:

Jay Gruden saying "I know" like that is the best part for me. :ols: 

As if I needed more justification to enjoy rooting for him! 

Like "No ****, pimp sauce..." would've been the only thing he could've said better there.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Like "No ****, pimp sauce..." would've been the only thing he could've said better there.

lol, nice. 

You know what the best part of it is for me? We proceeded to move the ball against their defense almost the entire day at will. Had he said that and Zimmer then shut us down for the most part, he would've looked silly. But that's confidence backed up by truth right there. Pretty awesome. It's almost like Zimmer was conceding before the game they'd move the ball well and Gruden was just like "yup, sorry". :ols:  

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

What a shame for the guy. He was a good corner.

I think he'll catch on somewhere when he's full healthy. Won't be here because there really isnt anywhere for him to play...unless a backup role which I'm sure he doesnt want. Norman, Breeland, and Fuller.....we have built nice depth. Don't get me wrong, I liked Cully alot....but I just dont see him coming back here

I can see a team like the Giants or Cowboys taking a flyer on him...just to piss us off. Is there any other team in the NFL more than the Giants who pick up our retreads?

This is a weird thought I had after such a big win, but can't help it. I would seriously consider going after Terrelle Pryor in FA this offseason. He could replace Desean as our deep threat on the outside, but he's also 6'6" and a total freak talent. He's just hitting his stride as a WR at age 27 and due to his lack of experience probably won't command anywhere near what someone like Alshon would on the open market. Its worth looking into.

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

After we pay Cousins, we probably won't have $$$ to go after a WR... 

We've got tons of cap space coming up, and you'd only do that if you were letting both Desean and Garcon go of course, or Garcon was staying cheaply or something. But if you pay out the ass for Cousins you better make sure you keep supplying him with the weapons to succeed. Paying a decent contract to a playmaker on the outside (again if you're letting Desean and maybe Garcon both go) allows you to keep going BPA with your draft picks and building in the trenches and on D. Doctson may be a true #1 WR but we don't know that yet, and I'm not comfortable with anyone outside of Crowder if those two leave in FA.

Way too early for this talk of course, just spitballing. But you can't pay out a huge contract to Cousins and then not keep supplying him with the types of weapons that will let him continue his pre-contract success.

Archived