Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confirmed: Chief Zee passed away

Burgold

Hey Washington fans. I do not post here often, because as a Cowboys fan this is not my house. I never come here to gloat or insult.

I am sorry to you all for the loss of this good man. He was a delight to watch entertain. He and our Crazy Ray were friends. I was thrilled when he showed up at Ray's funeral in full costume. What a great tribute.

R.I.P. Chief Zee from a Cowboys fan who admired you very much.

Thanks, friend. Cool story

Hey Washington fans. I do not post here often, because as a Cowboys fan this is not my house. I never come here to gloat or insult.

I am sorry to you all for the loss of this good man. He was a delight to watch entertain. He and our Crazy Ray were friends. I was thrilled when he showed up at Ray's funeral in full costume. What a great tribute.

R.I.P. Chief Zee from a Cowboys fan who admired you very much.

cool deal man..thanx for sharing

He was a great guy.  I had the chance to meet two years ago at the Jacksonville Skins game when RG3 broke ankle. 

He's up on the stage with the cheerleaders (player pimp), starts to walk off as we're walking into the stadium.  I told my wife and buddies "There's Chief!!"  Ran over and said, HEY!! W'SUP Chief."  Let me get a picture.

He replied nicely, "Man, c'mon, you gonna have everybody trying to get a picture and I want to get to my seat." 

I said "Please just one."  So he said alright.  He stopped and posed for pictures with me, my wife and my friend and his wife.  He was so nice and cool.  Truly a pleasure. 

Prayers and condolences to his family and all of Redskins nation.  He will be missed.

Behold: the most tasteless article ive read in years:

Death of Washington's Chief Zee Offers Chance for NFL to Correct Long-Held Wrong

The fact that this man felt comfortable writing a scathing article about a beloved man a day after he passes leaves me in awe. He says he doesnt understand why Zee believed Freeman was personally attacking him, while doing that very thing in the wake of his death.

he quietly approached me.

"You the guy always criticizing the Redskins name?" he asked.

"I am," came the response.

"You're a fool; it's meant to honor Indians," he said.

"You're an embarrassment,"

"In Williams' later years, his health declined, and he was broke

In what way is this not hateful? Why should the Redskins change their name to appeal to the likes of this asshat who could barely contain himself at the prospect of trashing a poor, old man to push his own agenda. Seriously, **** Mike Freeman. Shame on him for cashing in on a kind man's death for a few dollars and some cheap publicity.

I never met the man (mainly as I live in the UK and haven't made it to a Skins game yet), but loved seeing him on TV each and every week. He is the GOAT fan for me, and I was truly sad to hear of his passing. It's the mark of the man that he was loved by so many, and I have never heard a bad word said about him (except by that douchebag writing the article quoted above), and so many people filled my twitter TL (and this thread) with touching tributes and moments they had shared with the man.

I really hope we do something special to honour Zee. Ring of Fame or naming the section his seat is in (and then dedicating a section of the seating in the new stadium when we move to ensure that legacy isn't lost in a few years) after him would be both be appropriate ways for the Skins to celebrate his commitment to the team in my opinion.

I obviously can't attend the funeral, but I hope you guys turn up in huge numbers and give him the send off he deserves from the RedskinsNation.

RIP Zee.

CnwpeywWEAIoIyR.jpg

Thanks for sharing that update, SWFL. I hope many of the family here on the board will be able to attend and bid farewell to one of the most dedicated among fans the team has ever had. Unfortunately, I never met him, but he was a staple of my Redskins watching experiences as I grew up. He will be missed. HTTR!!

1. Open to the public viewing (9-11a) & funeral (11a-1p) for #ChiefZee. 7/27 @ Glenarden 1st Baptist Church Worship Center Upper Marlboro MD

1 retweet1 like

Retweet

More

@LakeLewis I also was told that #Redskins gear is welcomed and asked to pass this along.

Archived