Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confirmed: Chief Zee passed away

Burgold

I'm not one to take pictures with celebrities or famous people, hell I literally ran into Joe Theismann at his restaurant one day on a service call lol  and didnt take a pic with him,  or people not close to me, have never been into that, and I never took a picture with Chief Z, and I am regretting it 1000x right now. I've talked to him numerous times and he was the coolest guy, RIP my friend and see you on the other side to get that picture and sing HTTR with you!

My heart is broken. I had hoped to look for Chief Zee this year at the Cleveland game when we came down from upstate New York. I never had the pleasure to meet him. My parents were stationed at Andrews and we moved away when I was young. However, as kids we always looked for Chief Zee on the televised games - it was like we were seeing family we still had in DC!   :(  Hail to the Chief. 

I wouldn't mind if we put him in the ring of honor at Fed Ex. Not sure if that can be done, but he was a great part of the culture and tradition for so many years.

BG...GREAT idea! He deserves it! Power of the underground...how can we drive this?

God bless you Chief Zee and bring you home to the great RFK in the sky. You were a lovely, lovely man and a tremendous fan. You will be sorely missed by me and my family.

God bless and keep your family in their loss. HTTR

Funny how you can be real saddened by the passing of someone you've never met who was just a fellow fan. 

Don't think I'be ever read a bad word from anyone on the Chief. Always read as a real nice, genuine guy. And as someone who's dedicated a lifetime  travelling all over this darn globe following a sports team season in, season out, with all the massive personal and financial sacrifices therein; I can wholeheartedly connect and appreciate his passion for what was undoubtedly his life love outside of probably only his faith and family 

God Rest Chief. As the great man would say, we just lost a core Redskin. 

Hail. 

BG...GREAT idea! He deserves it! Power of the underground...how can we drive this?

I wouldn't mind if we put him in the ring of honor at Fed Ex. Not sure if that can be done, but he was a great part of the culture and tradition for so many years.

Sorry if my quotes are backwards, I can't really see well right now...

He deserves everything. I was just a few years in on my fandom when he started being Chief...our biggest fan, loyal to the very end. A true warrior.

HAIL TO THE CHIEF. (I would never wish harm on anyone, but I hope the Philly fans who roughed him up have a truly ****ty day.)

Great fan, friendly person.  I met him a few times in the 2000's when I attended more games and took a picture with him in 2006.  Sad to hear but hopefully his passing was peaceful and he is in a better place.  RIP.

Archived