Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confirmed: Chief Zee passed away

Burgold

Sorry it took me so long to come on ES but between the shock of it all to trying to come to terms with my own emotions I wasn't ready.  I just spoke to Chief a week or two ago and he sounded great, excited for the season, and we were going to the Super Bowl.  I loved him as family and he loved all of us back. 

Thank you everyone for helping him throughout the years,  we all meant a lot to him and it is going to be hard going into the season without him but he will be cheering from above. 

HTTR and as Chief always said "God Bless"

Huly

It can't be said enough.  The man was so kind, gracious, and giving of his time.  We saw him before practically every home game as he headed into the stadium.  Heck, this year he even stopped his scooter and got up and danced to the band that was playing just outside of the stadium.  And he never turned down a picture request from anyone.  Always had that big smile on his face.  My wife has several pics with him.

But my favorite Chief moment was the day of the 2012 playoff game versus Seattle.  We were in the car and had just exited the beltway at Arena Dr.  We're sitting at the light waiting to turn and I look to the left and it's Zee driving to the stadium himself.  We rolled down the windows and yelled at him and he leaned out of the car with his toy tomahawk yelling "Hail to the Redskins".  Was a great memory.

Rest easy big fella.  Til we meet again....

RIP Chief Zee. I will always remember the first home game I attended. We destroyed Detroit 34-3, it was one of Sean Taylor's last games, and I was lucky to have a pic taken with Chief Zee when he came to our section to lead cheers.

I always thought he was an "official" Redskins "cheerleader" until I learned on this site that he was loyal fan. I'm sure the team will honor Chief Zee in an appropriate, special way.

RIP

Damn... RIP Zema

Revving up the Diesel....aaarrrrrum...aaarrrrrum...let's go Diesel....aaarrrrrum...aaarrrrrum...

I was 6 when we won our 1st Super Bowl, I remember "We Want Dallas!," 70 Chip, and most of the Gibbs 80's-90's run. This quote ranks up there with those memories. Loved the passion Chief Z brought.

A sad day for Redskins Nation. He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers.

I spoke with him many times. Each time he said that he loved my leather Redskins jacket and wanted to know where I got it. He was always gracious, kind and a true fan to the end. He was a great role model as well. RIP.

I am a cowboys fan. One day I was at my friends Barbeeshop in DC getting my haircut and like normal my buddy and I were smack talking since he is a skins fan. Chief Zee came into the shop and we all started talking football. I have a picture of him play choking me while I was getting my haircut. He was such a friendly man who was so passionate about his team. It was an honor to meet him. He will be missed.

Hey Washington fans. I do not post here often, because as a Cowboys fan this is not my house. I never come here to gloat or insult.

I am sorry to you all for the loss of this good man. He was a delight to watch entertain. He and our Crazy Ray were friends. I was thrilled when he showed up at Ray's funeral in full costume. What a great tribute.

R.I.P. Chief Zee from a Cowboys fan who admired you very much.

I will miss you Chief Z....memories of you go all the way back to my childhood....CRANK UP THAT DIESEL!!!!  Whoomp!!!! Whoomp!!!

It was a thrill for me to met him in person when I was attending games.  I still remember our conversations...it was always great to talk to him...his optimism about the Skins was what I admired the most.  Really a great guy....loved sharing some Grey Goose with him a time or two at the tailgate.  ;)

I am happy that I got to know him a little over the years tailgating and to me he is the greatest and will be the greatest fan of all-time.  Keep an eye on us Chief Zee from Heaven.  R.I.P.  :)

Very sad to hear this.  I was hoping to see him again in Baltimore on October 9th.  I had the pleasure of first meeting him in '97 at FedEx, when he was holding a "receiving line"; I went through the line to be greeted by Chief Zee, was shocked to have high-5'd a guy in a Ravens jersey.  Years later, I ran into him at our stadium ... he remembered the incident.  I was impressed!

You will be missed.

Archived