Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

Just now, Simmsy said:

Fox will never be held accountable, thats what I get for getting my hopes up...getting my hopes up behind a corporation at that...

The ONLY thing that would make me less irritated, is if somehow Dominion figured out that the amount a jury would award them would likely be significantly less than $800B. But even then, I hoped that they would say "You know what, screw it. It's worth losing $300 million to see you guys squirm and embarrass yourselves in front of the entire nation, and we want this crap on the record for all time."

(and yes, I know that it all went deep into fantasy land when I had a company being ok with losing $300 million dollars lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Cabaret, some lyrics from Money Makes the World Go Round

[KP] Money makes the world go round
[Nas] (Go money, go money)
[R ] You believe it if you want to
[Nas] (Go money, go money, yo)
[R ] Said that almighty dollar
[R ] Yes it does
[Nas] (Still don't nuttin' move but the money)
[R ] This brother's got to have it
[R ] From sun up till the sun goes down
[Nas] (Yeah, what?)
[R ] So much money

Oops, not the Cabaret song.

Money... Money
Money makes the world go around
...the world go around
...the world go around.
It makes the world go 'round.
A mark, a yen, a buck or a pound
...a buck or a pound
...a buck or a pound.
Is all that makes the world go around
That clinking, clanking sound...
Can make the world go 'round
Money money money money
Money money money money
Money money money...
If you happen to rich
And you feel like a night's entertainment
You can pay for a gay escapade.
If you happen to be rich and alone
And you need a companion
You can ring (ting-a-ling) for the maid.
If you happen to be rich
And you find you are left by your lover,
And you moan and you groan quite a lot
You can take it on the chin,
Call a cab and begin to recover
On your 14-karat yacht! WHAT!?
...the world go around
...the world go around.
Money makes the world go aroung
Of that we both are sure...
*rasberry sound* on being poor!
Money money money money
Money money money money
Money money money...
When you haven't any coal in the stove
And you freeze in the winter
And you curse to the wind at your fate.
When you haven't any shoes on your feet,
Your coat's thin as paper,
And you look 30 pounds underweight
When you go to get a word of advice
From the fat little pastor,
He will tell you to love evermore.
But when hunger comes to rap,
Rat-a-tat rat-a-tat at the window
*knock knock* (at the window)
Who's there? (hunger) oh, hunger!
See how love flies out the door...
For, money makes the world go around
...the world go around
...the world go around.
Money makes the world go 'round
The clinking, clanking sound of...
Money money money money
Money money money money...
Get a little, get a little
Money money money money...
Mark, a yen, a buck or a pound,
That clinking, clanking, clunking sound,
Is all that makes the world go 'round,
It makes the world go 'round!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3

Pretty disappointed in this settlement. The $ figure is about what I expected, but I really thought Dominion would demand, and get, on-air statements from the Fox News heavyweights. 

Makes me wonder where the lawyers thought the weaknesses in their case were, other than just the high burden over proving actual malice. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It's a sad day when 
a/ this happens when they had the boot right on the throat...

b/ watching right wing loons trumpet a 3/4 of a billion dollar settlement as a 'win'.

Ah, at this point it's just whistling past the graveyard.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Fox News' Legal Battles Aren't Over Yet

ore evidence of Fox News' alleged misconduct while reporting the 2020 presidential election could be unveiled by another lawsuit against the media conglomerate, according to a statement from Smartmatic lawyer Erik Connolly.

Fox News faces multiple legal battles over claims some of its reporters made regarding conspiracies related to the 2020 presidential election. On Tuesday, Dominion Voting Systems reached a $787 billion settlement with Fox shortly before attorneys were expected to deliver opening statements. The trial was scheduled to start Monday and then was delayed, sparking rumors of the possible settlement. But despite the agreement between the two parties, Fox News continues to face legal troubles over its 2020 election reporting.

Smartmatic, an election technology company rivaling Dominion, is also suing Fox News. The lawsuit, which was filed in February 2021, is seeking $2.7 billion in damages from the media corporation as well as some of its anchors, more than $1 billion higher than the Dominion lawsuit, which sought $1.6 billion in damages before reaching the settlement.

Click on the link for the full article

In related news...

Fired Fox News producer says she found more evidence relevant to Dominion case

Ex-Fox News producer Abby Grossberg said she recently found more evidence relevant to Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against her former employer and plans to turn it over to the court.

Grossberg, who worked as a senior producer for hosts Maria Bartiromo and Tucker Carlson, alleged in a new sworn statement obtained by NBC News that Fox lawyers ignored repeated reminders about an additional cellphone in her possession and did not search it during court-ordered discovery. 

In the statement, Grossberg said she repeatedly told Fox lawyers that she had an inoperable company-issued cellphone that she used during 2020 election coverage. Fox lawyers told her to hang on to the device but never searched it or copied her files, as they did with her other phones, according to the statement. 

Grossberg was fired in March after she filed a lawsuit claiming that Fox lawyers coerced her into giving misleading testimony in the Dominion case and that she was being made a scapegoat for the network’s 2020 election coverage. Fox says she was fired for divulging privileged information.

Grossberg, in the new affidavit, said a forensic expert recently pulled two recordings off the broken phone that she recorded using an app called Otter, which simultaneously records and creates text transcriptions of audio files. The recordings, which she details in the affidavit and audio of which was shared with NBC News, are of phone interviews she participated in with Bartiromo: one with Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and another with two sources who claimed to know about Dominion voter fraud. 

I think that information might be of use to Smartmatic, and perhaps in Grossberg's own lawsuit against FOX.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Pretty disappointed in this settlement. The $ figure is about what I expected, but I really thought Dominion would demand, and get, on-air statements from the Fox News heavyweights. 

If Dominion was concerned about damage to their reputation with the Fox News audience, this settlement really does nothing toward addressing that as it won’t be covered on the network where the false claims were made.

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

If Dominion was concerned about damage to their reputation with the Fox News audience, this settlement really does nothing toward addressing that as it won’t be covered on the network where the false claims were made.

True. It appears that Dominion just wanted money, can’t blame them, and they just won an award worth about 10x what the entire company is worth. So, not a bad day. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dominion-worth-80-million-despite-billion-lawsuit-fox-news-says-2023-2#:~:text=Dominion sued Fox News for %241.6 billion%2C alleging it helped,%2480 million%2C according to Fox.

• Like 1

I'm sure there's an NDA  clause somewhere in the settlement that covers what can be disclosed publically.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

True. It appears that Dominion just wanted money, can’t blame them, and they just won an award worth about 10x what the entire company is worth. So, not a bad day. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dominion-worth-80-million-despite-billion-lawsuit-fox-news-says-2023-2#:~:text=Dominion sued Fox News for %241.6 billion%2C alleging it helped,%2480 million%2C according to Fox.

And they get it right away without any appeals. Unless there's a payment plan undisclosed.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

So it’s a cash grab by Dominion and the loss to Fox News is a percentage of profit for a single year. Nothing else:

The court says Fox News lied but nobody cares because it’s not new information.

Are Sydney Powell, My Pillow Guy and Rudi Guilliani next in court?

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The ONLY thing that would make me less irritated, is if somehow Dominion figured out that the amount a jury would award them would likely be significantly less than $800B. But even then, I hoped that they would say "You know what, screw it. It's worth losing $300 million to see you guys squirm and embarrass yourselves in front of the entire nation, and we want this crap on the record for all time."

(and yes, I know that it all went deep into fantasy land when I had a company being ok with losing $300 million dollars lol)

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

One of the podcasts I listen to (Daily Beans i think it was) said that Dominion still has a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders so they can't just go the 100% moral route.  Not sure how much that played into it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

https://thehill.com/media/3957726-bill-oreilly-criticizes-fox-news-following-settlement-the-nightmare-will-continue/

Bill O’Reilly criticizes Fox News following settlement: ‘The nightmare will continue’

“Big energy in liberal media corridors as Fox News is punished for foolish coverage of the 2020 election,” O’Reilly said in a statement on his website. “This is what happens when money becomes more important than honest information. Since I left FNC [Fox News Corp], the template changed from ‘Fair and Balanced’ to ‘tell the audience what it wants to hear.’”

-more at link

<Snickering>

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Another line of attack is now going after the directors for not executing their fiduciary responsibility. 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/esg/fox-defamation-suits-expose-board-of-directors-to-fresh-risks

Yea, and that has the potential to be serious.  The current leaderboard looks like:

• $787 billion settlement already agreed to;
  • Likely settlement in a similar case by Smartmatic asking for $2.7 billion, where settlement negotiations are likely to land somewhere near the Dominion settlement; and
  • Derivative lawsuits by shareholders contending that the Fox Corp. board of directors failed in its duty to oversee the company, including but not limited to completely ****ting the bed with respect to ensuring Fox News isn't defaming anyone night after night, week after week, when it knows what it is broadcasting are lies, and those lies cost shareholders their proportionate share of $787 billion in earnings plus whatever Smartmatic gets.  

All of these are likely to settle out of court, but the numbers get pushed up because the litigants all have the same leverage:  Fox desperately wants to avoid going into a court room and have their on-air talent be forced to say things that destroy their credibility with the audience.  Which is kind of strange in that, in this specific situation, Fox News' hosts credibility is built on a foundation of a willingness to say false things or half-truths that support their audience's worldview, rather than saying that that are, you know, actually credible. 

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Any way we can sue Fox, get all the evidence from Dominion’s lawyers and refuse to settle?

I swear i was thinking the same ****. I guess they could wrap us up in legal voodoo until we run out of money though. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, and that has the potential to be serious.  The current leaderboard looks like:

• $787 billion settlement already agreed to;
  • Likely settlement in a similar case by Smartmatic asking for $2.7 billion, where settlement negotiations are likely to land somewhere near the Dominion settlement; and
  • Derivative lawsuits by shareholders contending that the Fox Corp. board of directors failed in its duty to oversee the company, including but not limited to completely ****ting the bed with respect to ensuring Fox News isn't defaming anyone night after night, week after week, when it knows what it is broadcasting are lies, and those lies cost shareholders their proportionate share of $787 billion in earnings plus whatever Smartmatic gets.  

All of these are likely to settle out of court, but the numbers get pushed up because the litigants all have the same leverage:  Fox desperately wants to avoid going into a court room and have their on-air talent be forced to say things that destroy their credibility with the audience.  Which is kind of strange in that, in this specific situation, Fox News' hosts credibility is built on a foundation of a willingness to say false things or half-truths that support their audience's worldview, rather than saying that that are, you know, actually credible. 

And while it will be small potatoes in comparison, there is also the lawsuit of former Fox producer Abby Grossberg:

Lawyers for ex-Fox News producer suing for discrimination vow to bring 'meaningful changes' to network after Dominion settlement

A former producer at Fox News who alleges the company has an institutional bias against women remains "as committed as ever" to pursuing litigation against the company in the hopes of achieving real change there, her attorneys said in a statement on Tuesday.

Abby Grossberg, who worked as a producer for Tucker Carlson and Maria Bartiromo before being fired last month, is suing Fox News on the basis that her career was thwarted by what she claims was a culture of misogyny and antisemitism.

Fox News has denied the allegations, with a spokesperson telling Insider that her legal claims "have no merit."

Grossberg has also alleged that Fox News lawyers prodded her to make false statements for a deposition in the lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems, which was settled Tuesday afternoon for $787.5 million. Last week her attorneys also said they found recordings on her electronic devices, of conversations between Fox News employees the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, that the company failed to hand over during discovery in the Dominion case.

Parisis G. Filippatos and Tanvir H. Rhaman, lawyers for Grossberg, suggested Tuesday that she is not eager to settle her case, at least not just yet. In a statement, they said: "While we congratulate Dominion on a truly precedent setting settlement, we cannot help but be reminded of how Fox News's penchant for paying out notoriously large settlements to resolve lawsuits exposing its unlawful conduct – whether it's troubling allegations of workplace discrimination and sexual harassment and misconduct, to accusations of spreading malicious lies – have unfortunately, to date, failed to bring about actual meaningful changes to the network's abhorrent culture of lawlessness."

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Any way we can sue Fox, get all the evidence from Dominion’s lawyers and refuse to settle?

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I swear i was thinking the same ****. I guess they could wrap us up in legal voodoo until we run out of money though. 

Just so you know, I'm far, far ahead of you on this on.  LOL at "we."  :806:

1 hour ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Mentioned this in another thread. Scientology style when they went at the US Gov and IRS to be declared a religion to not pay taxes. Had a ton of their members do everything from individually sue the Gov't to try to spy on them, get jobs there and collect data. For being a ****ty cult. It worked. 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw Fox News will most likely just get it all back by forcing the costs onto consumers. Until the major cable companies can break free of them or force them on to premium tiers, nothing will change.

and that's what I want on the State Level. Free us from having to buy packages of TV where we don't need 90% of it. Would this hurt CNN and MSNBC? Yep, and I don't care. I'd pay for those and not for Fox or a bunch of other **** I never watch. Home Shopping Network, or Oprah's channel or Lifetime. Base in the space means peace, see you later.

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just so you know, I'm far, far ahead of you on this on.  LOL at "we."  :806:

Obviously by we I meant you Tshile bankrolling us specifically. I dont see why thats funny we are family now you have to just accept that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4