Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

A fine example of a woman selling out other women to get the crumb of power thrown to her to make sure females fall in line to the male power structure.

:809: but no :809:

Power corrupts. 

I used to read books about Ben Carson as a child. I had a bookcase of strong black individuals that moms made me read until I liked it. And it worked! Do you know the mind **** he is giving me right now? I may never get over his betrayal. I wanted to be that dude. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, Llevron said:

Power corrupts. 

I used to read books about Ben Carson as a child. I had a bookcase of strong black individuals that moms made me read until I liked it. And it worked! Do you know the mind **** he is giving me right now? I may never get over his betrayal. I wanted to be that dude. 

i still haven't gotten over what Bill Cosby was shown to be.... 

I-Spy/Electric Company/Fat Albert/CLEAN hilarious standup/Cosby show/......   serial rapist

i still shake my head and whimper a little :(

• Sad 2

• 7 months later...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-calls-women-extremely-primitive-in-unearthed-audio

Tucker Carlson Calls Women ‘Extremely Primitive’ in Unearthed Audio

Fox News star Tucker Carlson once argued that women are “extremely primitive” beings who “just need to be quiet and kind of do what you’re told,” according to newly unearthed audio of the host ranting on a shock jock radio show.

According to the media watchdog organization Media Matters, Carlson repeatedly called into the popular radio program Bubba the Love Sponge between 2006 and 2011 and let loose with sexist and misogynistic language—often at the expense of well-known female figures, including Arianna Huffington and Elena Kagan, a then-Supreme Court nominee and now an associate justice of the Supreme Court.

I find it amazing that

A/ there were any actual journalists left working for Fox, and

B/ it took any of them this long to figure out the entire network is propaganda and has been for a LONG TIME.

So, uh, yeah, Mr. Journalist Who Resigned On Moral Grounds.

Nice instincts, there.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-calls-women-extremely-primitive-in-unearthed-audio

Tucker Carlson Calls Women ‘Extremely Primitive’ in Unearthed Audio

Fox News star Tucker Carlson once argued that women are “extremely primitive” beings who “just need to be quiet and kind of do what you’re told,” according to newly unearthed audio of the host ranting on a shock jock radio show.

According to the media watchdog organization Media Matters, Carlson repeatedly called into the popular radio program Bubba the Love Sponge between 2006 and 2011 and let loose with sexist and misogynistic language—often at the expense of well-known female figures, including Arianna Huffington and Elena Kagan, a then-Supreme Court nominee and now an associate justice of the Supreme Court.

I hate Fox.  I hate Tucker Carlson.

And while there's truth in jest (in this case, I am speaking about how Tucker Carlson probably really views people...not just women, but people), there's got to be some sort of..for lack of a better term... social contract here when someone calls into a shock jock/comedy radio show.  It's the same as going to a standup comedy show, you need to put your social values aside and realize you might be offended, or hear something that's offensive to others.

I've heard bits and pieces of Bubba the Love Sponge before.  It sucks.  It's bad radio.  I'm gonna pull a @TryTheBeal! here and act like "What's the big deal?"...because...what is the big deal?  The guy probably gave a glimpse into how he really feels but...is anyone surprised?  Why is this news?  

**** man, we're really going down the ****ter when radio calls from 10 years ago into the Bubba the Love Sponge show is making news.  

• Thanks 1

Echoing @Spaceman Spiff, the fact that mega-douche Tucker Carlson called into a shock-jock show in 2009 to drop some hot takes on Mormon child brides doesn’t move the needle for me at all.  

In fact, stuff like that is the basis of his appeal...that’s who he is and that’s why he’s on TV.  To give douchebag takes for the douchebags that watch him.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Echoing @Spaceman Spiff, the fact that mega-douche Tucker Carlson called into a shock-jock show in 2009 to drop some hot takes on Mormon child brides doesn’t move the needle for me at all.  

In fact, stuff like that is the basis of his appeal...that’s who he is and that’s why he’s on TV.  To give douchebag takes for the douchebags that watch him.

I'm getting the hang of it, TTB!  Basically, nothing really matters.  Until it matters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, visionary said:

Wearing a hijab does not make you disloyal to the constitution.

Attempting to infringe upon a person's 1st Amendment freedoms of religion and self-expression, on the other hand, DOES make you disloyal to the Constitution.  

• Like 3

1.  I think Tucker should apologize.  He can take the stance that he is taking now, while apologizing.  

2.  I think all who are in a position where people follow/listen should set some sort of example and or apologize if it's incorrect.  

3.  I dislike our culture of going back and digging things up on people decades ago (Looking at athletes particularly), but for tweets if you are escalating your career in ways in which you are in the public eye, delete things you don't believe today.

I don't think Tucker should lose his job over this.  You can disagree with him, think hes a certain way, but it shouldn't get him fired.  Now, if he loses sponsors, and Fox thinks he's not financially productive, that could happen.

10 minutes ago, superozman said:

1.  I think Tucker should apologize.  He can take the stance that he is taking now, while apologizing.  

2.  I think all who are in a position where people follow/listen should set some sort of example and or apologize if it's incorrect.  

3.  I dislike our culture of going back and digging things up on people decades ago (Looking at athletes particularly), but for tweets if you are escalating your career in ways in which you are in the public eye, delete things you don't believe today.

I don't think Tucker should lose his job over this.  You can disagree with him, think hes a certain way, but it shouldn't get him fired.  Now, if he loses sponsors, and Fox thinks he's not financially productive, that could happen.

I agree with point #3, the one unnerving thing about this is that there's a liberal group dedicated to doing stuff like this.  I'm sure the conservatives have one, too.  Can't have an NFL draft or an NBA draft these days without having an athlete having to apologize for a tweet from 8 years ago.  

Starting to disagree with your first point.  Apologies are being dished out left and right these days, to a point where they're not genuine and meaningless.  I believe people aren't sorry for 95% of the things they're being called to the mat on, they're sorry they got called out and are having to deal with being uncomfortable.  Putting out an apology in a tweet that's 140 characters or however many characters they have now is worth absolutely nothing.  

I'm growing increasingly tired of a lot of things, the apology culture being one of them.  **** that, don't apologize.  It doesn't do anything these days.  Would anyone here feel better about Tucker Carlson if he apologized?  No.  Would anyone believe it?  No.  

The sad thing is, he won't lose sponsors, this will just rile up the base even more.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

@Spaceman SpiffI can agree on the apologizing thing...it's not like Carlson would actually mean it...pretty much the entire world knows he's a total douchenozzle, and while it's bad to hear someone say the stuff he said in those clips, I'm surprised by precisely zero of it. 

That being said, as I noted earlier I DO take umbrage to him acting all defiant about it and then telling people who have a problem with it to come on to his **** ass show to debate him. **** that. If he wants to have a debate about it he should be man enough to do it outside of his safe space where he can shout people down or cut their mics, etc. 

As far as sponsors, he might lose some. But what he won't lose is viewers. Remember, in the modern Trump GOP this stuff is not a bug, it's a feature.

• Like 1

Im definitely tired of fake apologies. I think there should be consequences. Especially if you have history and especially if we all know you are full of ****. Im real tired of playing that game with people. When i'm "forced" to apologize to people i'm known for straight up saying "I'm sorry you were offended" or "Im sorry you feel this is necessary" as apposed to my apologies or whatever they are looking for me to say. Fortunately thats not that often, cause im a real ass hole about it. I would rather people be honest and say **** like that, so that if I think there should be consequences afterwards we can judge it then. But a fake apology just ****s everything up and, besides, this is America. I don't have to be ****ing sorry. 

All that said, Tucker is a douche and we all know it. I wont waste my time giving him the benifit of the doubt or courtesy or any fairness at all cause I dont think deserves it. **** him and his otherwise blameless mother. 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

@Spaceman SpiffI can agree on the apologizing thing...it's not like Carlson would actually mean it...pretty much the entire world knows he's a total douchenozzle, and while it's bad to hear someone say the stuff he said in those clips, I'm surprised by precisely zero of it. 

That being said, as I noted earlier I DO take umbrage to him acting all defiant about it and then telling people who have a problem with it to come on to his **** ass show to debate him. **** that. If he wants to have a debate about it he should be man enough to do it outside of his safe space where he can shout people down or cut their mics, etc. 

As far as sponsors, he might lose some. But what he won't lose is viewers. Remember, in the modern Trump GOP this stuff is not a bug, it's a feature.

Yeah, I agree.  I've seen his show, he just talks over everyone.  There's no honest debate there.  **** him.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im definitely tired of fake apologies. I think there should be consequences. Especially if you have history and especially if we all know you are full of ****. Im real tired of playing that game with people. When i'm "forced" to apologize to people i'm known for straight up saying "I'm sorry you were offended" or "Im sorry you feel this is necessary" as apposed to my apologies or whatever they are looking for me to say. Fortunately thats not that often, cause im a real ass hole about it. I would rather people be honest and say **** like that, so that if I think there should be consequences afterwards we can judge it then. But a fake apology just ****s everything up and, besides, this is America. I don't have to be ****ing sorry. 

All that said, Tucker is a douche and we all know it. I wont waste my time giving him the benifit of the doubt or courtesy or any fairness at all cause I dont think deserves it. **** him and his otherwise blameless mother. 

Yep, I'm tired of people apologizing for other peoples feelings.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with point #3, the one unnerving thing about this is that there's a liberal group dedicated to doing stuff like this.  I'm sure the conservatives have one, too.  Can't have an NFL draft or an NBA draft these days without having an athlete having to apologize for a tweet from 8 years ago.  

Starting to disagree with your first point.  Apologies are being dished out left and right these days, to a point where they're not genuine and meaningless.  I believe people aren't sorry for 95% of the things they're being called to the mat on, they're sorry they got called out and are having to deal with being uncomfortable.  Putting out an apology in a tweet that's 140 characters or however many characters they have now is worth absolutely nothing.  

I'm growing increasingly tired of a lot of things, the apology culture being one of them.  **** that, don't apologize.  It doesn't do anything these days.  Would anyone here feel better about Tucker Carlson if he apologized?  No.  Would anyone believe it?  No.  

The sad thing is, he won't lose sponsors, this will just rile up the base even more.

#3 - Any group dedicated to it is brutal, but man, people get paid to do that? 

#1 - great perspective, and i actually do agree with you.  I think people like you, me, many others might know it's a garbage apology but it can help.  But you might sway me to say he shouldn't apologize.  I never thought of it as the "apology culture", it's a good way to look at it.

While i'm a right leaning person, I am not a huge fan of Tucker.  He doesn't do well/let people speak when they are on if he disagrees too much.  I can't stand listening to that.  While I may disagree with peoples stances, I love to articulate points, counterpoints, and discussion.  It's ashame that doens't call for good tv, apparently.  People might learn!

• Like 1